Confirmed with Link: Zolnierczyk suspended four games

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Meh. No problem with this one. May be a little harsh but whatever. At least it wasn't Rinaldo, then it would be a possible lifetime ban.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I actually agree with a suspension here but I want to see more consistency in these things. If Harry Z wasn't a run of the mill type player we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

If he was Kronwall, everyone would be talking about how great the hit was.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Shanny needs to be ****ing replaced..

u CAN clearly see that both of Zs skates do NOT leave the ice at the moment or before contact only 1 does..

this guy has no business being the only say in who/how or why suspensions get handed out.

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
I think the lengthy suspension has more to do with Harry Z being a 4th line no body. If lets say I dunno James Neal threw a head shot he'd prob only get a game or something since his production is very important for his team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

u CAN clearly see that both of Zs skates do NOT leave the ice at the moment or before contact only 1 does..

this guy has no business being the only say in who/how or why suspensions get handed out.

I lost all faith in Shanny last year during the playoffs when he believed Neal's dumb*** excuse for launching into Couturier. That should have been a textbook suspension there especially when Neal was running around like an idiot when his team was down. But since Neal is one of the better players in the league he was given a free pass for his actions.

Jamie Benn cross checks Ryan Jones in the back when Jones wasn't looking and Benn only gets a fine. The league is so inconsistent it's not funny.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

I think it just completely depends how hungover Shanny is when he does the reviews. It's totally arbitrary every time.

Harry was playing really well, so it's unfortunate that Lundin is such a moron he skated with his head down across the ice.

That Alfredsson isn't getting even a review is a joke, but not unexpected, given the clowns who are running the league.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
They'll never say it, but I'm sure that hit the other night played a factor in the decision. Much like the Schenn suspension, it's a wake up call.

Exactly, it's a wake up call. If you're going to get suspended for crap, you should make it worth your time/money and really hurt the guy.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Erskine intentionally elbows Simmonds in the face and gets 3 games. Harry Z killed a guy with his head down and got 4. Am I missing something?

Yukon Cornelius*

I don't think there was much argument that "Z" wasn't going to suspended but 4 games? for a first time offender? and no review for a blatant cross check to the face? That's a tough pill to swallow.

While I applauded these video reviews and explanations at first, I'm almost always left bewildered as to the interpretations of said video evidence.

This is starting to feel like the the Colin Campbell years when his suspensions felt more like mandates on how the Flyers should play the game and who they should put on the ice.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Can we just get a panel of 3 to 5 people to review suspensions? I think that would make everyone a lot happier than just having one individual review these cases.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
4 games is extreme.

I really can't believe "Alfie" won't even be fined. That's what really bothers me. I hope zac runs him over next meeting. Nothing illegal mind you just send him into a bench or something then destroy Neil so no one can say anything.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
And alfredsson gets a pat on the back.

Boy, I miss the days when borderline hits were allowed and using your stick to attempt to injure another player wasn't allowed.

I guess that's what captains do. Wait until your team is down by a goal with 8 mins left and then take a major for being a clown.

Classless Alfredsson

Like I said in the locked thread, guys remember **** like that. We play them again :)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Meh. No problem with this one. May be a little harsh but whatever. At least it wasn't Rinaldo, then it would be a possible lifetime ban.

Rinaldo would of been suspended if he used his stick on Alfredsson.
Lundin comes into the offensive zone head down, crotched over and he got blasted. This is nothing more then a 2 minute minor for charging at the most if Lundin wasnt stupid coming into the offensive zone. Z is barely 5'11 and Lundin is 6'2".
Im not really that pissed off at Alfredsson. Rinaldo was getting under the skin the whole game of the Sens until the frustration boiled over and Alfredsson took a stupid penalty with the game on the line.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Shanaban is consistently inconsistent with his rulings. He is a joke and needs to be replaced, preferably with a committee or panel of people. That Neal suspension last year, still gets me. That excuse used was such a lie, I bet even a young kid could tell. How does a grown man believe that? :help:

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
To me it looked like an upper chest hit, Though it was clear Z was in the process of leaving his skates just before or possibly during the hit. The Flyers broadcast or at least Jones said it was borderline. Now Z will be targeted by the refs and will probably have to change.

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
4 games? Where the **** is the consistency?

Last year Keith was suspended only 5 games for his retaliatory elbow to the head of H. Sedin. I don't think Harry's play was even remotely close to how vicious Keith's play was and yet he gets one game less than that.

Whatever, 4 games is pretty harsh considering Harry Z has no history, but what's done is done I guess.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts

Experts at losing
Sep 28, 2010
Philadelphia
I could see while watching the game that he jumped off the ice to hit him in the head. I don't know how so many people here think it wasn't a charge/hit to the head.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Like it or not this was a charging call. 4 games is about what i expected.

I think players should get harsher penalties if they're a fourth liner with only a few games under their belt in the NHL. Just makes sense, i'll miss harry i guess though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Like it or not this was a charging call. 4 games is about what i expected.

I think players should get harsher penalties if they're a fourth liner with only a few games under their belt in the NHL. Just makes sense, i'll miss harry i guess though.

I think the exact opposite. All players should be held to the same standard regardless of what their status in the NHL is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad