Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Pittsburgh for a 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Pittsburgh is a lovely city. Great food scene, passionate hockey fans, a great rink. I'm sure he won't be happy having to pay for 2 houses since his wife doesn't have a job.

I have some extended family in Western PA/Pittsburgh area. It’s a wonderful city just like you said. Food really is amazing, lots of Italian and Polish food. People are very nice and down to earth. They really do have the Minnesota nice feel. I will bet Zucker will eventually like this move professionally, even if it’s not ideal personally.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If Koivu is planning on retiring this summer, I really wish he'd let people know about it. It'd be nice for the team and fans to give him a proper send-off during the final game.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If Koivu is planning on retiring this summer, I really wish he'd let people know about it. It'd be nice for the team and fans to give him a proper send-off during the final game.

Agreed, and I wish we could ship him to a place to get a Cup.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Agreed, and I wish we could ship him to a place to get a Cup.
I wouldn't mind seeing him get the chance as well, but I keep reading how it's important to him to finish his career with the same team. It's a small possibility that he's made that request to the front office, and knowing that he's retiring, they've guaranteed him that out of respect.

I don't think they'll retire his number, and to be honest, I don't even know if they should. And I say that even though he's been one of my favorite players on the team since day one. I'd love for him to work in the front office, but my gut tells me that he wants to live closer to his family in Finland full time.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wouldn't mind seeing him get the chance as well, but I keep reading how it's important to him to finish his career with the same team. It's a small possibility that he's made that request to the front office, and knowing that he's retiring, they've guaranteed him that out of respect.

I don't think they'll retire his number, and to be honest, I don't even know if they should. And I say that even though he's been one of my favorite players on the team since day one. I'd love for him to work in the front office, but my gut tells me that he wants to live closer to his family in Finland full time.

Agree. Establish a ring of honor or something.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

6KzaRVK.gif

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Man what’s happened to galchenyuk? I see a trend for Habs former #3s with kotka in the future

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Never understood why GMs complain about not having enough top-6 centers but let their coaches yank an offensively talented, young forward after 1-6 periods if they are defensively poor and then only play at center defensively sound, but bad offense centers.

When is a kid supposed to learn how to play center at the NHL?

Because it is not in junior, for sure.

And it is not in the AHL because those guys get promoted to the big club only to play 4th line wing.

Reactions: nt3005

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I'm really struggling with this trade. We lost 25 goals from the roster without picking up an asset that can help for 5 years. Is the G-man a reclamation project, or just a placeholder for the rest of the year? Can we EVER get a C? Smh.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm really struggling with this trade. We lost 25 goals from the roster without picking up an asset that can help for 5 years. Is the G-man a reclamation project, or just a placeholder for the rest of the year? Can we EVER get a C? Smh.

If Addison is a player, his timeline will be shorter than 5 years.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm a big fan of this trade; Zucker was on his way out, change is needed. We got a reclamation project in Gally and if he works out, Wild could still trade him or sign him back for the cheap. Maybe work him with Kaprizov next season.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
If Addison is a player, his timeline will be shorter than 5 years.
I understand he could be rostered in 4 years. I don't forsee him being a major contributor his rookie year so I pegged him at 5. Thanks for the thought though. I also agree change is needed, just don't feel this is the one unless Gall can be saved.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
About to replace with 45 goals Kaprizov ;]

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
About to replace with 45 goals Kaprizov ;]
I like your optimism. Who is going to feed him the puck? My guess is KK pots 25 in his first year here. So it is net neutral for a year and a half with no playoffs. Sorry to be a downer but I'm really in a tailspin today.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I like your optimism. Who is going to feed him the puck? My guess is KK pots 25 in his first year here. So it is net neutral for a year and a half with no playoffs. Sorry to be a downer but I'm really in a tailspin today.
Net neutral for a year and a half while also gaining a 1st rounder and very good prospect? Doesn't that make it a good trade?

Reactions: zellmatic and AKL

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I think everybody's hope is Fiala - X - Kaprizov going forward right now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, assuming that we don't re-sign Galch, the Wild will have 5.5M to sign a 20 goal scorer. It's pretty obvious that we had too many LW's, and that we are going nowhere in the short term. I wasn't strongly in favor of trading Zucker, but Fiala's recent play has made him somewhat expendable, since we can't move players like Parise and Zuccarello.

Very sad if Koivu is indeed retiring. I am guessing his body is giving out on him. That's no fun. Maybe an off season of healing will allow him to reconsider, and play one more year. I think he's an asset to the team, even as a 4th line C.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't know that Kaprizov is the type of player that requires an elite center to feed him the puck. He's got the playmaking ability to create his own shot.

Two years from now:

Fiala - Rossi - Kaprizov

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Now one of Greenway/Donato/other gets the opportunities that Zucker had. That'll increase their goals (most likely).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Those two are going to need someone with size and strength to do the dirty work, for sure. I am also not penciling in Kaprizov as a 1st line player. That's unfair to him, and the team. There is a possibility that he isn't an impact player, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad