Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
2uwZ4xi75JhxZYeyQB.gif

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not sure what they are waiting for ? If they think the backend can sustain the losses of both Krug and Chara and find replacements internally they are dreaming . It will be like Boychuck leaving , Bruins won’t make the playoffs. Need the big guy for one more year even if he isn’t what he once was .

Add the surgeries to 88/63 and people who think
they are a lock to make the PO are crazy. If Bergeron
misses 10 or so games with his issues fans are in
for a rude awakening.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bos 0 - Van 1 - Burrows Bit Bergeron
Bos 2 - Van 3 (OT) - Burrows 2 goals and an assist when he should have been suspended
Van 1 - Bos 8 - 7 goal difference
Van 0 - Bos 4
Bos 0 - Van 1
Van 2 - Bos 5
Bos 4 - Van 0

Bruins won by 7 4 3 and 4. All of Vancouver's wins were by 1 goal.

Stl 2 - Bos 4
Stl 3 - Bos 2 OT
Bos 7 - Stl 2
Bos 2 - Stl 4
Stl 2 - Bos 1
Bos 5 - Stl 1
Stl 4 - Bos 1

Bruin scored a hell of a lot more than Vancouver did in 2011. If game 5 isn't handed to STL and the Bruins win it, then they finish it off in 6. Two completely different series.

They lost and that is the only similarity that matters.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Z has been great for Boston but both decision making with the puck and his skating speed are hampering whoever skates with him

Reactions: chizzler

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Add the surgeries to 88/63 and people who think
they are a lock to make the PO are crazy. If Bergeron
misses 10 or so games with his issues fans are in
for a rude awakening.

Yes, Bergeron's groin issue has been lost in the shuffle with the injuries to #63 & 88 and all the speculation about Chara playing/not playing but I think it is at the point where #37's health has become something that will play a larger role from now on. Especially in a shortened season- he could miss 15-20 games in an 82 game schedule without having too much of a detrimental effect on the won/loss record but missing 15-20 games in a 56 game season could spell doom.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
My gut feeling is that a big part of this comes down to the cap hit he is willing to take.

Under $1M - already signed

$1M - $1.5M ok if they determine there isn't a good trade match out there for a good LHD

$1.5M to $2M - uneasy with it, I'd say no but wouldn't get too upset as a fan

Over $2M - not good cap management. Have to pass

Reactions: Gordoff

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I dont understand why people are saying Boston got ripped off in 2019.

1) St Louis was the best team in hockey from January- Game 7. They deserved it.

2) Binnington channeled his inner Brodeur.

3) game 7 was 100% Bostons fault from coaching staff to players. Bad line up decisions, bad decisions on ice, lack of scoring in 1st period and mental breakdowns.

I've re-watched the whole series and quite frankly (besides the Accari trip in Game 5) the officiating was fine IMO.

Boston blew Game 2
Boston no showed in Game 5
Boston blew Game 7

Period!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

3) game 7 was 100% Bostons fault from coaching staff to players. Bad line up decisions, bad decisions on ice, lack of scoring in 1st period and mental breakdowns.

I've re-watched the whole series and quite frankly (besides the Accari trip in Game 5) the officiating was fine IMO.

Boston blew Game 2
Boston blew Game 7

Period!

Simply, no. Outside of game 7 this is not correct.

Go count the hits by Blais and Sundqvist et al that were straight to the numbers, or jumped into, or late, if you so desire. After the Bruins scored four PP goals, St Louis changed nothing, but the league did.

This Cup will always have a * next to it and I will never respect the Blues. This isn't the Chicago series where the better team won, and earned it.

Binnington was actually quite terrible as well and very beatable. That Game 7 especially hurts when Marchand shoots right to his logo when he had the entire net open... the Bruins likely win...

This is about Chara however. That series is a good indication of why a healthy Chara aids this team, more so than the bubble format where so few players were effective.

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Boston blew Game 2
Boston blew Game 7

Period!

Riiiiiiiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad