Do you pay Zub that much?

• Yes

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 99 90.0%

• Total voters

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
No - I love Zub but that’s an overpayment. He is a #4, at best a #3. Think he’s worth about 4.5 but I’d pay him a bit more if need be.

Reactions: Cosmix and Deku

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I voted NO here because there's no reason for this to happen, unless Dorion dorions it up

He just doesn't have the numbers for that kind of money. He actually reminds me of Alec Martinez when he signed a 6 years contract starting in 2015-16 (28 y/o) with a 4.0 AAV, which was a 5.80 C.H.%, which would be ~4.75 on a 81.5 salary cap

Speaking of Martinez, look at his scouting report on SF, you'd think you were reading Zub's :

Is a strong, swift and well-balanced skater with two-way ability. Has solid puck-moving and passing skills, as well as defensive acumen. Usually keeps things simple and limits mistakes. Lacks consistency in terms of offensive production at the National Hockey League level. Is not overly physical, despite pretty decent size. Could stand to shoot the puck more.

Long Range Potential: Quality, mobile two-way defenseman.

I am expecting a 5 years x 5.0 AAV extension

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Last thing this team needs is another Zaitsev situation right after getting rid of one Zaitsev situation.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
thats high but I would overpay at 6M x 4 max. Zub provides a shit ton of stability and he is a right shot. if he gets to market a team will give him that price tag just to have him on their team.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Whoa down now...that is way too much.

How did you arrive at that number?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
WTF lol when did Zub become a $7M player?

Love the guy and all but he can't be worth more than $6M at the very most, and ideally he'd get around $5M over 5 years.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sens have all interest to try to re-sign Zub this offseason because the team should be much better next year and he will constantly be paired with Chabot or Sanderson so he will have a lot more touches IMO. We should be spending more time in the Ozone and he should be able to use more of his offense. If the team takes a step forward I would not be surprised to see him put up a 40 pts season and price himself out of town.

Sign him this offseason. He's 26 right now, he's a smart cerebral player. 4 to 6 years around 4.5-5M seems like a good deal for both sides. You don't get much for that price nowadays and he can play a ton of minutes of high quality hockey against any offense plus he has some good instincts on offense.

6.7M is too much for the points he's putting up right now. If he has a good season next year and goes to UFA I could totally see a team giving him that much. Teams are desperatr to find players like Zub.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If it came down to losing him or paying him 6.7M I'd bite the bullet and throw the money at him, but I wouldn't be thrilled about it.

Top 4 RD are almost impossible to find, and Zub has proven to be one. He's the most important upcoming UFA to re-sign by a longshot.

Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad