Youtube: Zdeno Chara vs. Brian Boyle 11/29/13

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Boyle is such an embarrassment 6'5 and has no problem going up against Krejci but when Chara goes to address it he tries to turtle multiple times. :laugh:

Polo*

Such an incredible mismatch

Rangers have any tough guys? I forget. Not a line they wanna be messing with though with no tough guys on the ice. Chara, Iginla and Lucic.

Tanevian*

Boyle is such an embarrassment 6'5 and has no problem going up against Krejci but when Chara goes to address it he tries to turtle multiple times. :laugh:

Come on, it's a total mismatch. But yes, OMG he is tall!!!!

Or, Krejci is a joke and Boyle is a joke. Either way.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Bi Coastal Bawse said:

yeah and chara is a really tough fighter for 6'9, chara have a lot of fights vs a HW :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Another spot pick by chara.

Yeah what a spot pick. Boyle goes to try and fight Krejci because 2 Rangers dove and when the team Captain Chara steps in between Boyle all a sudden won't fight.

He's 6'5-6'6 at least put up a fight. He tried to turtle like 5 times.

James Reimer

I Stop Pucks
Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Every time I watch a Chara fight I end up coming out at the end disappointed.

I just want to see someone bring the big man down in a convincing way. No hate for him as a player it would just be awesome to see.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Krejci knocks a ranger into their goalie. NY had to react. Probably would have ended with a scrum though.Chara didn't need to do that.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Good on Boyle for going but he's definitely one of the softer big guys I've seen

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Krejci knocks a ranger into their goalie. NY had to react. Probably would have ended with a scrum though.Chara didn't need to do that.

This pretty much. Krejci knocks a Ranger into Lundqvist for no reason and then people act like Boyle was being cheap because he pushed him around a little and Chara is a hero for "saving" Krejci by fighting a guy who didnt want to fight and had no reason to fight Chara.

Actual fight was disappointing... Boyle couldnt even stand up for more than 2 seconds. Easily the worst fighter pound for pound in the league.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Boyle goes after a smaller player once again and once again someone calls him on it and he turtles. Face it rangers fans, he's not your bravest guy.

As for Chara not fighting heavies?

Jody Shelley
Scott Parker
Darren Langdon
Randy McKay
Paul Laus
Brad Brown
Peter Worrell numerous times
Gino Odjick
Oliwa
Chris Simon

I think he fought Ivanans and Laraque too.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

This pretty much. Krejci knocks a Ranger into Lundqvist for no reason and then people act like Boyle was being cheap because he pushed him around a little and Chara is a hero for "saving" Krejci by fighting a guy who didnt want to fight and had no reason to fight Chara.

Actual fight was disappointing... Boyle couldnt even stand up for more than 2 seconds. Easily the worst fighter pound for pound in the league.

Kreicj brushes into a guy who dives who then makes Hank dive. Boyle was trying to turtle that's why he couldn't stand up.

Tanevian*

Boyle goes after a smaller player once again and once again someone calls him on it and he turtles. Face it rangers fans, he's not your bravest guy.

Going after a guy who just knocked on a player onto Lundqvist.

I admit, I am no longer sure how hockey works. Krejci is the instigator but wants no part of anything because he knows others will do his bidding. But yes, Boyle is the problem because he knows he will get killed by Chara.

Tanevian*

Kreicj brushes into a guy who dives who then makes Hank dive. Boyle was trying to turtle that's why he couldn't stand up.

He shoved him into him. Boyle isn't turtling, but he certainly is trying to save his face. There is a rather huge difference.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
A great deal more here than just picking out Boyle. Bruins have been playing poor and they are trying to get it back. Boyle was in the wrong place at the wrong time because Chara took the opportunity to send a message. Also, he went pretty easy on Boyle gang, Chara is a beast when he gets riled up. I don't blame Boyle a bit for wanting it to end. Bs got the win, Chara did his job in all areas of the game and captaincy, again...

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
If anyone was spot picking it's Boyle. He try picking a fight with Krecji and when Chara comes in he doesn't want anything to do with him. A skilled guy like Krecji shouldn't have to fight, if Boyle wants to scrap there are about 7 guys on Boston who are more than willing to go with him.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He shoved him into him. Boyle isn't turtling, but he certainly is trying to save his face. There is a rather huge difference.

Your face is on your head, therefore he was indeed turtling. Not saying he's wrong to do so, I would've left a yellow puddle on the ice if I were in his skates.

Mynameismark*

Yeah what a spot pick. Boyle goes to try and fight Krejci because 2 Rangers dove and when the team Captain Chara steps in between Boyle all a sudden won't fight.

He's 6'5-6'6 at least put up a fight. He tried to turtle like 5 times.

Thats the thing though. Chara rarely gets angry when it's other tough guys out there stirring the pot. He's gone after emelin and boyle and such for minor things, but when a big tough dude starts something...where is the raging giant?

I'm not saying he isnt tough, but what I am saying is that he clearly likes to mix it up when he knows he can have a bit of an easy time of it.

Mynameismark*

Every time I watch a Chara fight I end up coming out at the end disappointed.

I just want to see someone bring the big man down in a convincing way. No hate for him as a player it would just be awesome to see.

You'll never see that. If he ever does face a tougher guy, he loses his balance almost immediately. Hell, he did it with Chris Neil.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
If anyone was spot picking it's Boyle. He try picking a fight with Krecji and when Chara comes in he doesn't want anything to do with him. A skilled guy like Krecji shouldn't have to fight, if Boyle wants to scrap there are about 7 guys on Boston who are more than willing to go with him.

But none of them knocked a ranger into lundqvist. Krejci did. Why should skilled players be exempt from an ass kicking. No problems with boyle going after him. It was a d1ck move by krejci and lundqvist could have been hurt.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013

7 :laugh:
ok chara lucic mcquaid thornton but after?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad