Zegras does it again

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Kids these days...

He has some wicked offensive instincts. Incredibly entertaining player.

Mar 26, 2010
Zegras is awesome. kid has some silky hands!

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Awesome skill from the kid. He’s definitely made a reputation for himself in the league by now.

Someone is gonna tag him.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I love that Zegras has the ability and confidence to bring something exciting to the game, that shit pops the crowd like crazy.

But I do miss the days when there were multiple guys on every team that would remind him that there is a price to pay for showing up their goalie.

Skill AND paying the consequences for playing the fool is the best case scenario for a fan. Glad to see the Yotes show some self respect.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Very nice goal, but does anyone else think something like that shouldn't be allowed? Only reason I say that is that is seems like, say in basketball, if a guy took 4,5 or 6 steps just to get around 2 or 3 guys it would be traveling, but he goes from one side of the net to the other with the puck on his stick and then infront of his own player and whips it into the net. Like I said very nice, talented goal but maybe a rule to keep it to like 1 or 2 strides then attempt it. Just my two cents.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Very nice goal, but does anyone else think something like that shouldn't be allowed? Only reason I say that is that is seems like, say in basketball, if a guy took 4,5 or 6 steps just to get around 2 or 3 guys it would be traveling, but he goes from one side of the net to the other with the puck on his stick and then infront of his own player and whips it into the net. Like I said very nice, talented goal but maybe a rule to keep it to like 1 or 2 strides then attempt it. Just my two cents.
Most of the time you glide when puck is in position…. So idk if that rule change would do much.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's not an issue with Zegras, that is on our management trading away every guy with some muscles creating a weak team that cannot defend its skilled players. If we still f.e. had Deslauriers he would have made that guy on the other team regret his actions.
You mean the guy that got a fighting major and out the remainder of the game and ducks don’t play coyotes again this year?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
It's a hell of a lot easier to knock a puck off a stick than it is to get a ball away from someone's grip. Not comparable.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hit 50 points tonight also. On pace for 65 points in his rookie season. Good Stuff

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
This is officially called the, "Zegras goal".

Until someone else comes and does it twice, then it should be called the "New player goal"? I mean, wasn't it "the Svechnikov" like two years back?

The letter Z is kinda ominous in different context tho

In Sweden they call this a "Zorro goal", so it kind of works along those lines. It's dumb though.

Reactions: LakeLivin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad