Post-Game Talk: Zzzzz in Seattle

Which B player will make the team?

• Total voters

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I thought a good effort. We didn’t give up much. Based on our roster, I wasn’t expecting much.

I thought the team as a whole played well but there wasn’t very many stand outs. Just not much offensive skill in this game. Hopefully some fat gets trimmed from the roster.

Only two forwards who kind of stood out were maybe Benson and Ryan. But it wasn’t much.

Maybe Kesselring on back end.

Onto the next.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Game was lame. Not much happening. Bad stream.

Yes it’s preseason and it means “nothing” except we get a look at some prospects. On that note, I Been waiting years for Broberg to impress me, what’s another couple of years I guess.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good thing the GDT got closed. What a lot of shit talk in there.

Terrible game. None of the forwards playing tonight looked like one. If Benson is the best looking forward out there, and he wasn't much, shows what kind of night it was. Had to be the worst PP I've seen. 5min major and you end up -1. Go home. Cuts should start pronto.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I forgot how much people over react about preseason. NHL regulars don’t show up for preseason really.
The guys you want to show up and need to show up are guys who are FIGHTING for roster spots not guys who are trying to figure out which top 3 lines they will play in, especially when their linemates aren’t even there. How Pulju or Yamamoto play with 4th liners and AHL guys doesn’t say a lick about how they fit in our top 6.

Jesse is our most valuable prospect? After playing pro for 5 years? Uhhh.

reading comprehension is important! Our most important prospect COMMA Pulju. Two separate things.
I edited for clarification :)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
For the line up I'm going to say the Oilers played ok. Nobody really separated themselves one way or the other significantly.

Some random thoughts:

Broberg played approximately as good as Samourukov did the night before. Ditto Yamamoto to Puljujarvi.

Janmark more good than bad. I liked his game. Ditto Hamblin and Ryan.

Niemelainen best defenseman on the ice 2 games in a row. Although tonight that's not saying much.

Barrie rusty.

Virt did himself no favors. If decisions need to be made tonight for some reason he doesn't get a contract.

Goaltending was ok. Weaker than our guys last night.

Reactions: Ruok

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
He hasn't shown enough to stick around, no. Benson has however. Janmark didn't have a good game either. Ryan had an ok game, but got pasted a few times. Hamblin continues to impress, as does Wanner and Nemo. Broberg had a so so game.

Shocking lack of give a shit from a guy in his position. Complete opposite of Kane, who came out of the gate like he was shot out of a canon.

Virtanen looks like he'd rather be out fishing or something.

Reactions: McBooya42

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Shocking lack of give a shit from a guy in his position. Complete opposite of Kane, who came out of the gate like he was shot out of a canon.

Virtanen looks like he'd rather be out fishing or something.
Virtanen is simply not all that good.

Reactions: Gregsky99

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Any idea if this is archived? I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game.
Probably not and even if it was nothing to really watch. No one really played all that well, out skilled most of the night and outside of a few Benson and Hamblin shifts, not much of note.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
He didn’t show a ton last game and tonight he wasn’t there. I’d cut him some slack tonight as it was a back to back for him, but he didn’t do enough last night.

Where as Benson is playing like he wants a job
Benson played two in a row too and IMO has earned any job over Virtanen so far. One game for Janmark but it was bad - Ryan was better. Broberg played well last night, but not so much tonight.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
No no it’s Alex Peters

A5A19F69-96C1-4F4E-9C0B-7ADC0D5E1D69.png

No one named Peters was on the ice for the Oilers tonight

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Benson played two in a row too and IMO has earned any job over Virtanen so far. One game for Janmark but it was bad - Ryan was better. Broberg played well last night, but not so much tonight.
Oh for sure, Benson looks like she wants to be here. Janmark, like all vets that aren’t on PTOs get some leeway from me for a few preseason games, takes a while to shake the old man rust off

Reactions: McBooya42

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Cure for insomnia.

Meg Ryan > Derek Ryan

Murray vs Broberg is gonna be interesting in the next week.
I have no doubt that Broberg will be an NHL dman one day. But I really don’t know what he projects to be. I just wish he would use his skills and skating more. Looks like he’s trying to play too safe to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad