Proposal: Zuccarello to Bruins

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The fact that Senyshyn can't make the Bruins when they have almost no scoring past their top 3 forwards is a very bad sign. He's hardly coming into form in the AHL. He has 3 assists in 26 games and is a -10. He'll be 22 in March. Also a very bad sign for a player almost 22 to not score better in the AHL. Frederic is doing next to nothing in the AHL at 20. Not a good sign either. I'm quite sure the Rangers would have zero interest in either of those 2 players.

The kid is and was a long term project in the mold of Kreider. A 6'3" speedy winger who scored at an excellent pace in juniors. Last year was his 1st year in the AHL, the staff wanted him to learn the game from the bottom lines = not going get a lot of points.

Senyshyn is tied for 7th in goals for the league, you left that out. At a minus 10 well that is what happens when your AHL team has mostly ECHL defenders. Remember that little ditty about the Bruins having every deeman injured and the AHL dee were mostly in the NHL. Scoring 10 goals while playing on the checking lines and hardly any power play time till lately in his 2nd year is good.

This year he started lower down the lines too after playing well in a few exhibition games with the big club. Lately he has being on a goal a game pace. Going to the net and playing with better linemates. In junior he used his speed to go outside around players easily. He was voted the fastest player in the OHL, next to McDavid he was probably the fastest in the whole CHL.

Frederic was injured this year. He is a big powerful center in the Backes mold, he will be up with the Bruins eventually. He would have had a shot had he not been hurt so it fell to JFK, who is not doing to bad lately.

The Rangers scouting staff would surely laugh at the idea that they would have no interest in Senyshyn and Frederic.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Could be because you're saying they need a top 6 RW and he's a top 6 RW.

He's not an LW.

If you want a bigger player there that's fine, but I'd assume that if you actually need an RW that's why he's being brought up.

Shows how much interest I actually have in him that he is a RW but shots left. They really need a right handed RW, we have tried lefties on the right. We had DeBrusk over on his off wing, it never worked that great with Krejci. The Bruins are small up front and have little to no muscle. They got pushed around by Tampa last year. They need size more then anything and a power forward in the mold of Simmonds. They have a lot of creative small/average sized guy that are not physical at all.

Add to that Zucc will be looking for that dangerous sunshine retirement contract that scares teams. Next September he will be 32 and should get a pricy 5 year deal. That is exactly what the Bruins need to avoid after Backes signing. They have Marchand, Krejci, Rask and Bergeron all in the 30s and cannot afford to sign another one to a long term deal. They have a few rookies looking for deals next year and Krug. Zucc would be nice in a perfect world but so would Panarin and Tarasenko. Not even sure if any of those guys want to play 2nd fiddle to anyone, that is the trick.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Shows how much interest I actually have in him that he is a RW but shots left. They really need a right handed RW, we have tried lefties on the right. We had DeBrusk over on his off wing, it never worked that great with Krejci. The Bruins are small up front and have little to no muscle. They got pushed around by Tampa last year. They need size more then anything and a power forward in the mold of Simmonds. They have a lot of creative small/average sized guy that are not physical at all.

Add to that Zucc will be looking for that dangerous sunshine retirement contract that scares teams. Next September he will be 32 and should get a pricy 5 year deal. That is exactly what the Bruins need to avoid after Backes signing. They have Marchand, Krejci, Rask and Bergeron all in the 30s and cannot afford to sign another one to a long term deal. They have a few rookies looking for deals next year and Krug. Zucc would be nice in a perfect world but so would Panarin and Tarasenko. Not even sure if any of those guys want to play 2nd fiddle to anyone, that is the trick.
Yeah, that's all fine and reasonable, just saying that people are probably thinking of him being an option for Boston since he's an RW and the Bruins have a need for RW.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yeah, that's all fine and reasonable, just saying that people are probably thinking of him being an option for Boston since he's an RW and the Bruins have a need for RW.

They need a Right handed RW with size under 30 and signed to a decent deal to play 2nd line minutes. Someone to be comfortable being behind Pastrnak and not his equal at all.

Bruins just gave up a 1st round pick last year for Nash, so that is in our mind set too. There has been some bad forward trades for the Bruins. Backes, Beleskey and Nash and they sting. I believe that Senyshyn is the guy they are molding and should get a shot before they go outside. They have to stop trading away young guys for older players. Eriksson/Seguin is another that went bad. Adding all the old guys they ran through with Stempniak, Gionta and John Micheal Lilies. Winnik almost made the team this year.

The other thing that scares some fans is the possibility that Bergeron could be done for the year if he needs surgery. He is near the 4 week time frame and will re-examined. Worst case scenario is they need all assets to get a top line center or just pack it in for the year, play the kids.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The fact that Senyshyn can't make the Bruins when they have almost no scoring past their top 3 forwards is a very bad sign. He's hardly coming into form in the AHL. He has 3 assists in 26 games and is a -10. He'll be 22 in March. Also a very bad sign for a player almost 22 to not score better in the AHL. Frederic is doing next to nothing in the AHL at 20. Not a good sign either. I'm quite sure the Rangers would have zero interest in either of those 2 players.

yes BUT he has 10 goals already vs 12 in total last season

He was drafted for scoring not passing

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins do not want Zucc, so end this whole thing. It comes so far out of left field it is not even in the city. Nowhere are there rumors or smoke or anything. They do not need a small left winger. They need a 3rd line center and a big RW for the 2nd line. Exactly the opposite of Zucc so I have no clue why his name is mentioned. We have 2 good goalies, this is the same as looking for a goalie....why ....just why is this even an idea. Zucc is a good player so no need to defend him and get offended. Let this proposal slide away into nothingness that is deserves.

big RW... right now Marchand Pasta alongside Krejci is excelling

I think this notion that a BIG RW has to always be in the picture on a Bruins team, is not necessary

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Bruins do not want Zucc, so end this whole thing. It comes so far out of left field it is not even in the city. Nowhere are there rumors or smoke or anything. They do not need a small left winger. They need a 3rd line center and a big RW for the 2nd line. Exactly the opposite of Zucc so I have no clue why his name is mentioned. We have 2 good goalies, this is the same as looking for a goalie....why ....just why is this even an idea. Zucc is a good player so no need to defend him and get offended. Let this proposal slide away into nothingness that is deserves.
A lot of words to say “not interested”

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
...They really need a right handed RW, we have tried lefties on the right. We had DeBrusk over on his off wing, it never worked that great with Krejci. The Bruins are small up front and have little to no muscle. They got pushed around by Tampa last year. They need size more then anything and a power forward in the mold of Simmonds. They have a lot of creative small/average sized guy that are not physical at all.

Rangers so far pleased with Strome who is adequately sized and skilled and actual righty.
While he is not core, I suspect he may be considered surplus only if there is enough reason to move him on the table. Not saying he commands premium, let alone massive overpay, but 5OA talent, we want profit.

We will find another nice home for Zuc.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Rangers so far pleased with Strome who is adequately sized and skilled and actual righty.
While he is not core, I suspect he may be considered surplus only if there is enough reason to move him on the table. Not saying he commands premium, let alone massive overpay, but 5OA talent, we want profit.

We will find another nice home for Zuc.
Strome was drafted 3 years ago and has been a big disappointment, his draft position means absolutely nothing. Also, nobody wants him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome was drafted 3 years ago and has been a big disappointment, his draft position means absolutely nothing. Also, nobody wants him.
Bust for 5OA, but serviceable at worst and showing spurts here and there.
Disagree nobody wants him.
Esp a team thin due to injuries.
He is a good stopgap/depth for us esp if we move Zib both to max top $ return and to avoid pending NMC next year, but I make Strome available if enough is forked over.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Don't think you will get anything of note for Strome. Only thing he's done well in NY is win draws at a 63% clip. Like you said. A stop gap. I think Zucc and Staal will both go to teams that nobody is talking about. That come out of nowhere. That is often how it happens at the deadline.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

I get what you’re saying but Zucc is probably one of the grittiest guys on our team, just because he’s small doesn’t mean he’s not physical
Don't think you will get anything of note for Strome. Only thing he's done well in NY is win draws at a 63% clip. Like you said. A stop gap. I think Zucc and Staal will both go to teams that nobody is talking about. That come out of nowhere. That is often how it happens at the deadline.
Strome has legitimately been great for what we got him for/relative to expectations but I agree he doesn’t hold much value. But saying the only good thing he’s done is won face offs is wrong, he’s been excellent defensively and he’s producing pretty solidly for us

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Strome - let's see what offer if any is made prob worth for NY to keep at this pt, but listen to offers

Zuc we expect is moved, not clear today what is best offer

Staal, his play is improved, but let's see who bites

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

Staal? You mean the one in NY with a NMC? I would guess he is a buyout candidate before he ever waives his NMC.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
He has a NTC and it is limited. Also, when players are asked to waive their NTC they pretty much do. You don't really want to play somewhere you aren't wanted. Plus, if you refuse, sometimes you are sent to the minors. Or you just are scratched every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00