Zadorov or Graves

Who to Keep?

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
All this hand wringing over Graves or Z. The inconsistency. Sure. They are inconsistent. Cole is consistent in how much (he) sucks.

I think Cole has his moments where he helps the team defensively (not often enough), but this made me laugh. :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What if EJ has to have knee surgery and is out 6-8 months?
456626.png

Seriously doe. I can totally see this happening anyway.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Relying on all three of EJ, Makar, Timmins to stay healthy all year is completely unrealistic. I'm tired of seeing less-skilled guys like Cole or Z trying to play the right side and fail when clearing pucks on their backhand. The Avs need to add a RHD, even if it's just a depth guy to fill a role similar to Barberio or Connauton.

To answer the OP, I'd sell (somewhat) high on Graves and keep Z, but I expect the opposite to happen.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What if EJ has to have knee surgery and is out 6-8 months?

This is a real concern, and one of the main reasons I think Joe brings in a a legit top 4 guy in the off season. Someone who can consistently do a better job replacing EJ's role than Graves, Z, and Cole did.

Ideally that would be Timmins, but as pointed out, it's very hard to rely on him for that right now too.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If Cole was Ok, it wouldn’t matter. But he’s so far from ok. He’s a turnover waiting to happen. His defense sucks. His transition sucks. His effort level sucks. His offense sucks. He flat out sucks. All this hand wringing over Graves or Z. The inconsistency. Sure. They are inconsistent. Cole is consistent in how much sucks. Sucks. If he’s didn’t suck, he would have gotten more ice time in the playoffs. If Byram is somehow worse than Cole next year, we have a Byram problem on top of our Cole problem.

Girard for Murray is insulting. wtf.
Co-sign

The guy is supposed to be a veteran presence that brings stability. Instead, he’s a mistake machine who brings chaos. You’d think a well paid veteran would have some pride and professionalism. Instead Cole is dedicated to being worthless.

It’s important to have standards and keeping Cole around sends a bad message to a young team.

Last edited:
Reactions: arun and McJedi

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Co-sign

The guy is supposed to be a veteran presence that brings stability. Instead, he’s a mistake machine who brings chaos. You’d think a well paid veteran would have some pride and professionalism. Instead Cole is dedicated to being worthless.

It’s important to have standards and keeping Cole around sends a bad message to a young team.

Yeah, I was real disappointed in Cole's playoff performance. I don't know if he was missing his family or what, but it just wasn't good enough this year.

Makar had more shot blocks at even strength in the 7 games against Dallas than Cole did. That should never be the case.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah, I was real disappointed in Cole's playoff performance. I don't know if he was missing his family or what, but it just wasn't good enough this year.

Makar had more shot blocks at even strength in the 7 games against Dallas than Cole did. That should never be the case.
How about that one play where he got out of the way of a point shot and it eventually resulted in a goal. Thats almost as bad as John Mitchell spraying that Wild player instead of hitting him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad