Proposal: Zucc to Oilers for Lucic ++

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The Rangers have no business taking on Lucic and his cap/term during a rebuild.
Edmonton currently has no business thinking about acquiring a UFA for a playoff push.

Reactions: bernmeister

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Yours is sarcastic and unrealistic. My proposal is serious and meant to provoke discussion. Chill out or go away and ignore the thread. EASY!!
I do not care about the Rangers and the Oilers, but I'm sorry, your original proposal wasn't very good. In no world does Zucc return Bouchard or Yamo. Plus a first rounder to boot. Even with Lucic's bad contract heading the other way, Oilers fans would hunt down Chiarelli with torches and pitchforks in hand.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I think this is the same guy that was trying to pawn Zuccarello off on the Av's for way too much. He has 28 more GMs to hit up still to do his due diligence.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Zuccarello alone is worth a 1st plus on an expiring contract
Taking back Lucic with no retention is worth 1st and top prospect

My proposal
To Edmonton-Mats Zuccarello and
NY Rangers 2nd pick 2019

To NY Rangers-Milan Lucic
Oilers 1st 2019 unprotected
Rangers choice of 2 prospects (only 1 of Yamo or Bouchard )

Oilers free up Lucic contract and get a premium winger on an expiring contract
Rangers get younger and more assets
uEh6No2.gif

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I do not care about the Rangers and the Oilers, but I'm sorry, your original proposal wasn't very good. In no world does Zucc return Bouchard or Yamo. Plus a first rounder to boot. Even with Lucic's bad contract heading the other way, Oilers fans would hunt down Chiarelli with torches and pitchforks in hand.

bouchard has way more value than yamamoto

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Lucic sucks bad and is over paid by 3m a year but he's not give 2 first round picks bad.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
day of reckoning:

Maybe Zuuc for Poolparty
they don't send a top 5 who is not yet bust territory for a UFA rental esp since they are not presently likely projected to go far in the POs

You have to look at it from both sides. Zuccarello is a upcoming UFA. You are not only asking too much, you're really not even negotiating in good faith.
Would you trade the Rangers 1st, Miller and Kravtsov for a 2nd round pick, a UFA top six F (you likely will lose at the end of the season) and that team taking Marc Staal? Because that's in essence what you're asking for.
Essentially concur.

Bernmeister burner account?
Please, there is only one bernmeister. Accept no imitations.

I thought the same for a minute. But the OP is not nearly long-winded enough to be him.
one man's ceiling is another man's floor
one poster's minimal content is another's lack of detail

Zuccarello is worth a conditional second round pick (turn into a 2020 1st if he re signs)
Getting rid of lucic is worth a second round pick at most

So Lucic + 2018 conditional 2nd round pic + 2019 2nd round pic for Zuc is more faire I would think

Look at the Evender trade last year, I would say Zuc has similar value (a bit less actually)
Hell to the no.
He's all yours
enjoy

As much as I'd love to have that first, Lucic's deal has four more years still. That is just horrendous. Really would have to think on that from NYR's perspective and the deal doesn't do much for the Oilers overall.
this is the overriding factor

Outside of how horrible the value is for Edmonton, why would the Oilers want a rental Zucc? I mean I guess there is still time but they aren't likely to be a playoff team.
Agree.

I'm a Rangers fan and I agree it's a travesty. Worse than most bernmeister proposals.
Agree OP is indefensible.
I do not concur as to mine.

Zucc should and likely will receive a late first and maybe an okay prospect at the deadline when teams are more sure of the placement of said pick. Expectations of an unprotected first from a bubble team will not be realized. Expectations of a blue chip prospect like Bouchard will also not be realized.
Generally yes.
Bold not from a bubble team, and not for Zuc.

Zuccarello
1C Cristoval Nieves
for
Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Who says no??? :sarcasm:

Bernmeister says no.
Correct.

Never a fan of RNH, who is a slightly more talented version of Stepan. Good but not great, reliable, but not spectacular. Not worth his cap hit to NY.

And only made sense for the Rangers
bitter retort from a guy whose team wants help now, has no desirable currency to use, and does not want to sufficiently pay for that help.

Actually, it wouldn't. That's the most fascinating part about Bern trades. He'd find a way to trade Zibanejad and turn that into 3 defenders, creating a huge logjam and we'd be left with Nieves as our first line center.
trading Zib is unfortunately necessary due to his pending nmc, which Gorton can avoid with generous ntc spolicy. also if Hayes is dealt and returns a la Chapman back to Yankees, and he should, we need Nieves as a 1 yr stopgap [b'c he is the best fit to hang with 1lW Kreider] until late next season when Kravtsov/Chytil/Howden can all BEGIN to EXPLORE push as legit 1C. If we deal Skjei/DeAngelo/Pionk for profit, need upcoming D, esp RD prospects.
Arguably a cogent strategy, despite lack of many being that bold/coming on that early.

Nah. The proposal would have taken 3 pages and involved 28 different moving assets between 4 teams.
Sounds more like a series of trades and not a single proposal.
Confession is good for the soul.
Detail is good to defeat ambiguity.

Rangers would prefer to have cap in the future years than have 6m anchor Lucic. And really why do the Oilers want Zucc, it's not like he will change their fortunes (a playoff spot).
Both sentences very true.

The Rangers have no business taking on Lucic and his cap/term during a rebuild.
Edmonton currently has no business thinking about acquiring a UFA for a playoff push.
Echoes immediately prior post, as does my response.

Lucic sucks bad and is over paid by 3m a year but he's not give 2 first round picks bad.
No.
The unreasonably long term makes that contract an anchor for any club, and since cap space is a precious resource valued at a premium, you have to pay someone substantially to remove the anchor.
Down the road as there is less term remaining may be different.
But right now Oil is stuck w/Lucic, serious concession in trade not withstanding.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
bouchard has way more value than yamamoto
I agree with you. But still, Zucc isnt worth Yamo and a first either. The Oilers would never do that to rid themselves of Lucic's contract. I mean Zuc will be probably looking for almost 5.5 or 6 mil in free agency, so to save a mil or less in cap space, you dont give up that much.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I think the pride is too strong in this org to give up a 1st rounder to get rid of Lucic. They would probably just buy him out and hope fans forget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad