Confirmed with Link: Zolnierczyk suspended four games

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
@NHLFlyers
NEWS UPDATE: #Flyers (F) Harry Zolnierczyk has been suspended four games by the NHL

@BroadStBull
Zolnierczyk figures to be replaced by Knuble. #Flyers

Video link: Flyers' Zolnierczyk suspended four games

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658395&navid=nhl:topheads

NEW YORK -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk has been suspended for four games, without pay, for charging Ottawa Senators defenseman Mike Lundin during NHL Game No. 302 in Philadelphia on Saturday, Mar. 2, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Zolnierczyk will forfeit $12,972.96. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 9:13 of thefirst period. Zolnierczyk was assessed a major penalty for charging and game misconduct.

Last edited by a moderator:

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I truly don't know what they saw. Can't wait for Shanaban's explanation of this one.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
4 games seems a little high compared to others this year, but I will never ever complain about suspensions for hits near the head / while off the skates. Hits like Harry Z's need to be out of the game.

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
4 games huh? I just watched the video explanation and I started to wonder how many games he wold've gotten if he was a repeat offender.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
And alfredsson gets a pat on the back.

Boy, I miss the days when borderline hits were allowed and using your stick to attempt to injure another player wasn't allowed.

I guess that's what captains do. Wait until your team is down by a goal with 8 mins left and then take a major for being a clown.

Classless Alfredsson

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
A game or two longer than I expected given that Z has no history, but I can't really argue against it too much. It was a bad hit.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
4 games huh? I just watched the video explanation and I started to wonder how many games he wold've gotten if he was a repeat offender.

They'll never say it, but I'm sure that hit the other night played a factor in the decision. Much like the Schenn suspension, it's a wake up call.

Jordan941

Apr 16, 2012
After watching the Shanahan video, it is pretty obvious that Z launches before contact and makes direct contact with that head. Still would have liked to see 2 games, but it is what it is

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He was getting suspended, I thought 2, but whatever. Worse is that Knuble draws in , that sucks.

GTopCheese

Jul 19, 2012
That's pretty much a joke considering the other suspensions/non-suspensions this year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I actually agree with a suspension here but I want to see more consistency in these things. If Harry Z wasn't a run of the mill type player we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad