Jun 4, 2016
God love him . . . :laugh:
giphy.gif

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The funniest thing is that Gill was our Chara - that’s how far this club has come

The only thing Gill and Chara have in common as players is size. Kyle McLaren was more of a Chara than Gill ever was. I do agree with you that Fluto gets shat upon a bit overmuch, but then again, he does write some doofy things.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
That would be Hal Gill.

I will have to read it, I can't believe Gill took him on.
I believe it. I saw it live. Gill actually went after Chara which was a big mistake. I give Gill a lot of credit for taking him on. It's probably on youtube.

Reactions: BMC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
As for Sweeney, not his fault his team choked on home ice vs the Blues. He had the pieces in place and they fell apart because the other goalie made some saves in the first 15 minutes.

I can't agree they had the pieces to win. Who was their 2nd line RW in game 7 again? That team was carried by Rask and Marchand who were brilliant, and received some great fortune by not having to play Tampa or Washington.

Sweeney failed that team at the trade deadline. He needed 3 pieces to win, he got 2 and they got close, but ultimately and predictably fell short. He's done the same thing at every deadline, half measures.

This team is built to win regular season games. It's not built to win in the playoffs and they know it. Neely has talked repeatedly and specifically about what they're missing, but it seems good enough for Sweeney, which feels very Sinden-esque.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What’s it like to fight Zdeno Chara? ‘I felt like a little boy’

Jake's dad:
“He had me in the most vulnerable position I’ve ever been in during a hockey fight. And I’ve been in a few hundred fights in my life,” DeBrusk said. “I couldn’t reach him. I tried to throw one punch, and it was a foot and a half short. I was like, ‘Wow. This is bad.’ He had a real good grip on me.

Worrell:

During one of their fights, Worrell was at risk of a bad outcome. By his recollection, he was puffing through a two-minute shift when the puck got to him along the wall. Worrell wanted to get the puck out of the Florida zone and retreat to the bench. Chara had other intentions.
“As soon as it did, I breathed a sigh of relief,” Worrell said of advancing the puck. “But he thought I was trying to fight him. So the gloves drop. I was like, ‘Oh, Lord.’ I just tried to hold on. He got me with a real clean one real quick. So we’re sitting in the penalty box. I just remember saying, ‘Z, I don’t understand. Why’d you want to fight me? I was literally trying to climb up you to get off the ice.’ I was dead tired. I wanted nothing to do with him.”

:laugh:

Somebody needs to write a book about Zee someday.

Feels like a farewell piece.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My opinion is he re-signs, always has been. Jimmy was the only one to respond, other than a few "likes".

Time will tell I guess.

Glad to be wrong, I always assumed Chara had a handshake deal with Sweeney. I am all for one last dance with Z as long as he is not overused.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I can't agree they had the pieces to win. Who was their 2nd line RW in game 7 again? That team was carried by Rask and Marchand who were brilliant, and received some great fortune by not having to play Tampa or Washington.

Sweeney failed that team at the trade deadline. He needed 3 pieces to win, he got 2 and they got close, but ultimately and predictably fell short. He's done the same thing at every deadline, half measures.

This team is built to win regular season games. It's not built to win in the playoffs and they know it. Neely has talked repeatedly and specifically about what they're missing, but it seems good enough for Sweeney, which feels very Sinden-esque.

mojo was the second line addition. They played him “3rd line”

all the pieces were in place they choked. 110 percent on the players. You do not make the 7th game of the SC when the GM does a “not good enough job”. Blues second line LW was Zach Sanford FFs.

this team is plenty good enough to win, Tampa is the only better team in the conference and they have choked before

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I believe it. I saw it live. Gill actually went after Chara which was a big mistake. I give Gill a lot of credit for taking him on. It's probably on youtube.
Yah it was at my end and I watched it all unfold

there was time as they got set for me to fear for Hal Gill’s life

Gill was not a plus fighter but definitely kudos for taking him on

Gill is tall but Chara looked like a pterodactyl on skates

seriously I can see it like it was yesterday

here is one in Ottawa.

what an epic beatdown and Chara shockingly kept going

this is the type of fight that should send shivers through locker rooms

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Yah it was at my end and I watched it all unfold

there was time as they got set for me to fear for Hal Gill’s life

Gill was not a plus fighter but definitely kudos for taking him on

Gill is tall but Chara looked like a pterodactyl on skates

seriously I can see it like it was yesterday

here is one in Ottawa.

what an epic beatdown and Chara shockingly kept going

this is the type of fight that should send shivers through locker rooms

Weird to see him as a Sen.

"Ooooohhhh, they're not friendly" :laugh: no kidding?!

Reactions: BMC

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Zdeno Chara vs. Hal Gill, November 09, 2002 - Ottawa Senators vs. Boston Bruins

Dennis Bonvie ?

PJ Stock?

a great fight between Mike Knuble & Mr Carrie Underwood

Dale Arnold saying multiple times Zdeno Chara speared Hal Gill twice

I need a shower - we need more of this

Zdeno Chara vs. Hal Gill, November 09, 2002 - Ottawa Senators vs. Boston Bruins
What is your opinion on the Bruins lack of snarl over the last few years? Sweeney?, Cassidy?, Neely? I really want to believe Cam doesn't like seeing us pushed around every game. BUT he's been watching it happen for years now and has done nothing to address it.
Yeah, we need more of this.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What is your opinion on the Bruins lack of snarl over the last few years? Sweeney?, Cassidy?, Neely? I really want to believe Cam doesn't like seeing us pushed around every game. BUT he's been watching it happen for years now and has done nothing to address it.
Yeah, we need more of this.
They are as a group moving to more physical players

they passed on high skilled guys like Debrincat and Kaliyev and went size with Frederic & Beecher

Lohrei is 6’4 and is a former football player and is talking about being more physical as he gets stronger and spends time in weight room - you can’t get much better then what Lohrei will get at Ohio State where he’s going

a guy I loved with snarl is Ryan Lindgren who they reseed to Rangers - he’s tough as anyone and they did draft him

they traded Heinen for Ritchie

they are heading in right direction

they brought Miller back who is often injured but a very tough competitor

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00