Injury Report: Zuccarello out indefinitely with upper body injury, per NYR (Mod Warning Post #280)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Today, I did hear something was wrong a little more than a concussion. But nothing concrete enough to put in writing here. Still hoping for a next round comeback but what I heard today wasn't as optimistic. :(

Wolfy*

^^^^^^
Why did you edit?

Your avy is great...and I believe they'll do it too :yo:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
is the only thing we legitimately know is he had "an upper body injury"?
The Rangers call it an "upper body injury", yes.

We know that it is related to his head since he took a puck to the dome, and it has been confirmed in several places that 1. He spent the night in a hospital for observation, and 2. He did get a concussion.

If there is anything in addition to that, that has not been mentioned, but he is getting several weeks of rest, which should help him heal the usual "aches and hurts" one sustains over a season.

As for recovery, we can only remain hopeful in the fact that Zucc does not have a concussion history. Setting a timetable for a return is impossible, as a concussion affects each person differently. If we are very lucky, he could be ready to go in the next series if we beat the Caps. Or he could be out for the season, no way to tell.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Probably among the top 2 or 3 guys the Rangers could least afford to lose. Creates turnovers, great puck possession/passing, scores, hits, great defensive forward, etc...

He plays with such enthusiasm each and every night. I feel bad for the guy that he's out.

xChrisTilDeathx

May 25, 2014
Florida
Probably among the top 2 or 3 guys the Rangers could least afford to lose. Creates turnovers, great puck possession/passing, scores, hits, great defensive forward, etc...

He plays with such enthusiasm each and every night. I feel bad for the guy that he's out.

Yeah he brings all those things, but i feel what well miss the most and have missed it since his departure is his creativity and vision.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Jzznfcz.jpg

I keep hoping it's nothing more than gamesmanship on our end. :help:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
While there is no bright side to Zooks being out at least now he can rest the 1-2 other (undisclosed) injuries that he was already playing with in the last month.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Today, I did hear something was wrong a little more than a concussion. But nothing concrete enough to put in writing here. Still hoping for a next round comeback but what I heard today wasn't as optimistic. :(
i also listened to direct sources within the organisation that only said "it is serious" while refusing to
Get any more specific than this. Time will tell

Wolfy*

Carl Hagelin joins fans who show their support for Zucc.

Another indication that he will be out for a while..

(click image)

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Carl Hagelin joins fans who show their support for Zucc.

Another indication that he will be out for a while..

(click image)

Yeah, that's pretty telling. Really cool picture though.

And anything that helps Hags stay in super playoff Hags mode is a really good thing.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
What really pisses me off is people claiming to have sources, and provide little to no substance.

"I heard from a source it's serious".
That does nothing for anyone. Serious as in life threatening? Serious as in career threatening? Serious as in playoff threatening? Serious as in very close to being either of the above, but luckily not?

What does comments like that actually provide? It doesn't update us on his status, so what's the point. It's only effect is to worry the fans. Just keep it to yourself. That goes for both the sources and the people claiming to be "in with the organization".

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
What gamesmanship? They'd ice a weaker lineup to mess with the heads of the Caps?

Yeah, there really was quite a void of logic there... I found it really funny though that there was such a believe in the complete void of logic that it was worthy of spending time photoshopping to support it...

eyedoc

May 1, 2015

I am not sure he is in the top 2-3 guys, however his is VERY important. I would put these 4 ahead of him initially... with Zuc followed next.

1) Lundqvist
2) McD
3) Girardi
4) Krieder
5) Brassard

BarbaraAlphanse

i also listened to direct sources within the organisation that only said "it is serious" while refusing to
Get any more specific than this. Time will tell

Yup. Same here. I hate going to a few people that I know that are either in or have contacts within, but I guess I got a little too curious. Very mum but was told a little more serious than purely concussion. But time will tell. I'm hoping for the best here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->