Zibanejad is a beast

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
How about that great 1-2 punch gets the Rangers in the playoffs first. Both guys are as good as they are ever going to get; AP is 28 and MZ soon to be 27. They have maybe a 2 year window. Toews and Kane both won their first cup at age 22 and their 3rd at 27.

2 year window? Lol

Try more a 5-7 year window with Igor to the mix as the starting goalie

Reactions: Leksand

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He’s been as good or better than Panarin for the last month or so. Just a monster. Even when he seems “off” he’s racking up points. He also kills penalties and is great defensively. Only hole in his game is faceoffs right now. Top 10 center in the league this year

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Ziba has been amazing. He's a GREAT guy as well, and should be the Captain. Panarin, Mika, Shesterkin, Fox, Kakko (hopefully), etc. - wow. I am so excited to be a Rangers fan. Signing Panarin was a brilliant move. Changed everything. They believe now.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
2 year window? Lol

Try more a 5-7 year window with Igor to the mix as the starting goalie

Lmao, the Rangers are coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the start of the rebuild and now they have a 1-2 year window? I can't have possibly read that right.

Comments like this are only coming up because the Rangers chose to rebuild when they still had a decent team, much better than any other team that tanked. The Sabres, Oilers, Leafs just were awful and didnt have players like McDonagh, Brassard, Stepan, Nash, Zucc, Hayes, etc. to work with.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
The Sens were going for the Cup.

Brassard was noted for upping his game in the playoffs. If Ottawa wins the Cup that season people might feel differently about the trade.

People give me a hard time whenever I complain about some of the trades the Rangers made (Amonte, Weight and Gartner) in order to build a team that could win the Cup.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Agreed. He was a great player for us. But we also traded for a great player.

But he's progressed so far beyond what he was showing in Ottawa. Even though he was young in Ottawa, he had played a lot of games. The way broadcasters talk about him in terms of leadership and his amazing level of play is not the player that was in Ottawa even though he was very good for us.

It's funny but when the Rangers put out their letter and traded a lot of their leadership guys---that's when Mika really started putting his game together. Before that happened he was pretty much the same player he'd been in Ottawa. There are a couple other things----I think he committed in a deeper way to being the best he could be after that and I also think he started to realize not only his abilities as a player but as a big strong physical force. I look at Chytil and think he could be the same kind of player when he's Mika's age---he's got the same size and strength---is a great skater and really really good with the puck---he's got all similar elements as Mika---he's just got to put it all together. Brassard was more of a finished you know what you're getting---he was also a big time playoff guy. There are legit reasons why Ottawa would want him. He kind of fell off a bit but he's having a pretty good season with our arch-enemies this year.

Reactions: HavlatMach9

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Best part is no one talks about how good he is on the pk and defensively. But I guess many top centers in the league are well rounded like that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers window will be open as long as Shestyorkin is an elite NHL goalie.

Right now, there's a slight window to contend for the Cup in the next few years with Panarin and Zibanejad leading the way as our top skaters. It might close for a year or two after those guys decline from their peak ability, but also remember that we have Kakko and Fox who most would say project as star level players in their prime, if not sooner for Fox.

I was of the opinion that the Rangers are going to need another few years of rebuilding, but it seems clear that Shestyorkin is already capable of dragging the team along to being good. He might get us to the playoffs this year, and next year seems very likely that we make the playoffs.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Imagine if Zib and EK 65 still were back in Ottawa (and EKs career wasn't derailed by injuries). EK65 has never played with an elite centre.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Are you one of those guys who give these boards such a bad reputation? Yeah, I guess you are. Your opinion is simply put ridiculous.
No I am just stating facts. But don't let that get in the way of your thinking.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Pack it up boys and girls. We done here.

Once an NHL players by HFBoards default pass their peak by age 28 they can no longer win the cup.

It is decided
I am sorry you are so sensitive. I am sure Zibanejad will be leading the league in scoring in 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad