Recalled/Assigned: Zykov on waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Disappointing to lose him given the extra year left on his deal. Not surprising though considering he hasn't done anything of value for us in the first five games here.

If Vegas waives him, I'd assume we throw in a claim again.

space321

May 11, 2011
I have time for the player but he needs to be better. Both Tobias and Drake showed some really solid play and then injuries hit and they are shadows of their former selves.

Still a valuable player if he's playing at his best.

Why do you say this while at the same time saying you like Spooner? Spooner is like Rieder except he works 1/10th as hard.

Reactions: Missing smitty

space321

May 11, 2011
Spooner has scored.
That's how low the ****ing bar is. This forward group doesn't score.

I mean Rieder had 7 assists before his injury, he set up Chiasson for a ton of goals.

Kinda weird arguing whether the guy with 0g 7a is better than the guy with 2g 1a lmao

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Would have preferred that he snuck through waivers... as he didn't really get much of a chance on the Oilers.

He would at least have likely helped the team in Bako as he'd had good success in the AHL.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Chaisson goes down, they waive Zykov, which is a perfect fit to step in for him. Then they bring up Yamamoto and he's clearly not ready for the NHL still.

I'm just going to tell myself Zykov must have been frustrated at the lack of playing time and probably forced the move.

Seriously who isn't going to take a chance on a 23 year old who led the AHL in goals last year.

Oh well, par for this course :golfnana:

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Why didn't they waive Other more useless players as no one would claim Garrison, or Wideman or Benning? Should have waived Lucic yea I know about his contract.

Reactions: space321

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Disappointing to lose him given the extra year left on his deal. Not surprising though considering he hasn't done anything of value for us in the first five games here.

If Vegas waives him, I'd assume we throw in a claim again.
Why would we reclaim him? It's obvious they don't see him as a fit

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
I don't recall hearing his name a single time.

That's because he wasn't able to accomplish anything with his TOI. Guy was the least impactful player on the roster. Not sure why everyone is so bothered about losing him - Being bothered about him not working out I could understand. He wasn't terrible but he didn't justify a spot in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad