Proposal: Zucc to Oilers for Lucic ++

Justin17

Nov 9, 2018
Zuccarello is worth a conditional second round pick (turn into a 2020 1st if he re signs)
Getting rid of lucic is worth a second round pick at most

So Lucic + 2018 conditional 2nd round pic + 2019 2nd round pic for Zuc is more faire I would think

Look at the Evender trade last year, I would say Zuc has similar value (a bit less actually)
Zuc is worth a late 1st and a B prospect. Getting rid of Lucic would take a lot more than a second. Though the original offer is awful.

Reactions: bernmeister

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I would rather keep Zuccarello for whatever may come this season and lose him in free agency then having to take on Lucic and his contract. Unless we are getting Edmonton's first or Bouchard, but I don't see either of them being on the table in this type of trade.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Outside of how horrible the value is for Edmonton, why would the Oilers want a rental Zucc? I mean I guess there is still time but they aren't likely to be a playoff team.

It's horrible all around. Even some NYR fans seem to hate it, showing it's a bad idea for both sides.

I don't use the word 'travesty' very often, but this is a travesty of a proposal. I also don't use that term lightly.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton wouldn't make that trade under any circumstances. Heavily favors the Rangers.

On the other side I think NYR can trade Zuccarello at the TDL and get a fairly decent return. Just not from Edmonton.

Don't count on an unprotected 1st + an organizations top prospect. That's a lot, even with taking a cap dump back.

Reactions: nturn06

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Zuc is worth a late 1st and a B prospect. Getting rid of Lucic would take a lot more than a second. Though the original offer is awful.

Evander Kane was traded for a conditonal 1st a 4th and an average prospect. Kane is worth more than Zuc so I doubt he will be able to fetch a late first and a B prospect

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton wouldn't make that trade under any circumstances. Heavily favors the Rangers.

On the other side I think NYR can trade Zuccarello at the TDL and get a fairly decent return. Just not from Edmonton.

Don't count on an unprotected 1st + an organizations top prospect. That's a lot, even with taking a cap dump back.

Zucc should and likely will receive a late first and maybe an okay prospect at the deadline when teams are more sure of the placement of said pick. Expectations of an unprotected first from a bubble team will not be realized. Expectations of a blue chip prospect like Bouchard will also not be realized.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think my proposal is fair.

First + for losing Lucic
First and prospect for Zucc
The proposal combines the two into a 1st and two (not both your best) prospects and returns a 2nd
If you don’t like it create your own proposal on your own thread. Notice I’m not “crapping” on you just disagreeing. Enjoy

Your proposal is bad for both teams. Under no realistic circumstances should we be taking Lucic's contract. It isn't just that his contract is bad and lasts for 4 more years. It's also that the buyout is bad, and he has an NMC, which means that if he isn't bought out, he'll have to be protected in the next expansion draft, and we'd be more likely to lose someone who is actually good at hockey.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
You guys can rip the proposal all you want

I believe Zucc fetches a first and solid (not elite) prospect

I believe the Oilers have been linked to trying to get rid of Lucic’s contract (which at 4 X 6) is horrendous. To move that would
Also require either a first or elite prospect.

Combine the two together and get a second coming back and I still like my proposal

Fire away if you feel the need

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think my proposal is fair.

First + for losing Lucic
First and prospect for Zucc
The proposal combines the two into a 1st and two (not both your best) prospects and returns a 2nd
If you don’t like it create your own proposal on your own thread. Notice I’m not “crapping” on you just disagreeing. Enjoy

As a NYR fan myself, none of this is fair for the Oilers.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
actually i expect Hitch to get more out of Lucic,

the principles of the proposal do reflect recent similar deals,
paying dearly for an offensive talent, and paying dearly to rid a large contract,
but both a first and one of those blue-chip guys is a very big ticket

i could see a deal involving a 1st, and/or young but not A+ prospects, such as Bear or Maksimov, supplemented by promising longer-shots like a Kesselring

the key to keep in mind is that for NYR,
Lucic is not an asset, he is actually part of the cost,
of both cap Space and taking ice time from a kid,
unless they flip him, and that would likely involve $$ retention

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
You guys can rip the proposal all you want

I believe Zucc fetches a first and solid (not elite) prospect

I believe the Oilers have been linked to trying to get rid of Lucic’s contract (which at 4 X 6) is horrendous. To move that would
Also require either a first or elite prospect.

Combine the two together and get a second coming back and I still like my proposal

Fire away if you feel the need

You need to define your terms a little more. I agree he could get a 1st and a prospect. But are you talking about a lottery pick or top-10 pick? Because I say there's no chance. Maybe I'll be surprised, but I just don't see it at this point.

Last edited:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
You need to define your terms a little more. I agree he could get a 1st and a prospect. But a lottery pick, or top-10 pick? Not a chance, IMO. Not a freaking chance.
It’s not JUST Zucc. We’re adding a 2nd AND taking back Lucic’s contract.

Sheesh

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It’s not JUST Zucc. We’re adding a 2nd AND taking back Lucic’s contract.

Sheesh

I'm talking about Zuc's value on his own.

Look, we need a goal-scoring winger, and preferably one who's signed beyond this season. It makes no sense to give up the other assets with Lucic for a winger who isn't going to put us over the top this season, and not the kind of shooter/sniper we really need for the 2nd line with RNH. Zuc is a 15-19 goal scorer (one outlier season with 26g in eight years), which is fine, but it's not enough for what we need. There's zero impetus for the Oiler to do this. Just being real with you.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Oh boy, you mean we can give you our two top prospects, a first UNPROTECTED just for you to take Lucic?! And you’ll give us a rental back?! No way dude, where do we sign?

Jking, your proposal is awful. Holy shit

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad