Zegras & Drysdale or Stützle & Sanderson?

Which pair of prospects?

• Total voters

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
my angle is that slight 180lb guys like drys and zeg are much more apt in the long run to take on career affecting damage than bigger bodied guys like stutz n sandy . that factor plays into me weighing their worth . for now drys n zegs are thriving vs teenagers , but whats going to happen long term in nhl where theyll be hunted by the big boys ? 220lbs hits 180lbs the 180 guy is going to be hammered into boards , that takes its toll long term . because of that factor i take sandy n stutz

you have a valid point but right now zegras and drysdale are thriving in the AHL so its not like theyre going up against lineups of only teenagers

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Luckily he's got the MVP of the tournament from the gold medal team to mentor him :naughty:

Ya I was just messing around. I saw nothing that seperated those two Dmen from each other tho so I am not sure where these tiers I see posted come from

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ya I was just messing around. I saw nothing that seperated those two Dmen from each other tho so I am not sure where these tiers I see posted come from

I know, me too. It's WAY too early to tell with all these kids, though. They're all playing at different levels in different environments, it'll probably be a few years until we know how good they'll be. Hopefully we'll see a rematch of the 07 finals with these kids kids going head-to-head some day.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'll take the Ducks pair by a hair because I'm biased and watched every single game Drysdale/Zegras have played in the last year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zegras/Drysdale
Raymond/Seider
Stuetzle/Sanderson

To me this comes down to the first two. Ottawa duo isn’t close because Sanderson lags far behind the other five. Stuetzle might even be the best of the five. I’d probably have Drysdale 1 and Stuetzle 2, but it’s close enough. As far as where Detroit stands here, I think they come close to the Anaheim duo, but may be a year or two behind because I think Raymond is a few years away from being really good.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sanderson is getting really underrated by some, probably cause they really have no idea what they're talking about.

One of the youngest in the draft, already top 2-3 in defensive ability among all defensive prospects(probably only second to Seider) and he just played most minutes to shutdown one of the most potent Canadian offenses. He's also the best skater of anyone listed above maybe 2nd to Stutzle.

Sanderson has 6 points last 7 games +10 in college, and this is with him playing 2nd PP and just finding his game. What's funny is(as poster above says) Raymond is few years behind from becoming very good but Sanderson lags behind :laugh:

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Way too early to tell, so just going with the homer vote but this poll will not tell much.

Great prospects all around. Seider is not mentioned enough in this thread.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Zegras/Drysdale
Raymond/Seider
Stuetzle/Sanderson

To me this comes down to the first two. Ottawa duo isn’t close because Sanderson lags far behind the other five. Stuetzle might even be the best of the five. I’d probably have Drysdale 1 and Stuetzle 2, but it’s close enough. As far as where Detroit stands here, I think they come close to the Anaheim duo, but may be a year or two behind because I think Raymond is a few years away from being really good.
Lmao. This is a real hot take. Drysdale as #1 between all players listed at this point? Congrats for getting me to post.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale could very well being the best player out of the group, hardly a "hot take" at all. Almost every player listed could end up being the best player, they are all great prospects. I have Zegras and Stutzle a little above him though personally, but Drysdale has done nothing but impress me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sanderson is getting really underrated by some, probably cause they really have no idea what they're talking about.

One of the youngest in the draft, already top 2-3 in defensive ability among all defensive prospects(probably only second to Seider) and he just played most minutes to shutdown one of the most potent Canadian offenses. He's also the best skater of anyone listed above maybe 2nd to Stutzle.

Sanderson has 6 points last 7 games +10 in college, and this is with him playing 2nd PP and just finding his game. What's funny is(as poster above says) Raymond is few years behind from becoming very good but Sanderson lags behind :laugh:

If you want to believe that, go ahead. It doesn't bother me. You are the one bothered.

I guess we'll all see what he becomes in the NHL. Nothing I've seen in Sanderson's game since being drafted makes me believe he has the puck game to be a top pairing defensemen, and I don't believe he's a lock to be one of the best shutdown defensemen in the NHL. It seems like those who wanted to elevate his draft status and those who justify those who elevated his draft status start with this idea that Sanderson is a lock to be one of the best shutdown defensemen in the NHL. I simply don't subscribe to that idea that someone is a lock for that role.

A year ago most people on this website regarded Sanderson as a late first round pick. My opinion was pretty consistent throughout, and I was a fan of him. His draft stock drastically elevates when no games are played, and we hear about his improved offensive potential when games aren't being played that supposedly we are supposed to believe without discussing his skillset. If we discussed his skillset, we'd find holes in the theory. Now you start reciting what you were told to believe about Sanderson.

As to Raymond, you completely took my comment out of context. Raymond is a player who I believed had the potential to be the best player in the 2020 draft. It's not very hard to look at his skillset and see a Panarin, Kane, Marner type of ceiling to his game where he's contending for the Hart trophy. This season he's merely been very good, not great. But he does have the potential to be great, and I like what I've seen. The difference between Sanderson and Raymond in this apparent inconsistency you are trying to find is that I don't see Sanderson's potential anywhere near the same region as Raymond. I never said Sanderson was a finished product. I didn't say that about any player listed, but I do believe of the six that Raymond has the most untapped potential in his game.

Reactions: Dominance

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
wait im confused
What exactly has Drysdale done to move past Sanderson when they were just drafted and Sanderson went higher

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
wait im confused
What exactly has Drysdale done to move past Sanderson when they were just drafted and Sanderson went higher

Been the best player on the best team in the AHL at 18, following up his WJC performance.
Seriously. He has been that good in the AHL that some Ducks fans would put him ahead of Zegras.
Short sample size, but it has been really impressive.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
wait im confused

Lead the AHL in scoring as a defensemen, impress at WJC and be one of the best players in the entire tournament.

Was your remark sarcastic or for real?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Been the best player on the best team in the AHL at 18, following up his WJC performance.
Seriously. He has been that good in the AHL that some Ducks fans would put him ahead of Zegras.
Short sample size, but it has been really impressive.
It's a short sample size but that's all we have for every player because of the whole COV situation... That is literally all we can base any prospects off of right now is how they are playing wherever they are playing in the short amount of time they are playing.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
1. Zegras/Drysdale = Raymond/Seider. The former will be more puck transporting/possession and the latter more two-way. Question is will Seider be the #1D or will Detroit take Hughes in the draft to compliment him.
3. Stuetzle/Sanderson

All close. 6 really good players. I suspect Sandy will be the weakest of the 6 but still a top 2ish guy, which isn't really weak at all.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
A year ago most people on this website regarded Sanderson as a late first round pick. My opinion was pretty consistent throughout, and I was a fan of him. His draft stock drastically elevates when no games are played, and we hear about his improved offensive potential when games aren't being played that supposedly we are supposed to believe without discussing his skillset.

Fake news. I know you like to lean into your little shtick here but the least you can do is not keep repeating this false narrative that has been debunked on here countless times.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: