Zegras and Stecher situation. Update in post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Trevor Zegras is basically Mike Ribeiro born 20 years later in a more privileged setting.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
never said they were, oh defensive one...
No but they were very willing to accept some random on Twitter's incorrect guess and spread incorrect and disparaging misinformation. But that's not worse than Zegras fans addressing it. Sure.

And just so we're clear about the ridiculousness of all this, the outrage wasn't just limited to HFboards and all around the internet people ran with the false story that Zegras said something about Stecher's father (some are still convinced that he did). Think about it from the perspective of Ducks fans. They spent the day watching people call Zegras a piece of shit on the light end, and that he should be hospitalized on for a dead dad chirp on the extreme end.

But Ducks fans are the embarassing ones for defending their player and pointing out that maybe we should wait for details before we get the pitchforks out? More embarassing than the swaths of people who jumped to conclusions and blew this out of proportion to the point of wishing severe physical retribution on a player on the basis of some Twitter nobody's incorrect guess?

Last edited:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It really depends on what he said in the end. I do think some things should be off limits.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He could have, you don't know, nor do I. Beat writers are lied to pretty consistently.
you don’t really need to make up a reason to dislike zegras, you can just dislike him cause he’s cocky and doesn’t fit the normal hockey star persona, perfectly acceptable

Your defend Zegras at all costs cape might be getting a bit too tight, buddy.

You're all over this thread like shit on a blanket.
forgot people arnt allowed to talk on forums if they don’t fit your perspective my bad, I’ll be more considerate next time

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
you don’t really need to make up a reason to dislike zegras, you can just dislike him cause he’s cocky and doesn’t fit the normal hockey star persona, perfectly acceptable

forgot people arnt allowed to talk on forums if they don’t fit your perspective my bad, I’ll be more considerate next time
Stand up for Trevor, man. Stand up for Trevor.

Fight that fight. You must have 250 posts in this thread alone swooping in full defense mode.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
How has this thread not been closed. It has been proven to be complete bullshit by multiple sources on both sides.

It’s just bullshit conspiracy talk now.
I found a tinfoil hat conspiracy nut.

It is disturbing how people react to things on the internet nowadays. “Don’t agree with my opinion, you’re a conspiracy nut!!!!” This isn’t some government conspiracy, some people think both organizations wanted to downplay the incident so Stetcher didn’t have to deal with a media onslaught about his dad. Nobody thinks it’s some huge conspiracy, get over yourselves.

• Haha
Reactions: Gliff

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It is disturbing how people react to things on the internet nowadays. “Don’t agree with my opinion, you’re a conspiracy nut!!!!” This isn’t some government conspiracy, some people think both organizations wanted to downplay the incident so Stetcher didn’t have to deal with a media onslaught about his dad. Nobody thinks it’s some huge conspiracy, get over yourselves.
Some people like the make up crazy theories so they can die on whatever false hill they choose.

Kinda like a conspiracy nut

Reactions: Gliff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don’t have to stand up for Trevor…. It’s already been debunked… you just got some weird haters still trying to make up conspiracy theories.

Just funny how many people took this and ran
Take a bit of a break or something, man. I'm willing to say you're a large reason this thread is staying open. You've probably got 250 posts in here alone.

Sometimes it's healthy just to step away for a bit.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Take a bit of a break or something, man. I'm willing to say you're a large reason this thread is staying open. You've probably got 250 posts in here alone.
You can go back and count them if you like…. People not accepting the truth is why this thr ad keeps going.

There is a block feature on the site, there is the option to not read the thread. You can do either

Reactions: AzHawk

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You can go back and count them if you like…. People not accepting the truth is why this thr ad keeps going.

There is a block feature on the site, there is the option to not read the thread. You can do either
I'm just suggesting that it's OK to step outside or do something else than reply to every single thing in this thread, in full defense mode.

Like it's kind of f***ing crazy the amount of time you're spending in here on a topic that you claim is "already debunked" - That would mean it's all good, done, nothing to see here, no?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Ridiculous conspiracy theory. He said something and it may have crossed the line but it wasn't that. You are overreacting to something you saw on the internet, by letting some random fan on twitter put the dad thing in your head, even after a reputable source has completely squashed the notion.

I'm just suggesting that it's OK to step outside or do something else than reply to every single thing in this thread, in full defense mode.

Like it's kind of f***ing crazy the amount of time you're spending in here on a topic that you claim is "already debunked" - That would mean it's all good, done, nothing to see here, no?

You are here too. If it's beneath you, no one is making you read or post. The time might be better spent washing your blankets evidently.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ridiculous conspiracy theory. He said something and it may have crossed the line but it wasn't that. You are overreacting to something you saw on the internet, by letting some random fan on twitter put the dad thing in your head, even after a reputable source has completely squashed the notion.

You are here too. If it's beneath you, no one is making you read or post.
I'm just trying to help a brotha out.

Can we talk about your understanding of blankets, please?
East coast phrase, buddy. We're a bit weird.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Takes little energy, you should worry bout your own life.

Then why are you still posting?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Here's the difference between two options, namely 1) that people guess that Zegras didn't say anything that isnt said every night or 2) people guess that the Coyotes and Ducks are just trying to make this go away and Zegras actually did say something about Stecher's father. Hm I wonder why some people are defending Zegras over the second proposition. :dunno: maybe cause the second propagates damage to Zegras' public reputation.

Also it may not be a massive conspiracy but two parties planning to do something is defined as conspiring. The notion that the Yotes and Ducks are agreeing to lie about what happened to shut the story down would be a conspiracy to mislead the public. So ridiculing the notion as conspiracy theory is appropriate. Especially since it's still just guesswork informed by negativity bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad