Injury Report: Zibanejad placed on COVID-19 Protocol

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
As someone who is not even two months out from Covid recovery after being vaccinated and still being told not to resume extended cardio exercise until I've been good for a full two months, it's not really fair to play doctor.

This thing hits everyone different. Everyone's body has different level of antibodies. I have known people fully vaccinated who have gotten it two times.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is asymptomatic Covid with all of those antibodies even contagious? Does he even have enough viable viral load?
Strome (presumably?) had it and nobody else at the time got it, and these guys are tested constantly so we would have known.

It's certainly not as contagious but it's not black and white.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
yEYqGj.gif

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'd rather him sit out. It's possible he has long-haul, which in turn might explain his performance so far.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Didn’t say he had Covid. Said he was being held out because of Covid protocols. It could be very temporary and that he just needs to be cleared.

That said the reason for booster shots is because the efficacy of the vaccines weaken with time. Has Mika or his teammates gotten boosters? Might be a good idea.

Also no vaccine is 100%—something that seems lost on all the vaccine skeptics. If a pharmaceutical says that such and such is 98.5% effective it’s conceding that it might not work for 1.5% of those who get that vaccine and it’s not just Covid vaccines—it’s every vaccine from the flu to the measles to polio. As well elderly people or those with immunity issues may not have as effective a response—see Colin Powell.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
One healthy 30ish woman at my office first got it asymptom. (antibodies found, her child had COVID), then vaxxed, then got it again (some flu symptoms)

Most likely that the 2nd was the Delta variant.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
multiple ppl at my office 95% of whom are vaxxed or/and already had COVID got it again.
some after re-vaxxing too
Yes. Many peoples efficacy from the vaccines are running out and are getting it again but for the most part with far less severe symptoms.

Reactions: egelband

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Didn’t say he had Covid. Said he was being held out because of Covid protocols. It could be very temporary and that he just needs to be cleared.

That said the reason for booster shots is because the efficacy of the vaccines weaken with time. Has Mika or his teammates gotten boosters? Might be a good idea.

Also no vaccine is 100%—something that seems lost on all the vaccine skeptics. If a pharmaceutical says that such and such is 98.5% effective it’s conceding that it might not work for 1.5% of those who get that vaccine and it’s not just Covid vaccines—it’s every vaccine from the flu to the measles to polio. As well elderly people or those with immunity issues may not have as effective a response—see Colin Powell.
I dont think anyone under 65 in US can get boosters yet unless they have underlying reason.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
yep and it's frequently mentioned that they don't always get the seasonal flu shots right wrt to the strain
I've usually had them and then decided I won't bother cos it's approx. 2 days laying plastered for me and guess what.. nothing changed for me (except not wasting those 2 days of my life a year).

at the moment I have a feeling that COVID is becoming just a more dangerous and infectious flu and that's it.

I believe that the flu shot covers multiple strains (perhaps 10?) but it is an educated guess by medical science which ones will hit us hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad