Zadorov hit to the head on Glendenning. Suspension or no?

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
He'll have to answer the bell tomorrow after chirping the whole bench

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Not for the slew foot
Yea, but they did.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
As a Calgary fan if this was the regular season Zadarov should be suspended a couple of games.

Yet the league fined Jamie Benn $5000 twice, once for tripping, a slewfoot, then spearing a player in the face, which they called a high stick. Then he slewfooted another guy and got nothing.

Then they suspended Nurse for one game for head butting. That nurse one should of been multiple games. Using a helmut as a weapon, intent to injure.

The Benn Spear and the Nurse headbutt should of been many games missed.

Zadarov should also sit for a couple of games.

Yet how do you suspend him after the calls already made?

People will argue about point of contact. It is debatable. Spear to the head is not debatable. $5000 fine. Headbutt to a guys face using your helmut as a weapon 1 game suspension.

The league called this right. In reality all the players I have mentioned should be sitting out many games with suspensions.

I just think Zadarovs hit had no intent to injure while the other plays definitely had intent.

A headbutt is intent to injure. A spear to the face is an intent to injure. A body check we must review and question the point of impact. Not the same thing.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He'll have to answer the bell tomorrow after chirping the whole bench

To whom? Dallas has one player on the entire roster that can potentially fight him and that is Benn. Dallas doesn't have fighters, nor do we have big players.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wrong takeaway.....my point was that the league DID crack down on Benn for some tickytack stuff.

They saw Zadorov's blatant headshot on Glendening, which went uncalled, ACTUALLY ADMITTED IT WAS A HEADSHOT, and then said "nah this is fine".

It defies logic. :laugh:
That’s because Benn is a dirty repeat offender

Zadorov has never been suspended

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
And Benn has shit his pants anytime someone his size/bigger challenges him.

Right.

Brenden Dillon vs. Jamie Benn, February 11, 2022 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'4 Dillon
Jamie Benn vs. Josh Brown, October 17, 2021 - Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators -- 6'5 Brown
Nikita Zadorov vs. Jamie Benn, February 07, 2021 - Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'6 Zadorov
Josh Anderson vs. Jamie Benn, November 12, 2018 - Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'3 Anderson
Jamie Benn vs. Dustin Byfuglien, November 02, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Winnipeg Jets -- 6'5 Byfuglien
Jamie Benn vs. Nikita Tryamkin, March 16, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks -- 6'7 Tryamkin
David Backes vs. Jamie Benn, February 26, 2017 - Boston Bruins vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'3 Backes
Jamie Benn vs. Dion Phaneuf, February 09, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators -- 6'3 Phaneuf
etc.

About half his NHL fights are against guys bigger than him, he has no problem going with bigger guys out there. There is no reason to go with Lucic when he sits on the bench and does/creates nothing and there is no reason (previously to the headshot) to go with Zadorov or Gudbrandson because they are 5th/6th pylons on the backend.

It's amazing how triggered Flames fans are that Benn won't go with their pylons while their tough guy Tkchoke targets 170lbs offensive d-men. Funniest thing about this series really.

Reactions: Elysian and 53or8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Good, the hit doesn't deserve a suspension. 6'6" guy destroying manlets who are bent over regardless of head contact don't deserve suspensions. The hit is pretty much the exact same he dealt to Kase when he destroyed him in the regular season. It wasn't a suspension there and it isn't here.

Players need to have better situational awareness. It's the same when players go into the boards and at the last second pivot to give their opponent their back and then they get smoked and cry about it, like it's your fault for getting crushed if you do something stupid like that.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Right.

Brenden Dillon vs. Jamie Benn, February 11, 2022 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'4 Dillon
Jamie Benn vs. Josh Brown, October 17, 2021 - Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators -- 6'5 Brown
Nikita Zadorov vs. Jamie Benn, February 07, 2021 - Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'6 Zadorov
Josh Anderson vs. Jamie Benn, November 12, 2018 - Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'3 Anderson
Jamie Benn vs. Dustin Byfuglien, November 02, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Winnipeg Jets -- 6'5 Byfuglien
Jamie Benn vs. Nikita Tryamkin, March 16, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks -- 6'7 Tryamkin
David Backes vs. Jamie Benn, February 26, 2017 - Boston Bruins vs. Dallas Stars -- 6'3 Backes
Jamie Benn vs. Dion Phaneuf, February 09, 2017 - Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators -- 6'3 Phaneuf
etc.

About half his NHL fights are against guys bigger than him, he has no problem going with bigger guys out there. There is no reason to go with Lucic when he sits on the bench and does/creates nothing and there is no reason (previously to the headshot) to go with Zadorov or Gudbrandson because they are 5th/6th pylons on the backend.

It's amazing how triggered Flames fans are that Benn won't go with their pylons while their tough guy Tkchoke targets 170lbs offensive d-men. Funniest thing about this series really.
1: I was reffering to this series, not his lifetime card
2: I agree there is no reason for him to go with Looch/Gud/Ritchie because they would each clean his clock, the Zads fight you love to post was a Benn win, but not nearly as bad as you guys want it to be. You can bet that Benn wants to keep it that way, and thats why he won't give Zads the rematch.
3: Tkchuk is not a tough guy
4: The funniest part of this eries is how bad you guys want to be the victim on everything, LMFAO.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I think you're misunderstanding what I meant when I said completely unavoidable. I was referencing situations like rule ii) and iii) where there isn't enough time to react to a player's position. My argument on that was Zadorov extending through the legs occurred after Glendenning had already changed position previously, and in my opinion that gave him more than adequate time to not do it when he realized Glendenning's position was changing, but he chose to because he was looking to throw a big hit.

I do realize these are opinions, but objectively its pretty hard to argue that for rule i) that Zadorov didn't extend his body into the hit. You can objectively measure that by looking at his positioning at 2 separate points before and during the contact.

The reason that ii) and iii) are much more subjective and debatable is because you are debating if there was enough time for Zadorov to recognize this and adjust his hit accordingly. I believe there was, and you believe there wasn't, that's fine.

So I guess the NHL agreed with me? LOLZ.

And the extending through his legs and "more than adequate time not to do it" argument ignores the fact that it happened so quickly. Zadorov is getting ready to deliver the hit and can't react as quickly as you suggest. Just not physically possible.

So next time a player headshots a guy, just make sure to claim you couldn't avoid it. Then you'll be fine

Zadorov was forced to make that hit by some invisible entity I suppose

Just stupid. No one is ever "forced" to make a hit. But hitting is allowed in the NHL and, sometimes, head contact is unavoidable. This was one of those cases were Zadorov did nothing wrong in how he approached the hit (at least according to the league on many others).

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Of course it should be a game but it won't because Parros!

Should of been a penalty on the play. Dont think its a suspension. Massive size difference between the two players.
So now bigger players now get a pass on dirty hits as long as the person they hit is smaller?

Reactions: Elysian

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Don't worry men still play it. Men just don't have to meet the archaic criteria of being a "man" that they used to where causing and receiving brain damage was heralded as "manly".
Go watch soccer.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Good, the hit doesn't deserve a suspension. 6'6" guy destroying manlets who are bent over regardless of head contact don't deserve suspensions. The hit is pretty much the exact same he dealt to Kase when he destroyed him in the regular season. It wasn't a suspension there and it isn't here.

Players need to have better situational awareness. It's the same when players go into the boards and at the last second pivot to give their opponent their back and then they get smoked and cry about it, like it's your fault for getting crushed if you do something stupid like that.

Not sure I can agree with this. Sure hockey is a contact sport, but if anyone should know how much damage can a hit to the head do, is another hockey player.

All of these guys know/have a teammate or even an older player they adored while growing up with concussion history and experience. Yet we still see players chose destroying the opponent vs avoiding sending a fellow player to hospital.

Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad