Zetterberg not a first-ballot Hall of Famer....

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
But the Sedins (both of them) are?

Even the one that scored 2/3 the goals of Zetterberg?

They just announced an entire class for the HOF with zero cups. I have no problem with Alfredsson, or with their builder nod, but the Sedins, both of them, over Zetterberg...who are they kidding?

Luongo, who lost more games than every single goalie (save one) ever to play the game of hockey, makes it, but Osgood with his 3 cups is still on the outside looking in?

Am I losing my g*ddamned mind? Is it just me? This is outrageous.

Discuss.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC

They just announced an entire class for the HOF with zero cups. I have no problem with Alfredsson, or with their builder nod, but the Sedins, both of them, over Zetterberg...who are they kidding?

Luongo, who lost more games than every single goalie (save one) ever to play the game of hockey, makes it, but Osgood with his 3 cups is still on the outside looking in?

Discuss.
Henrik Zetterberg won a Stanley Cup. Conn Smythe and put up 960 points in 1082 games. We know that if Z had had been healthy he would have hit 1000 points. Z also had 120 points in 137 playoff games. Osgood is so underrated. I wonder if they will treat Pav the same way. I thought Alexander Moligny had better stats than the Sedins.

The Sedin's playoff stats not as good as Z. Henrik Sedin 78 points in 105 games, Daniel Sedin 71 points in 102

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Discuss.

No. Mind not lost. This class is the opposite of realgud. It’s like…realbad.

Sedins are both better than Zetterberg. It's not really arguable. Hank will probably go in with Datsyuk.

The f*** they are.

Zetterberg and Henrik sedin averaged 74 points per 82. Daniel averaged 73. Z did it while battling debilitating injuries that would have retired those Sedin p***yes by game 600.

I’ll take the playoff heroics, conn smythe and being a member of the triple gold while being a captain and a warrior over the lame ass twin storyline.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
As a fan of both the Twins and Zetterberg (fun fact, he was the first hockey player I ever learned about, back in 2002) I had no idea that Z was eligible, and as unique and dominant as the Twins were together, I think Z should have made it (I agree with the Smythe, the Cup and Triple Gold Club [WHC, Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold] his team accolades definitely should have warranted election; the Sedins do have him beat in individual accolades [Hart, Ross for Hank; Ross for Danny; both also had 1 more ASG and All-Star 1st Team selection] but I wouldn't disagree that he had a case for getting in; maybe next year!)

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Discuss.
Luongo had 6 top 5 finishes in All Star award voting at goalie.

Osgood had 1.

To be honest, I don't think Luongo did enough to be a first-ballot HOFer.
But he was clearly a better goalie than Osgood and it's not close.

I also do not believe the Sedins were legit first-ballot HOFers any more than Z was.

Z belongs in the Hall.
So do the Sedins. But the only reason Luongo, the Sedins and Alfredsson are in the Hall is that they played so much of their careers in Canada.

It boggles the mind that guys like Brind-Amour and Roenick aren't in the Hall.

Player - Belongs in Hall (out of 100)
Zetterberg - 90
Rick Nash - 50
Keith Tkachuk - 100
Alex Mogilny - 70
Rod Brindamour - 66
Jeremy Roenick - 90
Patrick Elias - 90
Theo Fleury - 95

I don't know what the hold up is on some of these guys.
But if Tkachuk isn't in, how does Z get in? Same with Fleury or Roenick or Elias.

Last edited:

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Sedins are both better than Zetterberg. It's not really arguable. Hank will probably go in with Datsyuk.
What ? This is an injustice to the game.

Sedin twins are not even in the same class of player as Zetterberg.

This is hilarious they got in before Zetterberg.
Every single thing Zetterberg did on the ice embodied winning hockey.

The Sedins, while incredible talents, were such incomplete hockey players.

Last edited:

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Red Wings superstar forwards from like 1995 to when Zetterberg and Datsyuk got old never were in the prime situation to get the big scoring numbers and awards, rather the opposite where their numbers (and the awards that go with them) are probably suppressed given their talent level. Now at the time while it was happening, this situation was recognized more, but as time goes on, people mostly remember the stats and awards and whatever. That isn't going to bode well for someone like Zetterberg. At least Datsyuk has so many beautiful highlights which we can watch later on, we need some more good Zetterberg highlight videos

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I'm fine with it, come on. They both hit the 1000 game 1000 point mark, each collecting an art ross, twin brothers drafted by the same team that played like they had a telepathic connection. It doesn't get much more uniquely legendary than that. Also Luongo is an incredible goalie he was just on crap teams. Same with Sedins. Not their fault management could not build a team around them. A lot like Sundin who has no hardware at all but was one of the best and a first ballot.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm fine with it, come on. They both hit the 1000 game 1000 point mark, each collecting an art ross, twin brothers drafted by the same team that played like they had a telepathic connection. It doesn't get much more uniquely legendary than that. Also Luongo is an incredible goalie he was just on crap teams. Same with Sedins. Not their fault management could not build a team around them. A lot like Sundin who has no hardware at all but was one of the best and a first ballot.

The Vancouver canucks were a powerhouse from 2009 to about 2013.

Do you know what failed them in the postseason those years? Not the depth guys. The Sedins were soft and not good defensively. Luongo was very good but in as much as Cujo was. These guys weren’t clutch.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010

Do you know what failed them in the postseason those years? Not the depth guys. The Sedins were soft and not good defensively. Luongo was very good but in as much as Cujo was. These guys weren’t clutch.
I can't argue but they did go to a game 7. It's not like they completely choked. They didn't have the management that could put the roster over the top. Didn't one of them win a hart also. I had forgotten about that. Man Boston was so stacked.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

They didn't have much toughness on those teams.
They had a solid defense - but they really lacked a true difference-maker on their blueline.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
They didn't have much toughness on those teams.
They had a solid defense - but they really lacked a true difference-maker on their blueline.

Mental toughness and intestinal fortitude was the problem. They had a 3-2 series lead in the finals.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know if this played a role, but...

Are you actually going to induct Z and then one of the Sedins? Leave the other one hanging? You obviously have to induct them as a unit.

Reactions: Retire91

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

You sure about them being better? Z beats both of them in defence by a large margin and this was their regular season ppg:

1) Henrik Zetterberg .887
2) Henrik Sedin .805
3) Daniel Sedin .797

Going by the numbers he was better at offence and defence than either of them, won a Cup and an MVP in the playoffs.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No. Mind not lost. This class is the opposite of realgud. It’s like…realbad.

The f*** they are.

Zetterberg and Henrik sedin averaged 74 points per 82. Daniel averaged 73. Z did it while battling debilitating injuries that would have retired those Sedin p***yes by game 600.

I’ll take the playoff heroics, conn smythe and being a member of the triple gold while being a captain and a warrior over the lame ass twin storyline.
It's not just about PPG. The Sedins have meant a ton to the city of Vancouver, just like Alfie to Ottawa. That's not to say Hank hasn't been important to Detroit, but there are more factors to consider. Besides I think it would be really poetic if Hank and Pav are inducted the same year.

Reactions: Retire91

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
In which universe? Top 2-way forward with Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup and 130 pts in the playoffs. We are not comparing him to Crosby here, its Sedins after all.

By these standards, Bergeron is not HoF as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad