Zegras and Stecher situation. Update in post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It’s weird how people say this didn’t happen for sure because a Coyotes reporter says it didn’t lol. We don’t know if it did or didn’t. All we know is Zegras said something to make Stetcher irate.

If I were Stetcher and Zegras said something about my dead father I would lie and say he didn’t after the game so the story would go away.

Huh? Why would the yotes writer lie about it then genius?

He could've said at least they have fans and obviously the Coyotes wouldn't want to bring that up either. Nice reach.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He's @Arthur Morgan 's brother but I haven't ruled out if they're both bots yet or not. But there's definitely a conspiracy here. A dark, vast conspiracy that may just go all the way to the top.
bot.... me .... er..... I'm..... err..... human....erro...... believe me.....error.....Dutch.....error......Micah.....error.....LENNY

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Huh? Why would the yotes writer lie about it then genius?

He could've said at least they have fans and obviously the Coyotes wouldn't want to bring that up either. Nice reach.

Why would the coyotes writer lie? Why would the multiple sources the writers talked to lie? You’re literally just ignoring the facts because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
I'm not suggesting that he is lying. I am saying there is a scenario where Stetcher tells reporters or someone in the organization after the game that Zegras did not say anything about his father so that the story does not become a big thing. That is what I would do anyway.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I'm not suggesting that he is lying. I am saying there is a scenario where Stetcher tells reporters or someone in the organization after the game that Zegras did not say anything about his father so that the story does not become a big thing. That is what I would do anyway.
That makes zero sense. Firstly it would make him a liar, secondly he did say Zegras said something that crossed the line, why on earth would he say that if he just wanted to downplay the incident to get it over with?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

The way you are grasping and clawing to keep this a possibility, it's as though you want it to be true (would be far from the only one here).

In all reasonable likelihood, the Coyotes stated that Zegras did not say that, because (gasp) he said something else instead. It really shouldn't be that hard for you to accept.

The original "story" was nothing more than some garbage speculation and turned out to be completely false, let it go.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
The way you are grasping and clawing to keep this a possibility, it's as though you want it to be true (would be far from the only one here).

In all reasonable likelihood, the Coyotes stated that Zegras did not say that, because (gasp) he said something else instead. It really shouldn't be that hard for you to accept.

The original "story" was nothing more than some garbage speculation and turned out to be completely false, let it go.
Didn't realize you were on the ice to hear it yourself. Why would anyone make up randomly that he said something about his father? And it is very rare to see a player react like that to an on-ice comment. Sounds like you are grasping to defend Zegras. All I said is we do not know for sure because we weren't there to hear it and there is a scenario where all parties want to downplay it to make it go away.

That makes zero sense. Firstly it would make him a liar, secondly he did say Zegras said something that crossed the line, why on earth would he say that if he just wanted to downplay the incident to get it over with?
Maybe because everybody saw his reaction on the ice? Not hard to figure out, obviously he had to say something fairly offensive. Sounds like you are under the impression he was just wishing him good luck in the game.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Or because Arizona is Bettmans project and Zegras is a poster child for the league. Its really not out of the realm to try and swipe it all under the rug. Not sure why people are taking a beat writers words as gospel.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Maybe because everybody saw his reaction on the ice? Not hard to figure out, obviously he had to say something fairly offensive. Sounds like you are under the impression he was just wishing him good luck in the game.
No one said that. The majority of the people in this thread are just able to accept things for what they are when presented with truth of some sort and move on, rather than acting as though everything is fake or a conspiracy.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Didn't realize you were on the ice to hear it yourself. Why would anyone make up randomly that he said something about his father? And it is very rare to see a player react like that to an on-ice comment. Sounds like you are grasping to defend Zegras. All I said is we do not know for sure because we weren't there to hear it and there is a scenario where all parties want to downplay it to make it go away.

Have you even been following the story you're commenting on? This whole idea that Zegras said anything about the guy's dad started with one random idiot on twitter thinking he can read lips. There was never any merit it to it. The Coyotes through their team beat writer, flat out denied that the comments were anything to do with Stechers dad.

Only a conspiracy nut would be scratching and clawing for reasons why the Coyotes would lie to protect Zegras. He obviously said something, possibly something that really crossed the line, but at this point we can be certain it was not about anyone's dad.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Or because Arizona is Bettmans project and Zegras is a poster child for the league. Its really not out of the realm to try and swipe it all under the rug. Not sure why people are taking a beat writers words as gospel.
My goodness.

Yes, this beat writer that makes his living off following and writing about the Coyotes decided to lie about what the Coyotes told him, and the entire Coyotes organization just went along with it. Because...I'm not sure.

Crazy that this is your most likely scenario rather than the Coyotes just telling him that Zegras didn't say that but that he did say something offensive. Maybe the Coyotes and Stetcher just want to move on.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

This is tinfoil hat conspiracy garbage. The Coyotes have no reason to say "Zegras said something offensive that crossed the line but it wasn't to do with his dad". Why is it so hard to accept that he said something else?

Once again, the notion that Zegras said anything about his dad, originated with some fan on twitter trying to read lips. It was never a substantiated claim whatsoever. Didn't even come from any sort of reputable source and has been completely shot down by one.

If some random on twitter had you so sure that you were able to read those words coming out of Zegras mouth, you need to learn to think more for yourself. If you watch the video without the prebiased viewpoint of being told what Zegras said, it really doesn't look like he says anything of the sort.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

Do you actually have ANY logic or rationale behind these thoughts? Cause it certainly doesn’t seem like it.

If he just wanted it to go away, why would he say it crossed the line? Also what does he have to gain by lying that it wasn’t about his father if it actually was?

Please, make it make sense.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
My goodness.

Yes, this beat writer that makes his living off following and writing about the Coyotes decided to lie about what the Coyotes told him, and the entire Coyotes organization just went along with it. Because...I'm not sure.

Crazy that this is your most likely scenario rather than the Coyotes just telling him that Zegras didn't say that but that he did say something offensive. Maybe the Coyotes and Stetcher just want to move on.
You are not comprehending what is being said, like at all.

Nobody is claiming the beat writer lied. Beat writers are fed BS from teams all the time. They just relay whatever they are being told. My point is that the NHL has reason to sweep this all under the rug and let the wind blow it away.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You are not comprehending what is being said, like at all.

Nobody is claiming the beat writer lied. Beat writers are fed BS from teams all the time. They just relay whatever they are being told. My point is that the NHL has reason to sweep this all under the rug and let the wind blow it away.
Yeah, I am like, comprehending it. You just want to believe that it's all made up, and I'm not sure why. This is a non-story at this point.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
This is tinfoil hat conspiracy garbage. The Coyotes have no reason to say "Zegras said something offensive that crossed the line but it wasn't to do with his dad". Why is it so hard to accept that he said something else?

Once again, the notion that Zegras said anything about his dad, originated with some fan on twitter trying to read lips. It was never a substantiated claim whatsoever. Didn't even come from any sort of reputable source and has been completely shot down by one.

If some random on twitter had you so sure that you were able to read those words coming out of Zegras mouth, you need to learn to think more for yourself. If you watch the video without the prebiased viewpoint of being told what Zegras said, it really doesn't look like he says anything of the sort.

He could have, you don't know, nor do I. Beat writers are lied to pretty consistently.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Have you even been following the story you're commenting on? This whole idea that Zegras said anything about the guy's dad started with one random idiot on twitter thinking he can read lips. There was never any merit it to it. The Coyotes through their team beat writer, flat out denied that the comments were anything to do with Stechers dad.

Only a conspiracy nut would be scratching and clawing for reasons why the Coyotes would lie to protect Zegras. He obviously said something, possibly something that really crossed the line, but at this point we can be certain it was not about anyone's dad.
I found Zegras PR manager.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
It’s all star week…. No games on for several days so you weren’t expecting a knitting circle to break out did you?? ;)
I mean we are gossiping about something that was said that is now confirmed to not have been said seems close, maybe more bingo hall than knitting circle i suppose

Reactions: TheLegend
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad