Zegras gets an illegal stick penalty for stealing an opponent’s stick

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Ah yes, toxically masculine when I'm indirectly defending the guy known for pulling Michigans and alley oop passes in the NHL (which I have no problem with). Toxically masculine would've been suggesting Zegras relive the Beagle situation over again, which was also bullshit from the Coyotes. Kiviranta got the better outcome of the situation with the penalty drawn, good on him, but you shouldn't be letting someone take your stick from you.
Zegras being the one doing michigans is beyond the point.

The fact that someone tries to steal your stick is so uncommon that I'm sure the one being stolen from is so baffled by the absurdity of a beer league thing happening in the NHL that he just lets it happen.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It was dumb, but a harmless penalty. There's literally no chance if injury, which you can't say about most other penalties. It's better he does this type of stuff when the team is bad and use it as teaching moments so he out grows it by the time they're good. Dumb penalties don't hurt a bottom 3 team.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Zegras being the one doing michigans is beyond the point.

The fact that someone tries to steal your stick is so uncommon that I'm sure the one being stolen from is so baffled by the absurdity of a beer league thing happening in the NHL that he just lets it happen.
The absurdity of it is for sure a good point. :laugh: I’d almost expect it to happen in some of the beer leagues I’ve been in haha.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Peter Stastny likely feels slightly vindicated. I can't find the video at the moment, but it reminds me of the time his stick got stolen and he went into the opponents bench to try and retrieve it. He got a penalty for his efforts lol.

It was Brian Benning that stole it! You can see it at the 16 minute mark in this

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's one thing to take another guy's stick that's loosely gripping it or took yours so you score with his - but to rip a stick out of a guy's hands like that :laugh: ridiculous, should've been a major.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The interview is pretty funny. I admit, his fun personality is quite refreshing. Just hope he continues to improve as he matures.
I mean yeah. For the most part Trevor has the demeanor and attitude of a kid in a candy store...or playing Call of Duty. but being able to admit his faults and poke fun at himself with the same breath is a solid quality that many don't have.

Reactions: snowave

Nuusku

Jun 18, 2013
Helsinki, Finland
That's an issue I'm currently dealing with my toddler. I think he's starting to get it. Not sure if it's too late for Trevor though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad