Zegras vs Caufield vs Boldy

Who you take

• Total voters

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Zegras doesnt have one trait that beats Boldy. This is a draft position poll.

I mean, they were just drafted, when teams were deciding which one they ranked the highest. What has changed since then?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean, they were just drafted, when teams were deciding which one they ranked the highest. What has changed since then?
Remember when Boston picked 13 14 and 15? Do you know who went 16th?

Remember who went 5th overall in 2017? Remember when Juolevi went ahead of Keller and Tkachuk? Yeah, everyone knew those were bad.

Holy appeal to autorithy though.

And even so, Caufield was drafted after.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I clearly said that I understand your point, but Etem is an awful example. Yakupov makes a lot more sense.

ETEM also didn't shatter the goalscoring record in his draft year. He scored 61 goals in his D+2 season. So don't even put Etem as the same sentence as Caufield because it's laughable.
It's only awful if you want to emotionally invest in the semantics of Caufield being considered in the same stratum as Etem. That isn't what I was saying. I just went with the D2 goal total because it was still incredibly high and it was a sign of improvement with a guy that eventually amounted to nothing. The specific player is almost totally irrelevant to the point. Another I can use is Justin Azevedo. 124 points in his draft year. Would it make sense for someone back in 2008 to go around and say he's a top prospect cause 124 points? No, cause he went 153rd overall because scouts knew his game wouldn't translate, posters here knew that too, and unsurprisingly he never made it past the AHL. Again, I'm not expecting that will happen to Cole, but as you've said you understand, one solitary stat is not enough to make a compelling argument that one guy should be regarded higher than guys who were drafted before him. I brought up Etem because when I was younger I kept banking on his goal totals, especially the 63 goal season as hope that he would be a strong goal scoring talent in the NHL. It was through Etem that I learned the lesson I'm currently preaching. I wasn't trying to make a credible comparison, just to make a general point.

In his Draft +2 season. Not exactly the same thing.
See what I just posted above.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Remember when Boston picked 13 14 and 15? Do you know who went 16th?

Remember who went 5th overall in 2017? Remember when Juolevi went ahead of Keller and Tkachuk? Yeah, everyone knew those were bad.

Holy appeal to autorithy though.

And even so, Caufield was drafted after.

And yet, you're the one who said it was a draft position poll. I don't feel foolish. Do you? You should, since you brought it up.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yes, because people are voting on draft hype and thats it, or in your case, homer voting.

It's interesting that you can read everyone's mind and know exactly why they voted. Have you tried putting those skills to use?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Okay, then why did you vote for Zegras when compared to the other two?

Because I know more about him. That isn't a homer vote. I simply know more about him as a prospect and feel more comfortable picking him. If there was an option for "not sure" or something equivalent, I would have picked that. I can be honest about my opinion, and I have no issue at all saying I don't have enough information.

You know, like you saying why everyone voted the way they did. Despite your claims otherwise, you don't have enough information. It's unfortunate you had to dismiss every vote you didn't agree with, simply because you don't agree with the results.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Because I know more about him. That isn't a homer vote. I simply know more about him as a prospect and feel more comfortable picking him. If there was an option for "not sure" or something equivalent, I would have picked that. I can be honest about my opinion, and I have no issue at all saying I don't have enough information.

You know, like you saying why everyone voted the way they did. Despite your claims otherwise, you don't have enough information. It's unfortunate you had to dismiss every vote you didn't agree with, simply because you don't agree with the results.
So you know more about Zegras? ... out of two other players who played on the same team for the past 24 months??? Like, even on the same line, at times.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So you know more about Zegras? ... out of two other players who played on the same team for the past 24 months??? Like, even on the same line, at times.

Yes, that's right. I have two eyes, and when I focus on something it's just one thing at a time. I was more interested in Zegras. He was the one I saw more of, and focused on.

This really isn't a difficult concept. When I watch the Penguins, I watch Crosby or Malkin. Edmonton? McDavid. Watching those teams, do I feel like I know more about them? Yes. Does that mean I know just as much about their linemates? The answer is no. No, I don't, and I won't pretend to.

So, while you pat yourself on the back for being clever and finding me out, maybe you should stop and realize why what I'm saying actually makes sense. When I watch a player, I watch the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad