Zadorov sitting for violating team rules.

SeanDog

Feb 1, 2010
The fact is that some people are just.. well.. late for stuff. They operate on their own clock. I'm the opposite, I'm 10 minutes early for everything and fear being late, but I've come to learn that not everyone is like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time in Zad's life where it has been a big deal. He probably hasn't had a job, and has had most things taken care of for him, so I bet this whole thing is a big adjustment. I think he will learn and grow up.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
This is exactly what I was thinking just now..

Have him stay with Gorges, Bogo, Moulson or Gionta.

I know Gorges had Gallagher in Montreal his rookie season and Bogo had Trouba..

Gionta commutes from Rachaha.

Shame we don't have someone like Sekera to mentor him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sa...sing-meeting-i-just-feel-sorry-this-happened/

For the second time in less than a month, Sabres defenseman Nikita Zadorov stood up before his teammates and apologized for breaking a rule.

On Sunday morning, the Sabres benched the 19-year-old Russian for showing up to a meeting late.

“I just feel sorry this happened … I couldn’t do that,†Zadorov said this afternoon. “It was my mistake, 100 percent, no excuses, couldn’t that. I spoke with the team, I said, ‘I’m sorry, boys. I don’t want to lose your trust.’ It’s all about the team. I just want to get back as soon as I can and help the team.â€

He also apologized late last month after he got stuck in the Dominican Republic following the NHL All-Star break. The Sabres formally suspended him then.

“I felt pretty bad in myself because I made that mistake again, just try to be better teammate, and I will work on that,†Zadorov said.

Zadorov said his alarm didn’t go off Sunday morning. Instead of setting two alarms, Zadorov said he will now set three.

Before Zadorov talked, Sabres coach Ted Nolan downplayed the incident, saying the team will “let that lay.â€

“It’s a minor thing that young people do,†he said. “I’m quite sure a lot of young 19-year-old in university probably lept in and missed an exam once in a while.â€

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
3 alarms... that a boy, nikita

Also...don't have alarm near ur bed so you can just keep hitting snooze. Make sure you have to get up to turn alarm off

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Sabres general manager Tim Murray has spoken with Zadorov, who skated this morning.

“He said same thing, ‘You can’t do that, you’re a young guy, you got to be careful. You got to have a plan B or something like that every time,’†Zadorov said. “Same thing with the flight. I will work on that. It’s my fault.â€

That seems to confirm to me how most saw the plane incident. He missed his flight for legitimate reasons but was punished because it's his responsibility to have a back-up plan.

I hope his teammates start calling him "Chili" because he has three alarms.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time in Zad's life where it has been a big deal. He probably hasn't had a job, and has had most things taken care of for him, so I bet this whole thing is a big adjustment. I think he will learn and grow up.

I think he will "learn" to be on time next season when the consequences are even greater (able to be sent to the AHL).

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
He missed his flight for legitimate reasons but was punished because it's his responsibility to have a back-up plan.

I am going to pick my son up late from school today. I'm sure I will have legitimate reasons, but me sitting on HFboards right now isn't helpful in putting me in a place to be on time.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I am going to pick my son up late from school today. I'm sure I will have legitimate reasons, but me sitting on HFboards right now isn't helpful in putting me in a place to be on time.

Your comparison isn't accurate unless when you got in your car and it wouldn't start, and you didn't have a "back-up" vehicle or ride pre-arranged. Rob's comment is fair.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Your comparison isn't accurate unless when you got in your car and it wouldn't start, and you didn't have a "back-up" vehicle or ride pre-arranged. Rob's comment is fair.

Well it depends on why he got bumped from the oversold flight, could it be because he was one of the last people to check in for the flight.

How to Avoid Being Bumped

If you have obligations in your destination city and absolutely cannot afford to be bumped from a flight, arrive as early as possible at the airport, especially if you're taking a popular route. Better yet, check in online before you even leave for the airport. The last passengers to check in for the flight are typically the ones who find themselves bumped involuntarily. If you're at the gate before the majority of the passengers have checked in, your chances of retaining your original reservation are favorable.

U.S. Department of Transportation statistics show that on average, only about one of every 10,000 airline passengers is bumped involuntarily. This number often increases over the holidays and other busy travel seasons, but the volunteer system does in fact work very well, and it is unlikely you will be denied boarding on your next trip.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Oh my god, a teenager over slept! No. Way! We need to dump this bum,

Come on guys, yep, he screwed up setting an alarm. I know he maes a ton, but he's young and gonna make mistake. Last I checked teenagers can sleep a lot. Want to solve the prole, see if you can get him to move in with a teammate with children. My nine, seven and five year old NEVER sleep in past 7! Plus thy have no idea how to be quiet.

That'll solve the problem.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
That seems to confirm to me how most saw the plane incident. He missed his flight for legitimate reasons but was punished because it's his responsibility to have a back-up plan.

I hope his teammates start calling him "Chili" because he has three alarms.

That's a good one! :laugh:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
:laugh:

I thought he had actually done something serious. Glad it's just that.

I usually set around 15-20 alarms every morning, because I have this weird skill of walking to my phone without actually waking up. :dunno:

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Right.

It doesn't matter what he did. He got suspended again.

You don't get a team-sanctioned suspensions multiple times in one season without having some immaturity issues.

He's a pro. Time to start acting like one.

But before that, tell me how you acted back when you were 19. Most of those kids have made countless of sacrifices already to be where they are now.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Why are posters throwing around "suspension"?

I thought it was a "healthy scratch" due to his mistake.

Am I wrong :dunno:

Was it officially a suspension? (Without pay)

machpo

Apr 18, 2007
Can the Nolan bashers finally put down the smelling salts and sit up from their fainting couches now about this? Tyler Seguin, Joel Ward, Evander Kane are just a few names that came up in a quick search for 'scrached for missing team meeting.' It happens, it's often publicized, nothing out of the ordinary. Zads needs to grow up. Shocker.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Can the Nolan bashers finally put down the smelling salts and sit up from their fainting couches now about this? Tyler Seguin, Joel Ward, Evander Kane are just a few names that came up in a quick search for 'scrached for missing team meeting.' It happens, it's often publicized, nothing out of the ordinary. Zads needs to grow up. Shocker.

I'll still bash Nolan for being a terrible hockey coach. I didn't bash him on this though.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007
Why are posters throwing around "suspension"?

I thought it was a "healthy scratch" due to his mistake.

Am I wrong :dunno:

Was it officially a suspension? (Without pay)

One of the sabres beat reporters used the word in a tweet, and then later retracted it. Wasn't a suspension.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Ever been 10 minutes late for appointment because of crazy traffic. Nolan is making this kid into a problem child. It's absurd. One incident was getting bumped on a plane. You're screwed when that happens unless you can afford to charter a plane.

You ask me, I'm only concerned he was not in top shape at camp. And I'm not all that concerned about that.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad