Zucker taking Vengeance against Nick Cousins after his hit on Valimaki (suspended 3 games)

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Why aren't Bruins fans allowed to call out gross behavior? Who is your favorite team so we an all point and laugh at your hypocrisy, as you seem to be attempting to do.

you need to pay better attention. if you did, you'd know the answer to your question and understand why i gave that particular bruins fan shit. maybe look more closely next time before you leap.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No defending Cousins (overall) but you can’t make a revenge hit like that and not expect to lose games. I‘d rather see a guy high sticked nose to nose than a hit like that from behind.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
cousins sucks, but let's take a scientific look at what is going on. the reaction time of a neuron to visual input is 180 ms. MIT research concludes that it takes the average human 390 to 600 ms to react to road hazards, not including the time it takes to physically turn the wheel or apply the brakes.

57.6 pokes at the puck during a clearing attempt
57.4 collapses arms inward
57.2 collision

if he had the benefit of time to premeditate the hit as suggested by many, he would have done far more damage as the opportunity presented itself. if anything, he showed restraint. the defender goes to their knees to block the clear, cousins is focused on the puck. when he sees the defender's new position, he has 400 ms to react. simply not enough for a human to change trajectory in a meaningful way. collapsing his arms inwards suggests an "oh shit" moment.

an experiment-how fast can you react when you are expecting a change in visual?

View attachment 795827

after about 50 tries i got down to 197 ms.

typical was 220-230 ms.
Sorry but Cousins is a dirty player with previous history and could have prevented that hit. Not just me saying it but most on this forum including getring character assassinated on CBC national broadcast. Cousins is another Torres and NHL is too stupid to not see this

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah, because it's such an excellent thread full of great takes about wishing concussion and injuries to players. So please, continue your moral crusade and call out the other lame comments instead of adding one more lame comments.
I know cousins plays for the panthers but this guy should not be in NHL anymore. He is a rat similar to Torres and hits to hurt. His reputation is already destroyed among his peers and media

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
you need to pay better attention. if you did, you'd know the answer to your question and understand why i gave that particular bruins fan shit. maybe look more closely next time before you leap.
I read your post. It was stupid. Maybe post better next time.

Reactions: Sigh

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
sure. if that's all you got from it, its probably best we can expect from your posts. Thanks for contributing.

am i supposed to be answering something? you have yet to get out of the gate buddy. just lame hypocritical scolding where you didn't identify yourself as a bruins fan who regularly shit talks other teams.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Props to Zucker. Willing to get suspended to respond to a dirty hit instead of allowing referees to fail at their jobs is how you create team camaraderie.
If I'm the owner I step in and pay that money right back to Zucker and then send a strongly worded letter to a media outlet for the incidents that have gone on in the league and how little protection and safety there is for them and the non action by the league for the dirty hits during and after the games is the bigger concern than retaliation.

Retaliation is going to keep ramping up because the players are going to feel as though that's the only way they can see the proper punishment handed out as a reaction to the dirty hits.

That is worse for the league for that to be the way it has to be.

This stuff gets swept under the rug so quickly. Larkin literally spoke out and nothing, same for Guds etc.

Bieksa just character assasinated Cousins on HNIC and he couldn't be more right. Called him a rat and everything haha
I generally despise Kevin Bieska and his cocky attitude towards I'm right and everyone else is wrong bs but he's dead on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad