Zegras vs Caufield vs Boldy

Who you take

• Total voters

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bokdys top end I think is potentially the highest. His elite skill with the puck in and around the net for a player his size while displaying hockey sense to play with high end players is quite the package.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zegras and Boldy both have immense skill, can score or set up, and both can drive the play on their line. They’re both significantly better defensively and away from the puck. Caufield can shoot well. You can’t be an effective player in the NHL if the only thing you can do is shoot.

Zegras and Boldy are much better prospects at this point. They’re simply a step up from Caufield when it comes to being an NHL prospect.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
HF: checks draft slots --> Zegras > Boldy > Caufield

Not that they are wrong but personally only Caufield has one elite skill set, goalscoring, or rather his out of this world shot. His only weakness is his lack of size. He can also be a bit faster but its not a flaw. Personally, I would go with the goalscorer over the others.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
HF: checks draft slots --> Zegras > Boldy > Caufield

Not that they are wrong but personally only Caufield has one elite skill set, goalscoring, or rather his out of this world shot. His only weakness is his lack of size. He can also be a bit faster but its not a flaw. Personally, I would go with the goalscorer over the others.

You think his only weakness is size?

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Please enlighten me

His only strength is his shot. His defensive game is bad, he’s not great at driving play, he’s not great at passing, his skating is fine, but he’s subpar at most other aspects of the game at this point. He gets into open space, and the elite playmakers he played with get him the puck. He’s very much a one dimensional winger in the same vein as Laine. Remains to be seen if he can even be half as good at scoring in the NHL as Laine, though. Certainly not the same quality of prospect as Laine was at this point. And Laine has struggled immensely to grow his game.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His only strength is his shot. His defensive game is bad, he’s not great at driving play, he’s not great at passing, his skating is fine, but he’s subpar at most other aspects of the game at this point. He gets into open space, and the elite playmakers he played with get him the puck. He’s very much a one dimensional winger in the same vein as Laine. Remains to be seen if he can even be half as good at scoring in the NHL as Laine, though. Certainly not the same quality of prospect as Laine was at this point. And Laine has struggled immensely to grow his game.

LOL

Couldn't BE more far from the truth buddy

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
His defensive game is fine. It's like all other young forwards - under construction. Nitpicking attempt identified.
His passing is very good. Maybe not great buts he's a goalscorer. He can shoot and has a huge IQ level.
He is not subpar at most other aspects of the game. No one ever said that before he got drafted, He's one of the smartest players of the draft.
He compares in no way shape or form to Laine. Laine is a big goalscorer who relies purely on his shot to contribute. He doesn't skate at all, and doesn't bother forechecking. Caufield does both with consistency.Poor attempt at comparing the two. In fact/ Caufield is always in movement, whereas Laine is always stationary.

I think you should watch him play more before spitting out BS. Subpar at everything other than his shot?? LMAO!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
LOL

Couldn't BE more far from the truth buddy
His defensive game is fine. It's like all other young forwards - under construction. Nitpicking attempt identified.
His passing is very good. Maybe not great buts he's a goalscorer. He can shoot and has a huge IQ level.
He is not subpar at most other aspects of the game. No one ever said that before he got drafted, He's one of the smartest players of the draft.
He compares in no way shape or form to Laine. Laine is a big goalscorer who relies purely on his shot to contribute. He doesn't skate at all, and doesn't bother forechecking. Caufield does both with consistency.Poor attempt at comparing the two. In fact/ Caufield is always in movement, whereas Laine is always stationary.

I think you should watch him play more before spitting out BS. Subpar at everything other than his shot?? LMAO!

I have watched him play. Didn't like what I saw. And there's a reason he fell, and it isn't entirely his size. Do you really think if this guy was as supremely talented as you think he is he would have dropped to 15? After watching guys like Point, Gaudreau and DeBrincat have a high level of success this season?

He's has more weaknesses in his game than both Zegras and Boldy.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I have watched him play. Didn't like what I saw. And there's a reason he fell, and it isn't entirely his size. Do you really think if this guy was as supremely talented as you think he is he would have dropped to 15? After watching guys like Point, Gaudreau and DeBrincat have a high level of success this season?

He's has more weaknesses in his game than both Zegras and Boldy.
Players will always fall due to size concerns. That will remain true as we move on forward, esp for 5'7 forwards irregardless of past success stories. One thing that has become apparent in the world of hockey is that GMs barely learn, if at all, from past mistakes. For example, they will continue to throw in big money at UFAs, overpay for established forwards, and etc. The draft if no different. Caufield is an elite prospect who will thrive in MTL. He's got no concerns other than size to me.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I still remember what lots of people said about Alex DeBrincat,
he can't do this, he sucks at that, his shot is his only weapon, mediocre skater, McDavid....Strome....
blah, blah, blah-blah....blah.

Alex scored 28 goals, 52 points with 3rd, 4th line minutes in his rookie season while playing with nobodies
Alex scored 41 goals and almost 80 points in his sophomore season with less than 3 minutes avg more ice time per game,
which still was over 5 minutes avg ice time less what Patrick Kane had per game. He got fewest of minutes per game
of all 40 and 50 goal scorers

Oh yeah, he is only 21 and faaaaaaaar away from his ceiling, he gets only better/stronger each each.

I firmly think Cole Caufield is a future 50 goal scorer (at least) and will score tons of points in his career.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I still remember what lots of people said about Alex DeBrincat,
he can't do this, he sucks at that, his shot is his only weapon, mediocre skater, McDavid....Strome....
blah, blah, blah-blah....blah.

Alex scored 28 goals, 52 points with 3rd, 4th line minutes in his rookie season while playing with nobodies
Alex scored 41 goals and almost 80 points in his sophomore season with less than 3 minutes avg more ice time per game,
which still was over 5 minutes avg ice time less what Patrick Kane had per game. He got fewest of minutes per game
of all 40 and 50 goal scorers

Oh yeah, he is only 21 and faaaaaaaar away from his ceiling, he gets only better/stronger each each.

I firmly think Cole Caufield is a future 50 goal scorer (at least) and will score tons of points in his career.

:laugh: Okay

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Caufield is the best player but at the NHL level I think Zegras is safest. I love all 3 of them.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Before the draft I had Caufield-Boldy-Zegras (very very close), so not going to change anything yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad