GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Well, that just shows the team is built really badly if you rely on one player, So what you're are saying is the team is a bottom feeder without him , which shows they would not go very far with him anyways

Right, because if McDavid or stone or kucherov tkchuck or bobrovsky or Hughes or maker or mackinnon were hurt, it wouldn’t matter at all.

Because those teams aren’t built really badly? Think about what you’re saying

Can't lie. You lose all three games on home ice in the playoffs, you deserve to lose.

Grow a set and lay them out there. No excuses.

Add that to 1-14 on the powerplay and yes you absolutely deserve to lose

If the leafs don’t turn around both of those stats, they just don’t have what it takes to win this series

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Well, that just shows the team is built really badly if you rely on one player, So what you're are saying is the team is a bottom feeder without him , which shows they would not go very far with him anyways
If you remove a top 5 player in the world from a team they will be a lot worse off. I'm not sure that's a reflection on the club as much as it is the importance of the best player

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm most curious about the energy of both teams tonight.
That bump from rallying around the loss of a star is usually good for a game or maybe two.
Gotta think Marchand had quite a bit to say to his room after that sleepy performance in game 5.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Props to Tavares last game. Been ragged a bit and mostly deserved but in OT he had a decision to make the lower energy play and dump it/chase .. or dig deep and try and turn the corner on the D man and while he didnt fully pull it off .. he got the puck towards the net and a good bounce

I doubt he does that if its 2nd period

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Only 1 game today. Everyone gets to watch this shit show together like the family we all are…
giphy[1].gif

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Right, because if McDavid or stone or kucherov tkchuck or bobrovsky or Hughes or maker or mackinnon were hurt, it wouldn’t matter at all.

Because those teams aren’t built really badly? Think about what you’re saying

Add that to 1-14 on the powerplay and yes you absolutely deserve to lose

If the leafs don’t turn around both of those stats, they just don’t have what it takes to win this series
If McDavid was out Hyman Draisaitl NUGE and Kane and Bouchard would pick up the slack , It's called depth.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Is it kosher for the Leafs not disclosing anything about the injury? I know NFL has strict injury reporting rules, not sure of NHL. I mean, he's obviously more than sick.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He asked if McDavid being out (Or Stone, or Kuch)"wouldn't matter at all?" Literally verbatim.

So, what you are saying is it wouldn't, right?

T
It would make a difference but would not be an excuse why the 20 other players can't perform. And Matthews playoff record is nothing to be blowing a horn about anyways 47 points in 54 games is ok nothing special

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If McDavid was out Hyman Draisaitl NUGE and Kane and Bouchard would pick up the slack , It's called depth.
If McDavid was out, Oilers don't win the first round. Let's not pretend teams can perform at the same level without their superstar #1 player.

Avs don't win a cup without Makar, Tampa doesn't without Kuch and so on.

Losing a superstar makes a difference, it's comical to suggest otherwise. We've seen what the Oilers look like without McDavid and with all due respect, it's literally a borderline lottery team. You need your superstars to be your superstars if you want to have any success.

It would make a difference but would not be an excuse why the 20 other players can't perform.
So we still expect Hyman to be a 50 goal guy without McDavid am i right ? Not an excuse why he can't perform without him ?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He asked if McDavid being out (Or Stone, or Kuch)"wouldn't matter at all?" Literally verbatim.

So, what you are saying is it wouldn't, right?
Aves won a cup after Forsberg went out - depth.
Pens won a cup with Letang....then won one right after without Letang - Depth
Bolts win a Cuo without Stampkos - Depth.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
It would make a difference but would not be an excuse why the 20 other players can't perform.
Well, that was the question, not whether or not the the Leafs or Oilers have depth.

Marner, Nylander, JT, Bertuzzi, Domi, Knies and Rielly hopefully "pick up the slack." See, I can do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3