Recalled/Assigned: Zykov on waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He didn't show much and right now the team needs people that can help right now. Hopefully he clears waivers and gets going in Bako in the event that we need him later in the season.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Why are people assuming this is the last we see of him in an Oiler uniform?

I think Carolina reclaims him personally and if not them someone else will. I'll be surprised if he goes unclaimed. I think Canes fans were of the impression their management didn't want to lose him and were hoping he'd get through.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
The leading goal scorer in the AHL gets like 4 shifts a game and they give up on him. I'm not saying he's great or anything, but in his two seconds of ice time he showed me flashes of skill lucic never has. Dude needed a longer audition. It's turning into a more skilled league and seems the oilers coaches prefer low skill grinders in the bottom 6.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The leading goal scorer in the AHL gets like 4 shifts a game and they give up on him. I'm not saying he's great or anything, but in his two seconds of ice time he showed me flashes of skill lucic never has. Dude needed a longer audition. It's turning into a more skilled league and seems the oilers coaches prefer low skill grinders in the bottom 6.
Lucic “never has” really? Or do you mean “never has” shown this year?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
This will be Aberg all over again.

Chia has to go. This is two players that can help the team let go for nothing because they didn’t get a chance in a role where they can help when we’re starving for secondary scoring.

Oh well, call up another prospect who’s not ready for the NHL and gift them top 6 time, that’s his answer to everything.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
This will be Aberg all over again.

It could be more than that. Zykov is no shrimp, is 200lbs, can play in traffic and has a money shot.

A year later he's have scored some goals in Vegas and people here will be saying that any comments about it are revisionist.

Man, even when a plum falls in our lap Chia says its probably sour anyway.

This was on waiver pickup that actually intrigued me. Now he's gone to a better club. As others have stated probably smiling about it too.

Reactions: Jamin and Heavy Dee

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It could be more than that. Zykov is no shrimp, is 200lbs, can play in traffic and has a money shot.

A year later he's have scored some goals in Vegas and people here will be saying that any comments about it are revisionist.

Man, even when a plum falls in our lap Chia says its probably sour anyway.

This was on waiver pickup that actually intrigued me. Now he's gone to a better club. As others have stated probably smiling about it too.
I would of loved for him to shoot the puck even once in his time here. Say what you want about his ice time, 5 games and zero shots for an alleged shooter?

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Sucks to lose Zykov. After Hitches comments when we picked him up, it was a little puzzling to see Val sit in the pressbox and barely get bottom line minutes when he did play. I will reserve judgement until we see how he produces elsewhere, but this seemed like an absolutely pointless move. This along with the identity line are my first gripes with how Hitch is handling this roster. From all scouting reports, this guy seemed like a great fit to plug into the top line until Chaisson is back.

Atleast he stayed in the division, gives us a chance to watch him potentially become a successful player up close.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I feel like the Oilers org is trolling by this point. Waive Zykov who they barely ever even auditioned, call up Yamamoto, same f***ing day.

Of course Vegas claims Zykov to fill in on topsix, where a Zykov can obviously be a potential fit.

We have Chiasson injured, its glaringly obvious that Zykov could be a fill, and we waive him the same day as Chiasson is put on IR.

One day I'll be rendered speechless..;)

Reactions: Robayus and Jarvi

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Sucks to lose Zykov. After Hitches comments when we picked him up, it was a little puzzling to see Val sit in the pressbox and barely get bottom line minutes when he did play. I will reserve judgement until we see how he produces elsewhere, but this seemed like an absolutely pointless move. This along with the identity line are my first gripes with how Hitch is handling this roster. From all scouting reports, this guy seemed like a great fit to plug into the top line until Chaisson is back.

Atleast he stayed in the division, gives us a chance to watch him potentially become a successful player up close.

Zykov had 3G 4A 7pts in just 10 NHL GP in Carolina just last season. That is a very good walk in performance in limited minutes for any young player.

He's still young. Sometimes these moves just make no sense. Is there some kind of unspoken background not being stated? a backstory? This is strange stuff.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Zykov had 3G 4A 7pts in just 10 NHL GP in Carolina just last season. That is a very good walk in performance in limited minutes for any young player.

He's still young. Sometimes these moves just make no sense. Is there some kind of unspoken background not being stated? a backstory? This is strange stuff.
Agreed. I don't see what management saw as the upside to dumping him and bringing Yamo up. These are the players that we have to rely on with how Chia has built this team, and he didn't even get a chance.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Crap on Chia all you want here but the fact remains that on a team that is starving for scoring from anyone not named McDavid, Draisaitl or RNH, he was not seen as a solution by Hitch. Chia grabbed Wideman and Zykov and Hitch has no use for either guy. We are swimming with bottom 6 guys and AHL/NHL tweeners on the big club and on the farm. I wish Zykov all the best but when the coach has no trust in you then it's hard to get out of the dog house.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->