Zegras or Boldy

• Zegras

Votes: 79 40.1%
  • Boldy

Votes: 118 59.9%

• Total voters

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
But i think his upside is still higher. Boldy may always be the more well-liked player though, because what he does is so inoffensive and standard. Zegras is one of the poster-boys for the "new NHL".

Boldy is the more well-rounded player of the two. He has the combination of goal-scoring ability, offensive creativity and physical play. Zegras may have a higher upside in terms of playmaking, but in terms of overall play, I think Boldy has the higher upside.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Boldy is the more well-rounded player of the two. He has the combination of goal-scoring ability, offensive creativity and physical play. Zegras may have a higher upside in terms of playmaking, but in terms of overall play, I think Boldy has the higher upside.

Depends on what you're after i guess. If it's a #1C you're after...Zegras is really the only one of the two with that sort of upside. But in terms of just being an all around contributor...you might be right about Boldy. A lot of it is just on Zegras and how he continues to develop...or not. Boldy has a pretty clear trajectory. Zegras still has a pretty wide shotgun spread of results, depending on how seriously he takes his development.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Depends on what you're after i guess. If it's a #1C you're after...Zegras is really the only one of the two with that sort of upside. But in terms of just being an all around contributor...you might be right about Boldy. A lot of it is just on Zegras and how he continues to develop...or not. Boldy has a pretty clear trajectory. Zegras still has a pretty wide shotgun spread of results, depending on how seriously he takes his development.

Sure. Because Zegras is a center, he does have that positional premium in his favor. Boldy's trajectory is that of 35 goals 45 assists / season type of player and it could go higher than that. Only time will tell if Zegras will be able to better that.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Sure. Because Zegras is a center, he does have that positional premium in his favor. Boldy's trajectory is that of 35 goals 45 assists / season type of player and it could go higher than that. Only time will tell if Zegras will be able to better that.

Yeah. The positional premium and the more natural goal-scoring element are factors there. I don't see Zegras ever hitting 35G in a season. But he does have that ~20-30G - 70A+ sort of potential. If he gets better support from his surrounding cast in Anaheim and invests in rounding out his two-way game. He's got the creativity and all the tools to do that. As one of the premiere playmakers in the league.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I feel like the list of players who had great offensive ability but had a vague need to "mature" their game is a long one.... and sad one looking back.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like the list of players who had great offensive ability but had a vague need to "mature" their game is a long one.... and sad one looking back.
The plus side is even with his flaws in maturity/ need to grow up, he still put up back to back 60 point seasons with minimal team stats in his favor or help around him on the roster.

I think boldy becomes a stone type player30-40 goals consistently, and prob adds 35-45 assist comfortably.

It really depends on how much room you think zegras has to improve offensively, with better players around him and a better coaches team I think he can push 85-95 range comfortably. Still needs to learn how to control his emotions too, we had similar growing pains with Getzlaf perry and Bobby Ryan at times in the past

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
it would be cool to see what kaprizov and boldy could do with a legit 1c. too bad about all that dead cap.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Zegras had 48 ES points to Boldy's 37.

Boldy spent almost a minute more per game, over 80 minutes more on the PP, a PP that was middle of the pack compared to Anaheim's 31st-ranked PP.

For those talking of defensive superiority, Zegras ranks 2nd in most possession stats on Anaheim barely behind Troy Terry. His CF% was 51.8% when he was playing with Rico and Terry and his SF% was 49.6 with them.

Zegras is no stalwart defensively but he's made big strides and his effort level is definitely there. He really needs to improve on his faceoffs and his work along the boards but he's pretty good at stripping pucks/being generally disruptive in the neutral and offensive zones

If the scripts were flipped and Boldy put up those kinds of stats on the league's worst team and Zegras put up Boldy's stats on Minnesota, I'm sure Boldy would have an overwhelming lead in this poll.

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad