Proposal: Zuccarello to Bruins

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Didnt know the team had 11 million dollars in trade cap

In that case, no need to include Moore

2nd round pick and two prospects then for Zucca

No interest in your spare change for zucc, we have contract limits and are looking for top tier talent. Rangers don't need any help further stuffing their farm system

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Oh I agree 100%. At the price he would command according to Ranger fans, I'm just not sure he should be the target. I also don't like the fact that he's a UFA at the end of the year. If you're going to blow a load of assets on a player, make it a potential long term fix, not a rental.

You just want everything dont you

A good player like Tarasenko who is locked up would take a ton to extract. Even Steen would be costly

The more realistic solution is to improve from within or trade for a rental... which Zucca would be (but could resign)

Wished the Bruins traded for Zucca and not Nash last season

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
John Moore is 28 years old. You think his contract is going to be a better value when he's in his early 30s?
He's got great wheels. Every Tom Dick and Harry who can skate backwards is going to be making north of 4M in a couple years. So yeah. I do. When You think that Marc freaking Staal makes about twice that much now, I think it makes sense. When the cap goes up, teams don't all of the sudden become fiscally responsible. They just throw more money at guys who suck. 2.75 is a deal in 2018. It's a steal in 2020.

Reactions: Dijock94

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
No interest in your spare change for zucc, we have contract limits and are looking for top tier talent. Rangers don't need any help further stuffing their farm system

Lol

So you think you can get a top level prospect like Debrusk for a soon to be UFA?

NYR must trade him or else risk to lose him for nothing. They already have quite a bit of money tied up

So get the best/highest bidder for the little guy

Doubt it will be for a high level prospect/1st round pick. Bruins 1st round pick could turn out to be in the mid teens...no way.

If you look at what Sens were only able to fetch for Karlsson or Hoffman for example... league is not eager to give up top level prospects or 1st round picks like candy

Right now the only soon to be UFA you would do that for is Panarin

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Maybe...maybe not

If not ..Bruins offer is solid imo

Zucca is a nice player but small and some history with injuries. Off to a slower start than usual this season

He’s been injured for weeks and his start was maybe a hair below standard with a weaker supporting cast.

No way Zucc goes for a prospect + 2nd unless that prospect is an A prospect. He will get a 1st.

Last edited:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I feel like we will be underwhelmed by the actual return for Zucc.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Zucc has been banged up this year but he'll still bring back a first between 20 and 30. I would think if it's a prospect also in the deal it would be of the 3rd line type who is a righty shot. Has to be a righty shot. I don't see Boston as a fit. Bruins are not a big team which for them is not Bruin like. I would think they would be looking for some size. However, if I'm wrong than something like Boston's first and Studnicka for Zucc and Namestnikov. A fair deal for both teams. Namestnikov plays big and has some size and that could help Boston. He's picked it up as of late.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
You just want everything dont you

A good player like Tarasenko who is locked up would take a ton to extract. Even Steen would be costly

The more realistic solution is to improve from within or trade for a rental... which Zucca would be (but could resign)

Wished the Bruins traded for Zucca and not Nash last season

I didn't say anything about Tarasenko.... Who knows what's on the market. It's not like Zuccarello is a perfect fit. In fact, I'd suggest he's not a goof fit with the glut of smallish left shot wingers.

Yes, Zuccarello would have been a better trade option last year. Again, I say if you're giving up a 1st +++..... a 3 month rental is not ideal... It wasn't last year with Nash either. Would be the same mistake.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
. However, if I'm wrong than something like Boston's first and Studnicka for Zucc and Namestnikov. A fair deal for both teams. Namestnikov plays big and has some size and that could help Boston. He's picked it up as of late.

I would take this deal yesterday

Zucc and Namestnikov (change of scenery) would be a nice welcome

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I think the Rangers would do this. Zucc is a UFA. Namestnikov has one year left on his deal. Rangers need to start adding righty shots to their system. They are rebuilding and the first would be good. Namestnikov has played well since Quinn kicked him in the butt. Studnicka has some nice upside and would be a good addition to the Rangers farm. I would not rule out Zucc resigning with Boston. It's close to NY and I could see him wanting to stay in the area.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think the Rangers would do this. Zucc is a UFA. Namestnikov has one year left on his deal. Rangers need to start adding righty shots to their system. They are rebuilding and the first would be good. Namestnikov has played well since Quinn kicked him in the butt. Studnicka has some nice upside and would be a good addition to the Rangers farm. I would not rule out Zucc resigning with Boston. It's close to NY and I could see him wanting to stay in the area.

VN actually has 2 years left

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Lol

So you think you can get a top level prospect like Debrusk for a soon to be UFA?

NYR must trade him or else risk to lose him for nothing. They already have quite a bit of money tied up

So get the best/highest bidder for the little guy

Doubt it will be for a high level prospect/1st round pick. Bruins 1st round pick could turn out to be in the mid teens...no way.

If you look at what Sens were only able to fetch for Karlsson or Hoffman for example... league is not eager to give up top level prospects or 1st round picks like candy

Right now the only soon to be UFA you would do that for is Panarin

A top level prospect? No not necessarily, but if the Rangers move him it'll be for something better than a 2nd + depth prospects. You can say that our hand is forced and we have to trade him, heck you might even believe it, but that doesn't mean it's true.

lxndr

Nov 11, 2017
IMO, the Bruins are not in a position where they can throw away 1st rd picks or good prospects on rentals for two years in a row. I hope Sweeney stays away from Zuccarello. Or Hayes.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Honnestly the best player for Boston as a #2c is Kadri. It's the perfect type of player for the franchise

No thanks...kadri is a dirty player

Also leafs have no reason at the moment to part with him. They need to keep him in case one of marner or am34 is traded (holdout)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Btw you know players develop right?

Moore is not the same kid he was when he started out with the Rangers

Which is obviously why NJ re-signed him...oh wait.

If he were actually playing as well as you suggest, you wouldn't be willing to trade him.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
And which teams would be interested?

Top teams likely dont need him

And how many are in the Bruins situation?

Unless an injury happens to fill in a spot and the team has no backup to fill in void
Any contending team which thinks adding a top 6 forward to push them to the cup will pay the asking price.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Which is obviously why NJ re-signed him...oh wait.

If he were actually playing as well as you suggest, you wouldn't be willing to trade him.

The reason I suggested is bc I forgot about the trade exception

If Bruins didnt have it...Moore would need to be included for salary match (half the amount)

Bruins lack salary (most have nmc, ntc etc) also have a surplus of Ds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad