Player Discussion Zdeno Chara - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
This man will take his skates off. And walk straight into the hall of fame.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I flinched when he came towards the camera
He can be scary when he smiles :laugh:
e8330123db2d0d19c871a9151f5841b2--hockey-memes-funny-hockey.jpg

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Drop the friggin gloves once in a while Chara. Your teammates need to know you got thier back since Adam is now gone ffs.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lots of folks were freaking out when Chara went down with an injury a week ago....

Wish the big guy a speedy recovery, but the Bruins have shown that it is not all about Chara to keep things in check at the back end (used to be). Actually the backend feels like it has "sped" up a bit

This stretch while a short sample size should prove that this team will be just fine, post Chara

The future HOF is 40 plus... this should be his last season in the league

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The results look for better than the play because Rask and Halak are red hot.

There are a lot more breakdowns, they give up a lot more established zone time 5 on 5 and they have given up a lot more odd man rushes and quality scoring chances since.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The results look for better than the play because Rask and Halak are red hot.

There are a lot more breakdowns, they give up a lot more established zone time 5 on 5 and they have given up a lot more odd man rushes and quality scoring chances since.

How is this the Ds fault?

While I agree there are small mistakes here and there , plus no adv from that ridiculous reach.... you must admit things are "sped" up at the back end. Players are able to carry the puck out on their own and help the offensive a bit more

In addition puck retrievals overall has looked smoother

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I am not even sure it is a fair comparison to life without Chara because we have been missing the rest of our d-core along with him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I am not even sure it is a fair comparison to life without Chara because we have been missing the rest of our d-core along with him.

yes and it has been that "solid" regardless

kudos to Lauzon and Clifton for filling in masterfully

Reactions: ap3lovr

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Lots of folks were freaking out when Chara went down with an injury a week ago....

Wish the big guy a speedy recovery, but the Bruins have shown that it is not all about Chara to keep things in check at the back end (used to be). Actually the backend feels like it has "sped" up a bit

This stretch while a short sample size should prove that this team will be just fine, post Chara

The future HOF is 40 plus... this should be his last season in the league

This should be his last season in the league??!! Why??!! He’s still a great player. Gimme a break with this utter nonsense!

Reactions: PJ StockBB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This should be his last season in the league??!! Why??!! He’s still a great player. Gimme a break with this utter nonsense!

Chara injuries (since last season) are slowly piling up... you think it is easy to recover at his age? He was also only signed to a one year extension last season... i think this is an indication that this is his last season (well at least wearing a Bruins jersey)

You also can't bottleneck the depth down at providence moving fwd.... vaaka, clifton, lauzon, zboril (by next season), Axelsson (near future) are all nhl calibre Ds

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The Bruins are ready for life without Chara.

Chara is still a legit top 4 D and one of the top pure shutdown D in the game. He and McAvoy make one of the best pairings in the league.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The Bruins are ready for life without Chara.

Chara is still a legit top 4 D and one of the top pure shutdown D in the game. He and McAvoy make one of the best pairings in the league.

so was Lidstrom,Scott Niedermayer, Rafalski, Bourque just before they retired

it doesn't mean that they should have kept continuing to play until they became third pairing material

Root

Feb 22, 2010
so was Lidstrom,Scott Niedermayer, Rafalski, Bourque just before they retired

it doesn't mean that they should have kept continuing to play until they became third pairing material

Great, so when he starts to look like a 3rd pairing defenseman he can retire. Right now that is not the case. I can't wait until he is back even tho it has been nice to see the young guys step up and play well!

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Honestly I think next year will be THE last season. Assuming they make the playoffs this year and make some real noise

I'm gonna miss him when he's gone. This team has had a great mentor in him, and you know guys like Charlie and Carlo had to have been feeding off of it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Honestly I think next year will be THE last season. Assuming they make the playoffs this year and make some real noise

I'm gonna miss him when he's gone. This team has had a great mentor in him, and you know guys like Charlie and Carlo had to have been feeding off of it.

Bruins can hire him to coach in some capacity after he retires

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Chara is not retiring and the Bruins are not going to let him go. He will play another two to four years at least.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Chara injuries (since last season) are slowly piling up... you think it is easy to recover at his age? He was also only signed to a one year extension last season... i think this is an indication that this is his last season (well at least wearing a Bruins jersey)

You also can't bottleneck the depth down at providence moving fwd.... vaaka, clifton, lauzon, zboril (by next season), Axelsson (near future) are all nhl calibre Ds

Chara's injuries are piling up so he should retire? So that would mean that Charlie McAvoy should retire too seeing he's been out of the lineup a lot more that Chara over the past two seasons. Unless you're discriminating because of age. And you have no idea what these young players are really going to be. No way you can say that Axelsson is NHL calibre in the near future. Never played in North America. Very flawed argument to put it nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad