Former Bruins Zdeno Chara Appreciation Thread

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I took a very, very quick look at the stats and if Pasta stays here and plays into his late 30’s and remains relatively healthy, he’s pretty sure to end up in the top 2-3 for goals as a Bruin.

I think he hits 500 by the time he hits 35 and will make a decent run for 600 if he plays into his late 30's. Health of course being the biggest factor.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Chara & Bergeron are loved and respected by so many players in the NHL. Chara & Ray are the greatest captains in Bruins history. I hope he attends one of the playoff games this week to get a true ovation !!

Reactions: BMC and StrBender

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
@Aussie Bruin I found it! took me some searching through about a dozen sites, but I FOUND IT. I'm so glad I did because its one I want a print of to hang in my office.

Drum Roll............

1651889622177.png

Insert - "at that moment he knew he f***ed up"

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
@Aussie Bruin I found it! took me some searching through about a dozen sites, but I FOUND IT. I'm so glad I did because its one I want a print of to hang in my office.

Drum Roll............

View attachment 541936

I remember this. Behind the B had the soundbite from this and it's hilarious. Smith is saying shit like " yeah you want it, you want it " as he is back peddling. Refs get in-between and Smith tells Chara " you had your chance! " Lol

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Thanks for 14 great years Big Z, and for helping make the Bruins relevant again, and for being a beast, and a classy beast at that, and for raising The Cup higher than it's ever been. See you in the Hall!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Drum Roll............

View attachment 541936

Oh good job, that's outstanding! You're right, the facial expressions from both teams, the fans loving it in the background, the perfect framing of Chara as a force of nature and the fear in Smith's body language, it's a terrific photo.

May I ask where you found it?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Oh good job, that's outstanding! You're right, the facial expressions from both teams, the fans loving it in the background, the perfect framing of Chara as a force of nature and the fear in Smith's body language, it's a terrific photo.

May I ask where you found it?

Ended up finding it on Getty Images

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Drum Roll............

View attachment 541936

Man Chara is huge. Understandable, Smith is thinking at the moment this photo was taken. 99% of this board in Smith place would have puke being looked like that :)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Man Chara is huge. Understandable, Smith is thinking at the moment this photo was taken. 99% of this board in Smith place would have puke being looked like that :)

If I was Smith I wouldn't have been dumb enough to go after Chara to begin with lol

Reactions: BMC

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
If I was Smith I wouldn't have been dumb enough to go after Chara to begin with lol
I can tell you and I have experienced that sometime in sport, you do what you have to do or beleive you have to do for the team, despite not willing to do it!

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Chara and Smith reminds me of scene from Troy...

"There can be no pacts between Lions and men..."

We all know who the Lion was...

Reactions: Alicat

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's Reilly Smith in the background

I don't think it is. If you watch the video its Soupy that goes into the boards before the Chara/Smith incident. The full 5 for Boston looks like (Soupy, Boychuk, Chara, Eriksson, Bergeron)

1652106575988.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad