• Zegras

Votes: 79 40.1%
  • Boldy

Votes: 118 59.9%

• Total voters

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Who is the better player? I feel like Zegras had all the hype coming out of College, but their numbers are close and Boldy’s the better scorer. Who you got?

Zegras: 79gp, 22g, 40a (62 points)
Boldy: 80gp, 31g, 32a (63 points)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Zegras. And not just because he's "flashier". I think he genuinely has the higher "upside" offensively. Boldy is a lot better than i expected he'd be though. I saw him as more of a complementary Top-6 Winger coming out of the draft, but he's shown as a Pro that he has a lot more offensive creativity than i thought. His offensive smarts really masqueraded as a "complementary" skillset with the NTDP, when there was actually a lot more to it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Who is the better player? I feel like Zegras had all the hype coming out of College, but their numbers are close and Boldy’s the better scorer. Who you got?

Zegras: 79gp, 22g, 40a (62 points)
Boldy: 80gp, 31g, 32a (63 points)
Zegras has always been more of a playmaker so I don't see how Boldy being the better goal scorer is relevant.

Anyway, I think if Anaheim wasn't so atrocious in all three zones, Zegras could easily have 10-15 more points this year so I'd still take him.

No knock on Boldy though. He's a player any team would want.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Zegras has always been more of a playmaker so I don't see how Boldy being the better goal scorer is relevant.

Anyway, I think if Anaheim wasn't so atrocious in all three zones, Zegras could easily have 10-15 more points this year so I'd still take him.

No knock on Boldy though. He's a player any team would want.
It’s just relevant in that I value goals more than assists.

No doubt Anaheim is an entirely different situation, but not one that I would considered to be a far worse situation for production. Minnesota is a much stingier team that won’t cheat for offense. Anaheim is 31st in goals per game, but Minnesota is 24th; it’s not like they’re lighting the world on fire.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I see Zegras is getting the Pettersson treatment.

Zegras > Boldy

Zegras has much more potential to become a 90 point player than Boldy. Zegras also plays on a shitty Anaheim team. With better supporting players, this poll would be a wash.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I’m honestly shocked Boldy is winning. I love Boldy and would give a lot to have him on the Ducks, but they have the same production and Boldy is in a better situation in every way.

Better team
Better PP (Zegras only has 16 points on the PP)
Doesn’t face top pairings
The Ducks spend 65% of the game in their own end.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I see Zegras is getting the Pettersson treatment.

Zegras > Boldy

Zegras has much more potential to become a 90 point player than Boldy. Zegras also plays on a shitty Anaheim team. With better supporting players, this poll would be a wash.
What do you see about Boldy that makes you think he isn’t going to be a 90 point player?

Reactions: Royal Thunder

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s just relevant in that I value goals more than assists.

No doubt Anaheim is an entirely different situation, but not one that I would considered to be a far worse situation for production. Minnesota is a much stingier team that won’t cheat for offense. Anaheim is 31st in goals per game, but Minnesota is 24th; it’s not like they’re lighting the world on fire.
No but Anaheim's in a situation where their puck possession is overwhelmingly worse than Minnesota's and they spend much more time struggling to defend in their own zone. I'd have to pull up advanced metrics to verify but the eye test shows Zegras isn't getting as many opportunities to thrive as an offensive threat as he could on a better team with an actual coach.

I don't think the difference is huge or anything but I'd personally take Zegras. I can't really put bias aside in that determination but there's a good reason for it. While others beat this stupid drum that he's nothing but flash over substance, I see that he's still got raw offensive potential that isn't being fostered under the Eakins system. I'll give credit to Boldy that he plays a better all around game, but if I'm rebuilding a team I'd personally go with Z.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I’m honestly shocked Boldy is winning. I love Boldy and would give a lot to have him on the Ducks, but they have the same production and Boldy is in a better situation in every way.

Better team
Better PP (Zegras only has 16 points on the PP)
Doesn’t face top pairings
The Ducks spend 65% of the game in their own end.
The best run he has had all season was with Kaprisov gone, thus playing against top pairings.

Reactions: lordtrillson

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Its very close because Zegras plays center.....but I went with Boldy because I look at him as the next coming of Mikko Rantanen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad