Proposal: Zuccarello to Bruins

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Zuke for Frederic and a 2nd seems like something that can be done
I would take a good offer over waiting for a great one. Ottawa can blow the market to pieces by selling on Stone and/or Duchesne. Philly can put Simmonds out there. If the Isles cannot get Lee or Eberle to sign, they could be available. If that rumor with Tarasenko is true, there's that. That's just forwards, forget teams that are looking to upgrade at Defense and would spend their 1st rounder there. This is musical chairs, and if you want to play hardball, there's a good chance everyone else grabs a seat before you do. I just don't see a team saying Zucc is worth a first in comparison to the market.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The guy in NY that could help Boston is Kevin Hayes, filling in as 3C. Then the issue becomes cost. They can't spend a 1st on a 3c when they still need a 2RW.

You would be trading for a 2C that you will slot lower......I don't think that means the Rangers would take less for him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I would take a good offer over waiting for a great one. Ottawa can blow the market to pieces by selling on Stone and/or Duchesne. Philly can put Simmonds out there. If the Isles cannot get Lee or Eberle to sign, they could be available. If that rumor with Tarasenko is true, there's that. That's just forwards, forget teams that are looking to upgrade at Defense and would spend their 1st rounder there. This is musical chairs, and if you want to play hardball, there's a good chance everyone else grabs a seat before you do. I just don't see a team saying Zucc is worth a first in comparison to the market.

I'd move Zucc to Boston for 2 of JFK, Senshyn, Zboril, Celharik.......etc. Or Frederick+

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
JFK and 2019 1st
for
NYR 2019 2nd, TB conditional 2019 2nd [possible morph into 1st] +
Zuc at half = 2.25

less JFK elc = little over buck and a half cap dif

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I'm more than content waiting for much closer to the deadline, like a day before the deadline to see how the landscape looks.

Rangers are not going to make a bad trade today because something MAY happen with other teams.

Zuccs is a durable player as one Singing pointed out in a previous post and he is a consistent 55+ point player.

If anyone thinks a return for this player starts with anything less than a 1st round pick, your are out to lunch on values.

Let me state this again, THE START OF AN OFFER is going to be a 1st round pick in 2019.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Honnestly the best player for Boston as a #2c is Kadri. It's the perfect type of player for the franchise
Cannot stand that guy, less appeal then Marchand to me by 1000%. We have 2 center men of quality maybe look at what the team needs before suggesting bad ideas.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The original deal for Zucc is horrid, want no part of that deal or moving Senyshyn who is coming into form in the AHL. No to moving Frederic either, they are 2 players with good size, speed, scoring and tenacity. Exactly what the Bruins need not another small forward and a leftie at that

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It seems we are mostly agreed, most B fans want to keep Moore, most NY fans don't want to see him again.

So the core deal is Zuc to Bs for .....

Last edited:

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
JFK and 2019 1st
for
NYR 2019 2nd, TB conditional 2019 2nd [possible morph into 1st] +
Zuc at half = 2.25

less JFK elc = little over buck and a half cap dif

Too much for the Rangers to give.
Zucc with retention is likely worth the late 1st and JFK. Adding our second which could be very close to the Boston 1st and our conditional which could be a late first is absolutely over payment.

Last edited:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
It sees we are mostly agreed, most B fans want to keep Moore, most NY fans don't want to see him again.

So the core deal is Zuc to Bs for .....

Find it funny, but it reminds me of Bruins fans reaction to anything Reilly Smith. Seemingly unwilling to remove the belief of what he was yesterday for what he is today. I was a Smith fan though. Right now John Moore is a top-4 all-around defenseman in his prime signed at a bargain rate (recently turned 28). I doubt they would toss him aside without something enticing coming back.

As for Zuc, I'd say have your pick at the non-NHL players and picks. Again, I'd say he's not a great fit as a LH undersized middle-6 winger....

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
John Moore is 28 years old. You think his contract is going to be a better value when he's in his early 30s?

I think he is a great value. If he all of a sudden has his level of play fall off then he gets bought out for $1 million a year for 2 years, it's a great deal and at that low level of pay maybe they wouldn't even buy him out but demote him instead and have almost the same cap hit for a year instead of two. That is a contract that works well for the Bruins.

If he is as effective in his early 30's as he is now, he will have one of the better contracts in the league especially if the cap continues to rise. In his early 30's his salary drops to around $2 million so buying him out or demoting him is pretty painless at that point. I am going by memory so my numbers may not be exact, but they are close.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
You had Chara and Miller when your GM signed Moore to that contract. Since then, you traded McQuaid for Kampfer and a pick. Your depth hasn't changed. The only reason to trade him is to get out of that contract.

Maybe you forget that Moore was a Ranger earlier in his career. We know what he is. He was part of the Yandle trade. He spent all of 19 games in Arizona and didn't get a QO. He signed with NJ as a free agent for 3 years, yet they didn't re-sign him, despite having a bad defense and plenty of cap space.

You guys can talk about how well he has played for you, and maybe he has. Maybe he has finally found his groove. But if that were really the case, you guys would keep him.

You don't need to shed cap to fit Zucc. Zucc's cap hit is only 4.5 mil. Your deadline cap space is over 11 mil. So you can trade for Zucc and keep Moore.

There is zero chance that the Rangers will take back Moore in any deal.

Most people are saying that they shouldn't trade Moore. Zuc is a good player but he just is not the type of player that the Bruins are missing imho. I am sure there is a team that would give up a 1st and a prospect for him, I just don't think that is a smart move for the Bruins at this point.

As far as Moore, I also doubt that they would even consider moving him at this point, on top of him being a good player on a great contract, they need players to expose in the expansion draft and he will be in Boston until at least then is my guess.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
The original deal for Zucc is horrid, want no part of that deal or moving Senyshyn who is coming into form in the AHL. No to moving Frederic either, they are 2 players with good size, speed, scoring and tenacity. Exactly what the Bruins need not another small forward and a leftie at that

The fact that Senyshyn can't make the Bruins when they have almost no scoring past their top 3 forwards is a very bad sign. He's hardly coming into form in the AHL. He has 3 assists in 26 games and is a -10. He'll be 22 in March. Also a very bad sign for a player almost 22 to not score better in the AHL. Frederic is doing next to nothing in the AHL at 20. Not a good sign either. I'm quite sure the Rangers would have zero interest in either of those 2 players.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
He's my winger on the Bruins in my NHL 18 be a pro series. EA knows everything.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1) To all my fellow Ranger fans (or just the ones who don't pay attention to other teams) - John Moore is not the same player NYR's had. He's improved and has benefited from the NHL transitioning to a more faster game, where D-men are responsible to move the puck and skate. He is not a cap dump and they don't need to shed his salary.

Now with that said...

2) NYR don't need John Moore, regardless if he has been playing well. He's already 28 years old and we have a bunch of d-men who can't unload. We're not salvaging this season by gaining Moore. In my opinion, it makes more sense for Bruins to unload Moore in a different deal, but it seems like sending him off for no real reason.

If we're trading Zucc, I want a good prospect if the draft pick is gong to be a 2nd. I honestly couldn't care less if we retain money this year and certainly wouldn't expect teams to make the deal extra sweet.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If you want Zucc 1/2 retained for a 2nd, Bs will have to attach an A prospect and probably a 5th

Bruins do not want Zucc, so end this whole thing. It comes so far out of left field it is not even in the city. Nowhere are there rumors or smoke or anything. They do not need a small left winger. They need a 3rd line center and a big RW for the 2nd line. Exactly the opposite of Zucc so I have no clue why his name is mentioned. We have 2 good goalies, this is the same as looking for a goalie....why ....just why is this even an idea. Zucc is a good player so no need to defend him and get offended. Let this proposal slide away into nothingness that is deserves.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Bruins do not want Zucc, so end this whole thing. It comes so far out of left field it is not even in the city. Nowhere are there rumors or smoke or anything. They do not need a small left winger. They need a 3rd line center and a big RW for the 2nd line. Exactly the opposite of Zucc so I have no clue why his name is mentioned. We have 2 good goalies, this is the same as looking for a goalie....why ....just why is this even an idea. Zucc is a good player so no need to defend him and get offended. Let this proposal slide away into nothingness that is deserves.
Could be because you're saying they need a top 6 RW and he's a top 6 RW.

He's not an LW.

If you want a bigger player there that's fine, but I'd assume that if you actually need an RW that's why he's being brought up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad