Injury Report: Zuccarello out indefinitely with upper body injury, per NYR (Mod Warning Post #280)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Now the big question is if they can find some line combos that will work
I was not a fan of moving MSL up, because the Nash - Brass - MSL line was together earlier in the season, and didn't do very well if i recall (i really hoped that MSL would rise to the occasion now though.. but he did not appear to do so).

But the "problem" then, is that the only right wing available is Fast (ideally i'd want Miller or Kreider up there, but i dont really want to break up Steps line).

So unless you want to bust multiple lines, its MSL or Fast. Unless you think Shep can do it, hehe.

Or maybe a solid shakeup is just what they need *shrugs*

Wolfy*

I agree about putting Miller or Kreider in Zucc's spot. That top line must become effective...priority 1.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I agree about putting Miller or Kreider in Zucc's spot. That top line must become effective...priority 1.

Give it to Kreids... The more ice time he has the better he plays imo. And Miller hasn't earned top billing.

Whiskers*

The lines for tomorrow will be......

Kreider. Stepan. Fast

Nash. Brassard MSL

Hags. Hayes. Miller

Shep Dom Glass

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Huge loss for the team, but beyond the hockey component, because in the end it is just a game, I hope MZA turns out alright and has a healthy recovery.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I wonder if Zucc will use the ear piece that belongs to the helmet when he gets back? Don´t really get why the players remove this piece of protection, it seems like it would be too much of a bother, and the Zucc incident really shows how much this protection could do..... After all it is a piece of the helmet, and supposed to be used to protect the temple/ear area.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Wow some of you are seriously acting like he's going to die or something. The rangers handle all injuries like this. We have no clue what's going on, that's the gist of it. People in here leaning towards career altering? Jesus Christ

It's not good at all that they are rulining him out for the series already. Obviously he spent time in a hospital too, normally it's enough if he doc just checks in on you once or twice in a night which can be spent at a hotel or whatever.

Obviously he got a very serious concussion. Otherwise he would be expected back mid series. The fact that you -- cannot -- rule out career threating injury is not good. Serious concussion is not good.

Zucc very rarely takes blows to the head so this is very unfortunate...

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The lines for tomorrow will be......

Kreider. Stepan. Fast

Nash. Brassard MSL

Hags. Hayes. Miller

Shep Dom Glass

I love Fast, but it seemed like he had at least 3 or 4 quality chances in Game 1 but the play died on his stick. Hopefully getting his first goal will give him more confidence.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I love Fast, but it seemed like he had at least 3 or 4 quality chances in Game 1 but the play died on his stick. Hopefully getting his first goal will give him more confidence.

Yeah agreed for sure.

The thing is, Fast is kind of a different breed. He is actually a lot more talented offensively than say a Carl Hagelin. The kid could actually be a bit of a showboat in the SHL. A lot of nifty moves. And he was very good at making the right play, often made spectacular passes etc. He was the goto star on his team that had guys like Jason Krog and Rhaksani.

But when he has gone to new teams in HFD or NY he has really settled down and played it safe. I mean last year in the NHL he was extremely quiet. This year he does a bit more, but not much.

I am definitely expecting more the coming years, who knows how much but at least more. Would be nice if it could come a bit sooner though...

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I wonder if Zucc will use the ear piece that belongs to the helmet when he gets back? Don´t really get why the players remove this piece of protection, it seems like it would be too much of a bother, and the Zucc incident really shows how much this protection could do..... After all it is a piece of the helmet, and supposed to be used to protect the temple/ear area.

The piece chafs against the ear and makes constant noice, as well as it obstructs hearing on the ice. It doesnt make them deaf but its a bit annoying, so I kinda get why they remove it

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Per Tv2.no zuccs friend Bonsaksen confirms concussion.
The interesting part of that article is that Bonsaksen says "Zucc has never had a concussion before, and therefore has a greater chance of getting back quicker" (which is good news, but i strongly recall him being literally run over in the AHL and they claimed concussion back then) *shrugs*

In the very next paragraph it says "its impossible to say how long he has to wait, but I DONT THINK he has ever had a concussion before, at least not a serious one". So now he suddenly dont know ? I think i get the meaning of it, its just incredibly poorly written.

My understanding is that the latter is the actual quote from Bonsaksen (that he dont think, etc), and the "have never had a concussion.." is sort of a header / speculation (just presented in an incredibly poor fashion).

Anyway, here is the entire translated article for those interested.

member 116805

The interesting part of that article is that Bonsaksen says "Zucc has never had a concussion before, and therefore has a greater chance of getting back quicker" (which is good news, but i strongly recall him being literally run over in the AHL and they claimed concussion back then) *shrugs*

In the very next paragraph it says "its impossible to say how long he has to wait, but I DONT THINK he has ever had a concussion before, at least not a serious one". So now he suddenly dont know ? I think i get the meaning of it, its just incredibly poorly written.

My understanding is that the latter is the actual quote from Bonsaksen (that he dont think, etc), and the "have never had a concussion.." is sort of a header / speculation (just presented in an incredibly poor fashion).

Yeah he did, that was a mild one though and only kept him off the rink for a few days. (Posted the video of the awful hit somenpages ago).

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011

Seems like they really don´t know and don´t have a timeline. I guess the docs have decided to keep him out of the series against Caps no matter how his progression is.
The article pretty much states that it is nothing severe, but a concussion which is difficult to predict the outcome of.
When the series against the Caps is over (and hopefully won), he has been out for at least 2 weeks. It is probably easier then for the medics to learn more about how long he will be out.

About the earlier concussion he had in Hartford; that was a very minor one and only kept him out for a few days. I guess that´s why they are talking about "no history with concussions".

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's not good at all that they are rulining him out for the series already. Obviously he spent time in a hospital too, normally it's enough if he doc just checks in on you once or twice in a night which can be spent at a hotel or whatever.

Obviously he got a very serious concussion. Otherwise he would be expected back mid series. The fact that you -- cannot -- rule out career threating injury is not good. Serious concussion is not good.

Zucc very rarely takes blows to the head so this is very unfortunate...

I don't know. I don't recall the team ever providing good news about a concussed player. They tend to keep in quiet until they know when they're returning. You can never rule of career threatening until someone recovers IMO. Pronger's career ended on a pretty soft play compared to some of the hits he's taken and dealt out. I don't think any of this situation is unique to Zucc.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Thanks for posting the translation.

Glad to read that all he felt was a bit of grogginess after the puck to the head but nothing more serious. Also glad that he is talking to his friend daily. This was the best update we have had so far. Hopefully Zooks feels better every day/week.

Wolfy*

I believe he's pretty frustrated and bored these days. Can't watch tv much, has to stay away from NHL 15. Hopefully his mom arrives to fix some meatloaf, that usually speeds up his recovery ;)

DumpnChase12

Apr 26, 2012
Lake Worth, FL
I believe he's pretty frustrated and bored these days. Can't watch tv much, has to stay away from NHL 15. Hopefully his mom arrives to fix some meatloaf, that usually speeds up his recovery ;)

And brings him his monkey :laugh:

24whurs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad