Injury Report: Zibanejad placed on COVID-19 Protocol

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I dont think anyone under 65 in US can get boosters yet unless they have underlying reason.

I had a conversation with someone about this who is definitely under 65. He said 75% of people are eligible. They go by BMI so you could be viewed as overweight even if it's just muscle.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Didn’t say he had Covid. Said he was being held out because of Covid protocols. It could be very temporary and that he just needs to be cleared.

That said the reason for booster shots is because the efficacy of the vaccines weaken with time. Has Mika or his teammates gotten boosters? Might be a good idea.

Also no vaccine is 100%—something that seems lost on all the vaccine skeptics. If a pharmaceutical says that such and such is 98.5% effective it’s conceding that it might not work for 1.5% of those who get that vaccine and it’s not just Covid vaccines—it’s every vaccine from the flu to the measles to polio. As well elderly people or those with immunity issues may not have as effective a response—see Colin Powell.

Some people fail to build any antibodies even after 3 shots. Admmittedly, this is very rare.

My doc has treated me in a way I like.

A month after the first vaccine, he tested me for antibodies. Registered 132. 250 was considered a safe number. Don't know if that's still recognized as accurate.

A couple months later I was tested again and got 146.

A month after the 2nd shot I was tested again and registered 2500+, which was considered the best protection you can have. At least that's what I was told.

I don't know if that's still the belief.

Reactions: eco's bones

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
yEYqGj.gif
Isn’t it “our pets heads are falling off”?

Reactions: bl02 and tlk

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I dont think anyone under 65 in US can get boosters yet unless they have underlying reason.

AFAIK, anyone in New York who was fully vaxxed more than six months ago is now eligible for booster.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
AFAIK, anyone in New York who was fully vaxxed more than six months ago is now eligible for booster.
That wasn't the info that NYC was saying as of last week, there is still criteria: age OR risk of exposure OR underlying

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That wasn't the info that NYC was saying as of last week, there is still criteria: age OR risk of exposure OR underlying
I think that's the rule, technically, but they're not checking. I have lots of young, healthy friends who got them.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I had a conversation with someone about this who is definitely under 65. He said 75% of people are eligible. They go by BMI so you could be viewed as overweight even if it's just muscle.

That's not true. If you got the vaccine 6 months ago or longer you are eligible to get the booster in NYS. My brother is a workout freak and just got his booster last week.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Chytil better move up in the lineup. I’d like to see him with Kreider

all of this moving guys around is part of the problem

I called it like since last yr

LaF - Chytil - Gauth

leave it alone, it works

Kreider - Barron - Kakko
is interesting.
It is not clear they can put the puck in the net, but boy, they can dominate on ice
at least on paper

open tryouts for who works best w/breadman
prob rooney believe it or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad