Zadorov hit to the head on Glendenning. Suspension or no?

McSendy

Nov 29, 2017
This is just straight up wrong. First of all Glendenning isn't bent over, his knees are bent which is required to skate up ice. Second of all, yes a big player can hit a smaller player just fine without head being both initial and primary point of contact, and in fact Zadorov was in a good position to do just that if he didn't extend up into contact at the last moment. He had himself in a lowered position braced for contact and tried to lay a massive hit by extending into it. He didn't need to do this, I promise you. Glendenning would have gotten blown up either way, he just wouldn't have been knocked out from the head contact.
Apparently I wasn't straight up wrong, but it seems like the DoPS thinks your assessment was straight up wrong.

"While there was significant head contact on this play, Zadorov took a proper angle of approach, did not extend outward or upward, and hit through Glendening’s core."

Last edited:
Reactions: duckpuck

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Right.

Brenden Dillon vs. Jamie Benn, February 11, 2022 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'4 Dillon
Jamie Benn vs. Josh Brown, October 17, 2021 - Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators -- 6'5 Brown
Nikita Zadorov vs. Jamie Benn, February 07, 2021 - Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'6 Zadorov
Josh Anderson vs. Jamie Benn, November 12, 2018 - Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'3 Anderson
Jamie Benn vs. Dustin Byfuglien, November 02, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Winnipeg Jets -- 6'5 Byfuglien
Jamie Benn vs. Nikita Tryamkin, March 16, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks -- 6'7 Tryamkin
David Backes vs. Jamie Benn, February 26, 2017 - Boston Bruins vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'3 Backes
Jamie Benn vs. Dion Phaneuf, February 09, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators -- 6'3 Phaneuf
etc.

About half his NHL fights are against guys bigger than him, he has no problem going with bigger guys out there. There is no reason to go with Lucic when he sits on the bench and does/creates nothing and there is no reason (previously to the headshot) to go with Zadorov or Gudbrandson because they are 5th/6th pylons on the backend.

It's amazing how triggered Flames fans are that Benn won't go with their pylons while their tough guy Tkchoke targets 170lbs offensive d-men. Funniest thing about this series really.
Why even argue with this child?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't like this hit at all. He had the chance to power through his midsection, and instead, he followed through high and got him right in the face.
I understand what you’re saying - however the distinct size difference played a big role as to how things went down.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Apparently I wasn't straight up wrong, but it seems like the DoPS thinks your assessment was straight up wrong.

"While there was significant head contact on this play, Zadorov took a proper angle of approach, did not extend outward or upward, and hit through Glendening’s core."
If you're using the DoPS decision as evidence of anything I don't know what to tell you. They get it wrong constantly and their assessment there is laughable if you watch the actual clip. The extension isn't egregious, but it does happen and when you're hitting a guy that much smaller than you in a vulnerable position there's no reason to extend into the hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad