Zdeno Chara gets rocked by Trevor Moore

Apr 9, 2009
USA
It doesn't seem too ridiculous to assume Chara is one of the strongest players we've seen given what we've seen him do in his career.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Not even close to the same, did you ever watch the chara video?

I am really confused this is the stand you have chosen to make. I mean I dont even like chara, but full respect what he is.
The stand that I think Chara is strong and fit but questioning why people insist he's one of the strongest people in the entire history of the NHL when the only evidence they can come up with is 35 cheated pullups and spinning around with McCabe?

He's a great D-man, he's crazy tall. He's not Paul Bunyan. The history of the league has a lot of players that were big and strong.

I guess Scott Parker was superhuman?Or that no one remembers how they used to talk about Pronger?

And while we're speaking of Pronger.

Now back to the thread about this hit as I back away slowly....

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Chara is terrible and has been for a while. Back in 2013 when the Hawks beat the Bruins, they were down 2-1 in that series. Originally they were trying to get Kane and Toews away from Chara. When they started getting them out there against him and chasing that matchup they started excelling. He's so slow. Go right at him.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Definitely suspension worthy. A dangerous hit with a high injury risk. It's time to remove body checks from the game entirely.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Is anyone that is not a leafs fan describing this as anything but someone knocking Chara off balance? I don't care for either team, but come on....

Yup caught big Z off balance obviously. Leafs are my 2nd team. Still a good hit though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A former, very tough NHL'er that I know said that Chara is the strongest player he has ever played against. I brought up Bfuglyien and Weber, and he still said Chara. He mentioned that what people often forget about him is how athletic he is...he isn't just a big dork.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The bear can barely get up to use the restroom. I think Moore and the Leafs will be okay. It is very satisfying to see Chara get stomped.

Right

Stomping on a 42 year old on a semi blind hit is so satisfactory, because Moore couldnt have done that and would have been road kill if Chara was 5 years younger

A better satisfaction you would feel is, if Moore dropped his gloves and could dance with an old 42 year old player

Lets see it

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Is anyone that is not a leafs fan describing this as anything but someone knocking Chara off balance? I don't care for either team, but come on....

I mean that's exactly whawhat any hit is, knocking the other guy off balance. The reason it was a great hit is:

1. Chara rarely gets rocked
2. Moore is tiny, so this was not expected in the slightest.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Right

Stomping on a 42 year old on a semi blind hit is so satisfactory, because Moore couldnt have done that and would have been road kill if Chara was 5 years younger

A better satisfaction you would feel is, if Moore dropped his gloves and could dance with an old 42 year old player

Lets see it

He hit him shoulder to shoulder directly from the side. There is also no need to drop the gloves. Grow up and admit your player got rocked by a much smaller player. I wouldnt expect it to happen again, but the myth ththe Leafs are too soft went away after game 1.

Reactions: Groo

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Right

Lets see it

We don't want Moore fighting Chara, it's very important that Chara stays on the ice. A 5 minute major for him is the last thing we want.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He hit him shoulder to shoulder directly from the side. There is also no need to drop the gloves. Grow up and admit your player got rocked by a much smaller player. I wouldnt expect it to happen again, but the myth ththe Leafs are too soft went away after game 1.

Grow up? This thread is as childish as they come

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Right

Lets see it
Pffft. Rocked him like a hurricane.
Nice story

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
We don't want Moore fighting Chara, it's very important that Chara stays on the ice. A 5 minute major for him is the last thing we want.

I love your big head talk after only 1 game

After Leaf win 4 games...after 50 years try

Then you can gloat.... you look silly right now

Jump the gun much?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I love your big head talk after only 1 game

After Leaf win 4 games...after 50 years try

Then you can gloat.... you look silly right now

Jump the gun much?

Win or lose, Chara is still done. Sorry, I know it sucks to watch respected players overstay their expiry date.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Right

Lets see it

Chara wouldn’t even go after him for the hit, he went head first into the boards, could have been a concussion. Poor guy is obviously washed up, nothing left.

Absolutely embarrassed. Moore probably feels bad for it though, I imagine he goes easy on him for the rest of the series.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Based on what exactly?

Chara is no weakling but what makes him one of the strongest ever?

There's not been one as tall as Chara, but the league has had a lot of big strong dudes over the years.
The guy is 6’9, 270 and does sambo wrestling in his off season. Dudes about as strong a professional athlete as they come, never mind he’s a hockey player

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Grow up? This thread is as childish as they come

While I feel it didnt deserve a thread, big hits or unexpected plays get threads all the time. Your panties are in a bunch since it's your player who read leveled. Switch this around and jack Edwards has to change his pants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad