Zegras - Unimpressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
another old and tired trope. "you respond too much on a message board" i'd have nobody to respond to if you didn't keep responding to me so not sure how i'm the only one with this "bad habit".

i'm not the only one who saw what happened and perceived it the way i did. It may have been a little poke but the timing of the game and events that had happened prior made it an extremely dumb thing to do. If Zegras stays on his feet instead of acting like he'd been shot perhaps it ends differently. Zegras didn't have a teammate to readily hide behind once he felt contact so naturally he went into the fetal position on the ground i get it.
I'm not talking about you continuing to respond. I'm talking about the lengths you're going to blame Zegras for the consequences Terry received for his actions. And the generally unfettered seethe Zegras seems to cause you. And again. Players poke at covered pucks all the time. Whether it's minute 1 or minute 60. If Beagle didn't respond with a crosscheck to the back and Terry didn't jump Beagle, we wouldn't even be taking about it right now. But I guess when you're drowning in negativity bias it's easy to ignore the factors of the choices and actions of others as long as it suits your stretched narrative right?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
When hasn't he not pouted? When he's been scored on or gets called for a bad penalty, I've literally seen him drag his stick to the box or the bench and sit there like a child. There's ZERO leadership on the Ducks to get him or any of the other kids in line. The Ducks really miss Getzlaf in the room.

Some reading comprehension would be great. The statement was clearly referring to a lack of him pouting about being benched. The post also 100% acknowledges immaturity in his game that no one is denying. Try harder lol.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Zegras came to my house and he kicked my dog. When I had a flat tire he just screamed “get good nerd” before driving into a puddle, splashing water on me and my nan. She was just trying to change a tire. Zegras didn’t have to do that.
Could be worse, imagine if Letang had drove past your nan in that flat tire situation, with his long dark hair and his dreamy eyes while smelling so nice. You wouldn’t had seen her ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If I had to compare Zegras to an Oiler it would probably be Sam Gagne.
The guy who has never once had a season more productive than Zegras' rookie year? Even his best season with 50 points falls well short of Zegras' 61. Not really sure where the comparison comes from unless it's a purely stylistic comparison which, in that case, I'd wholly disagree.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The guy who has never once had a season more productive than Zegras' rookie year? Even his best season with 50 points falls well short of Zegras' 61. Not really sure where the comparison comes from unless it's a purely stylistic comparison which, in that case, I'd wholly disagree.
Agreed. He's better than Gagner but also a flashy Eberle that can't take the heat of the NHL. I had so much hope for the both of them

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Meh

Getting a little dizzy watching Pulock there

11D59ECF-09CA-4349-87C8-DB0FCC11D734.gif

Zegras haters right now

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Zegras came to my house and he kicked my dog. When I had a flat tire he just screamed “get good nerd” before driving into a puddle, splashing water on me and my nan. She was just trying to change a tire. Zegras didn’t have to do that.
That was lucky. I didn't even have a flat tire when Zegras drove by, stopped his car, walked to mine, then started stabbing my tires. Then he said "Ima circle back in 10 mins and I better not see you trying to change them motherf***er".

Yeah, unimpressive.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The thing about that play is that he didn't have to make it flashy to make the play, but it was his way of doing it. But that's not a criticism - it's fun, and dude was never in danger of not making that sweet pass.

I think zegras is as comfortable doing the flashy plays as he is doing the traditional plays…. If you’re comfortable making that play, why not…. He put pullock in a blender.

When the play is that smooth it’s almost unstoppable for a defender.

I don’t think these plays are him trying to be on sport center, I thjnk he just sees it as the highest chance of success with his skill set.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The reason for the Zegras ugliness :

During his first couple years, every time Zegras scratched his butt on the ice, we'd get posters putting clips on HF bragging about how great his butt scratching was. If you're going to do that, where everything he does is the 2nd coming of 99, there will be a backlash.

Less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad