Zegras-McTavish

Oct 18, 2011
No ducks fans are even saying anything like this and all of them are completely different style players

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
First of all, this thread is nuts. Let's see if they can even be the next Getzlaf/Perry first. (Yes, I know that's a C/W combo but in terms of level).

Secondly, I have to admit, Zegras/McTavish/Zellweger/Drysdale/Mintyukov/Gibson is a sick core to build around.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
ZEGRAS-MCTAVISH

The next

CROSBY-MALKIN

?

SKILL/FINESSE - SKILL/FORCE
No chance. Let's see then become effective top 6 NHL players or even ppg players before anointing them HoFers. Anaheim has done and will continue to do an amazing job on their rebuild.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Crosby + Malkin is too much of a stretch and doesn't make for a good comparable to either young player.

If the two can become something like a poor man's Datsyuk (Zegras) and somewhere close to a ROR/Benn/Tkachuk (McTavish), I think the Ducks are in good hands.

This is what I picture too.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I like OP's enthusiasm, hopping on the hype train.

ducks.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dumb comparison but definitely an exciting duo. I was lukewarm about the pick on draft day but since then McTavish has done nothing but make me increasingly excited for his NHL career.

Anaheim is slowly putting the pieces together to make a strong return to form. My only thing is, and I used to clown on fanbases that would be excited to finish in lottery position, but this is such a good upcoming draft, it would be a shame if the kids were too good and ended up just outside a playoff spot with this upcoming draft class. Martin Madden has proven he can pick a star anywhere in the first round, but a chance at one of the top talents this year would be huge for Anaheim's rebuild.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
The post was impressive, but the fact that the account was made just to make this one post is more impressive

Reactions: bsu

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Zegras is on his way to superstardom, McTavish could be even better and Drysdale is unsung by compare.

But Zellweger might get 9, and Mintyukov is at least a year away from maybe getting his 9, neither are close to being impact players over a full season.

They were just sellers at the deadline. I kind of think they got Klingberg for a year as an additional layer of insulation for Zellweger and to an extent Drysdale.

Ducks will be better but I still don’t see them being good, they should stay the course for another year or maybe two and rely on growth.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras is on his way to superstardom, McTavish could be even better and Drysdale is unsung by compare.

But Zellweger might get 9, and Mintyukov is at least a year away from maybe getting his 9, neither are close to being impact players over a full season.

They were just sellers at the deadline. I kind of think they got Klingberg for a year as an additional layer of insulation for Zellweger and to an extent Drysdale.

Ducks will be better but I still don’t see them being good, they should stay the course for another year or maybe two and rely on growth.
Yep

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
In 2006-07, Crosby was 19, Malkin was 20. Zegras was 20 for most of last season

2007 Crosby - 79GP, 36G, 120PTS
2007 Malkin - 76GP, 33G, 85PTS
2022 Zegras - 75GP, 23G, 61PTS

Soooo no. Not quite. Some perspective: Zegras as a rookie put up basically the same numbers as William Nylander did as a rookie but in a much higher scoring league. Nobody loves Nylander as much as I do, but he's also not Sid or Malkin lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad