Zadorv: " Its Nate Mackinnon's way or your off the team "

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think Graves hair is so long and beautiful because of MacK. He made Ryan work hard on it

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m sure we could get Dater to go creepy mode and sit with Nate every morning at breakfast to give us the inside scoop.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Gawd I miss big Z. Wish we still had him, but then again:

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Byram - Murray

Kuemper
Francouz

That's honestly the best backend in the league by a MILE. There's not many external D-men that would break into this group.

My favorite memory of Nikita was when he single handedly destroyed The Jets:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Byram - Murray

Kuemper
Francouz

That's honestly the best backend in the league by a MILE. There's not many external D-men that would break into this group.

That Scheifele hit was just the icing on the cake too. He was bullying them all game. He caught Wheeler like 3 times lol. Then somebody (I think it was also Wheeler) took a run at Z behind the net, Z dodged him and he took out his own player.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
That Scheifele hit was just the icing on the cake too. He was bullying them all game. He caught Wheeler like 3 times lol. Then somebody (I think it was also Wheeler) took a run at Z behind the net, Z dodged him and he took out his own player.

Was so amazing mate ! Brought a tear to this kids eye :naughty:
Glad we have some intimidation back in the team again.
Miss this fella too - BEAST - MODE:
120213_parker.jpg

Reactions: kchan9

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Byram - Murray

Kuemper
Francouz

Anyone got a video of the first Zadorov hit on Scheifele?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man I miss big Z the teammate. Don't really miss the player because he sort of sucked and wouldn't really have a shot of cracking this team's defensive corps but his hits were amazing. Man I wish he would have developed into a top 4 guy. Would have solved a lot of issues for us in recent years.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Toews - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Byram - Murray

Kuemper
Francouz

Glad to see you're back friend!

That's a great defense when healthy. But the entire right side has a bit of an injury history.

With some luck health wise in the playoffs they can go far.

Reactions: Sea Eagles
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I still wonder if Zads could’ve developed further if his early development wasn’t during our chaotic era. What if he had been raised in the Nashville system for example? Would he just be a monster? Was he always destined to be a raw talent without the toolbox guy?

I miss having Zads on this team for his interaction with his teammates and his monstrous hits, but the giveaways, missed assignments and general lack of awareness not so much.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

It was Mark lol He was fed up with Z by that point and took a nice run at him behind the net only to miss and hit a teammate. I'll never forget that.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I still wonder if Zads could’ve developed further if his early development wasn’t during our chaotic era. What if he had been raised in the Nashville system for example? Would he just be a monster? Was he always destined to be a raw talent without the toolbox guy?

I miss having Zads on this team for his interaction with his teammates and his monstrous hits, but the giveaways, missed assignments and general lack of awareness not so much.
I think Buffalo f***ed him before we even got him. I think Jared rounded out his game a bit but he could only do so much by then.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

There's nothing you can do for players like Zadorov. He'll bounce around the league as GM's are duped into thinking he's a surefire top-4 guy that is a nightmare to play against, when in reality he's a 3rd pairing defensemen that gets lost all the time and throws the occasional huge hit.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zadorov and he's a very consistently physical presence. However, he's a hockey dummy through and through.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think many of Macks former teammates and current teammates see it as a negative like the Main board does. That's the sense I get from Graves comments and even Z comments. Z himself said he loved it.
It's clearly an in the moment thing as well, seen as how Mack apologized to Z after the fact. It's just Macks weirdly intense competitive nature lol. So I'm sure after it happens a couple times the guys are pretty desensitized to it.

Reactions: Foppberg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think many of Macks former teammates and current teammates see it as a negative like the Main board does. That's the sense I get from Graves comments and even Z comments. Z himself said he loved it.

I haven't looked around much on this, but I bet the feeling from Av fans is the same.

I haven't even commented on this really because it's so unsurprising. It's just Nate being Nate. He's an ultra competitive hot head who hates losing. Combine that with being a superstar with some of his personality quirks and this is what you get.

It'd be one thing if he had these altercations with guys like Z or Farrish on the golf course and didn't acknowledge them afterwards. But he's self aware enough to know that he burns hot sometimes and crosses the line, and is man enough to apologize afterwards. Doesn't seem like anyone really holds any grudges against him, because they know who and how he is.

With the diet stuff, it's obvious most of the team is on board with it too. We already heard about how he got most the team to switch to sweet potatoes for their carbs. It's not like he's going around acting like the diet police. He just set the example and the rest of the team saw the benefits and followed suit.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I haven't looked around much on this, but I bet the feeling from Av fans is the same.

I haven't even commented on this really because it's so unsurprising. It's just Nate being Nate. He's an ultra competitive hot head who hates losing. Combine that with being a superstar with some of his personality quirks and this is what you get.

It'd be one thing if he had these altercations with guys like Z or Farrish on the golf course and didn't acknowledge them afterwards. But he's self aware enough to know that he burns hot sometimes and crosses the line, and is man enough to apologize afterwards. Doesn't seem like anyone really holds any grudges against him, because they know who and how he is.

With the diet stuff, it's obvious most of the team is on board with it too. We already heard about how he got most the team to switch to sweet potatoes for their carbs. It's not like he's going around acting like the diet police. He just set the example and the rest of the team saw the benefits and followed suit.
True. Ryan Graves saying hes going to take Mackinnons advice on what to put in his body for the rest of his career says it all. All I know is that this team changed on November 5th when Nathan became the alpha in that room. No longer had to listen to country music and had full access to Avs lunch menu.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
True. Ryan Graves saying hes going to take Mackinnons advice on what to put in his body for the rest of his career says it all. All I know is that this team changed on November 5th when Nathan became the alpha in that room. No longer had to listen to country music and had full access to Avs lunch menu.
If I had to listen to country before every game I played... can’t be anything more detrimental to someone’s ability to perform than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad