Dec 29, 2017
Zuccarello alone is worth a 1st plus on an expiring contract
Taking back Lucic with no retention is worth 1st and top prospect

My proposal
To Edmonton-Mats Zuccarello and
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

To NY Rangers-Milan Lucic
Oilers 1st 2019 unprotected
Rangers choice of 2 prospects (only 1 of Yamo or Bouchard )

Oilers free up Lucic contract and get a premium winger on an expiring contract
Rangers get younger and more assets

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

My proposal
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

Rangers choice of 2 prospects

Oilers kindly, politely tell you to go have sweet relations with yourself. On no planet are we giving up an unprotected first and what I would assume would be Puljujarvi/Yamamoto and Bouchard to dump Lucic for a rental.

Oilers counter with Staal, an unprotected first, and our choice of two prospects (only 1 of Chytil and Andersson) for Talbot and a 2nd.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Oilers kindly, politely tell you to go have sweet relations with yourself. On no planet are we giving up an unprotected first and what I would assume would be Puljujarvi/Yamamoto and Bouchard to dump Lucic for a rental.

Oilers counter with Smith/Staal, an unprotected first, and our choice of two prospects for Talbot and a 2nd.
Yours is sarcastic and unrealistic. My proposal is serious and meant to provoke discussion. Chill out or go away and ignore the thread. EASY!!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yours is sarcastic and unrealistic. My proposal is serious and meant to provoke discussion. Chill out or go away and ignore the thread. EASY!!

Your proposal is terrible and I am not the only Oiler fan that is going to crap all over you.

My rejoinder is serious. Talbot was great as a Ranger and that Staal contract sucks. If you want out from under it you have to pay up.

You’re asking Edmonton to be fine with giving up an unprotected first rounder, Bouchard, and Puljujarvi for a rental and a second. If Lucic has no value to you, that’s totally fine, but that is an absolutely asinine asking price.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Your proposal is terrible and I am not the only Oiler fan that is going to crap all over you.

My rejoinder is serious. Talbot was great as a Ranger and that Staal contract sucks. If you want out from under it you have to pay up.

You’re asking Edmonton to be fine with giving up an unprotected first rounder, Bouchard, and Puljujarvi for a rental and a second. If Lucic has no value to you, that’s totally fine, but that is an absolutely asinine asking price.
I think my proposal is fair.

First + for losing Lucic
First and prospect for Zucc
The proposal combines the two into a 1st and two (not both your best) prospects and returns a 2nd
If you don’t like it create your own proposal on your own thread. Notice I’m not “crapping” on you just disagreeing. Enjoy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think my proposal is fair. If you don’t like it create your own proposal on your own thread. Notice I’m not “crapping” on you just disagreeing. Enjoy

Your proposal is not fair. No one in their right mind is giving up three A assets for what you’re proposing. The only Ranger fan to comment so far also thought it was brutal.

Again, if you think Lucic’s contract is so brutal that he’s worth an unprotected first AND a top prospect, Edmonton laughs you off the phone and then blocks your number. We’d much, much, much sooner keep him or retain. We’ve waited for a prospect like Bouchard as long as I’ve been a fan of this team, he is absolutely not available - and definitely not available in a situation like this!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ok so you need a winger. What would you pay for Zucc and then what would you pay for getting out from under Lucic’s contract

If I’m the Oilers sitting 22nd overall I’m not paying anything for rentals and I’m damned sure not giving up my first rounder unprotected or Evan Bouchard just to get out from under a contract.

I would much sooner retain 50% and get a mediocre return. Lucic at 3 million is very manageable.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'm thinking there should probably be a thread dedicated to Lucic deals, because it's starting to get out of hand and cutting the knees out from many Oiler proposals that might actually make a bit of sense and have some small possibility of actually happening. This deal is not going to happen. Not a very, very small chance, but an absolutely zero chance.

Reactions: zar
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Ok so you need a winger. What would you pay for Zucc and then what would you pay for getting out from under Lucic’s contract

You have to look at it from both sides. Zuccarello is a upcoming UFA. You are not only asking too much, you're really not even negotiating in good faith.

Would you trade the Rangers 1st, Miller and Kravtsov for a 2nd round pick, a UFA top six F (you likely will lose at the end of the season) and that team taking Marc Staal? Because that's in essence what you're asking for.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
When the same person keeps creating proposals that somehow, magically, benefit neither team.

giphy.gif

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

My proposal
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

easy no from the oilers

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'd rather use the 1st and other assets to get a guy like Toffoli (as an example) or someone similar -- a somewhat younger guy who's under contract past this season. Also, we need a shooter. A guy who can make some snipes and maybe even have a decent one-timer. Zucs is a nice player, but he's not the goal-scoring type winger we need (as in a proven 20-30 goal winger).

Last edited:

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

My proposal
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

Could be one of the worst trade proposals I have seen in a long while, Worst than some of the leaf fan proposals I have seen. Please I beg you to refrain from ever posting something so absurd again. Signed an unbiased Hab's fan.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

My proposal
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

You aren't going the Oilers to make a buyers type trade with them currently 4 points out of the play-offs. Be realistic.

And even then, Lucic's contract is REALLY bad, but no team is going to gut their future for a 31 year old rental who's pacing under 50 points.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal

Zuccarello is worth a conditional second round pick (turn into a 2020 1st if he re signs)
Getting rid of lucic is worth a second round pick at most

So Lucic + 2018 conditional 2nd round pic + 2019 2nd round pic for Zuc is more faire I would think

Look at the Evender trade last year, I would say Zuc has similar value (a bit less actually)

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

My proposal
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

Trash proposal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad