Injury Report: Zibanejad placed on COVID-19 Protocol

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I have a working theory that "covid Zibanejad" is just Zibanejad when he's not on a stretch where he's shooting 30%.

He's been exposed multiple times through vaccination and a pretty bad case last summer. If he does have it again, I doubt it's anything to write home about.
It’s crazy how he’s the one dude who keeps running into it. I think he’ll be okay too.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Some people fail to build any antibodies even after 3 shots. Admmittedly, this is very rare.

My doc has treated me in a way I like.

A month after the first vaccine, he tested me for antibodies. Registered 132. 250 was considered a safe number. Don't know if that's still recognized as accurate.

A couple months later I was tested again and got 146.

A month after the 2nd shot I was tested again and registered 2500+, which was considered the best protection you can have. At least that's what I was told.

I don't know if that's still the belief.

FWIW I have the same cancer that Powell had. I am in remission now but multiple myeloma is not considered curable at this point in time and is always expected to make a return. I am in a post stem cell transplant clinical trial for the next two years….maybe longer. Powell also was 20 years older than myself, had had prostate cancer and had Parkinson’s so there were other extenuating circumstances. That said his death triggered stories on myeloma and one article cited a study that came out in June that the Covid vaccines had only a 45% efficacy for people with my kind of cancer. I’m aware that I am immune deficient and not just for Covid. That said getting that vaccine and revaccinating for pretty much everything else (between the myeloma, the chemo and the transplant my entire immune system had been tanked) is very important to me. Part of being as healthy as possible is to be proactive in the things I do and not put myself in uncertain situations something that even some family members can’t seem to get their heads around. No I’m not going to be seeing them for a while when I don’t trust the shit they do or won’t do. When I hear people talking stupid shit I do listen at least enough to know they are people I need to stay away from.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Its funny, but i have people in my family who 'eat for their blood type' and cut out gluten and sugar (even though they don't have issues with them), all in the name of being healthy, and yet, they are the ones who are *always* sick with something.
I tend to avoid red meat because it’s just heavy. Once in a while. Chicken, fish ok. Again, try to not overeat. Avoid processed food. Cooking your own food has been a silver lining of the lockdowns. Remember a stomach is about the size of a fist. Not too tough to fill it up. When possible, consume half of or at least less than what you usually would. Remember those basics and you’ll be good.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
it's totally diff with everybody it seems...

that's why we should be skeptical with "scientific advice"

It's not different. This is a new kind of vaccine. It works not by preventing you from getting Covid, but by priming your immune system to react more rapidly (and thus getting to it before it gets to "hospitalization" level). Vaccination and prior infection won't keep you from getting Covid. It will make your odds astronomically better in terms of symptomatic covid or hospitalization. That's why people in high risk jobs and people will still test positive at higher rates and why masking and hand washing are still important (though hand washing is always important, haha).

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
FWIW I have the same cancer that Powell had. I am in remission now but multiple myeloma is not considered curable at this point in time and is always expected to make a return. I am in a post stem cell transplant clinical trial for the next two years….maybe longer. Powell also was 20 years older than myself, had had prostate cancer and had Parkinson’s so there were other extenuating circumstances. That said his death triggered stories on myeloma and one article cited a study that came out in June that the Covid vaccines had only a 45% efficacy for people with my kind of cancer. I’m aware that I am immune deficient and not just for Covid. That said getting that vaccine and revaccinating for pretty much everything else (between the myeloma, the chemo and the transplant my entire immune system had been tanked) is very important to me. Part of being as healthy as possible is to be proactive in the things I do and not put myself in uncertain situations something that even some family members can’t seem to get their heads around. No I’m not going to be seeing them for a while when I don’t trust the shit they do or won’t do. When I hear people talking stupid shit I do listen at least enough to know they are people I need to stay away from.

I'm in a similar situation.

I've got Crohn's Disease, which thankfully hasn't caused me any problems in 20 years, but that's because I take Mercaptopurine, an immunosuppresant.

When you get the vaccine at the pharmacy there is a paper with some not good things in regards to the vaccine. One of the things listed is Mercaptopurine being a problem.

I always try and avoid assholes, but that's no longer just about avoiding them because they're assholes. Now it's a medical issue so I have zero tolerance.

One good thing is that I have been able to eliminate a few friends-of-friends whom I never did like.

Edit: I wrote an article about breaking up with these folks., which pissed them off even more.

Last edited:

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Some people fail to build any antibodies even after 3 shots. Admittedly, this is very rare.

Yup. Anyone who is immune compromised could be in that boat. My mom has MS and the Johnson and Johnson shot basically did nothing.

I think that's the rule, technically, but they're not checking. I have lots of young, healthy friends who got them.

I got a bit of side-eye when I got my booster early (though people tend to think I'm ~10 years younger than I actually am)--high risk jobs folks are in the 2nd phase like before, and a LOT of people are in those high risk jobs.

He had bad tofu

I'd be more impressed if he had good tofu.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
tenor.png

Mika when they told him he tested positive.

Reactions: tlk and LokiDog

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yup. Anyone who is immune compromised could be in that boat. My mom has MS and the Johnson and Johnson shot basically did nothing.
Nothing bad or nothing good? Sorry, just trying to clarify. Like 'nothing' as in there were no bad side effects?

Reactions: smoneil

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Nothing bad or nothing good? Sorry, just trying to clarify. Like 'nothing' as in there were no bad side effects?

No antibodies. It was like she'd never been vaccinated. Not a "common" event, but common enough that they checked her b/c of the MS. She's on the moderate side of conspiracy theorist as well, so the second she got the vaccine, she went directly into "the pandemic is over and I'm going back to normal" mode. She's very lucky she didn't catch covid during that span (mid-60s, MS, not in the greatest of health generally, etc).

Reactions: egelband

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
No antibodies. It was like she'd never been vaccinated. Not a "common" event, but common enough that they checked her b/c of the MS.

Yeah, it's likely due to her MS medication. For those who don't know, MS medication suppresses a hyperactive immune system hence a hampered immune response to the vaccine and no antibodies. There are ways around it, depending on the medication/dosage frequency.

BTW, maybe a mod can close this thread since it's OBE. That way ppl can confine their illogical and ignorant takes to just hockey.

Reactions: frozenrubber

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine

I've got Crohn's Disease, which thankfully hasn't caused me any problems in 20 years, but that's because I take Mercaptopurine, an immunosuppresant.

When you get the vaccine at the pharmacy there is a paper with some not good things in regards to the vaccine. One of the things listed is Mercaptopurine being a problem.

I always try and avoid assholes, but that's no longer just about avoiding them because they're assholes. Now it's a medical issue so I have zero tolerance.

One good thing is that I have been able to eliminate a few friends-of-friends whom I never did like.

Edit: I wrote an article about breaking up with these folks., which pissed them off even more.
If you avoid assholes, why are you an asshole on this board?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Sorry to hear that. Crohn's can be a very cruel disease - I know because my best friend suffered from it. Glad to hear you have effective medication.

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My take, things are happening in Rangerland for a reason. What seems to be mountains that are tough to climb, will make this team that much better when the heat gets turned up. That silver lining that is presenting itself now, really gives ample opportunity to some of the players that we are looking to, to grow. Playing time, should increase and hopefully with that time, comes success. On the flip end maybe Zibby comes back quicker than expected and that would be great as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00