Zadorov hit on Kase - Dirty or clean?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Should have been a penalty and should be a suspension.
As for Zadorov being a tall guy. He got down low and lined him up real good.

image.png

1.png

2.png

3.png
(Not a Flames fan) The last frame is 100% why Kase has so many concussions. Look how he is leaning into hit. He did that in Boston and Anaheim too.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Clean hit. What is Kase thinking here? He leads into the hit with his head and stick out. He needs to learn how to take a hit or he’s gonna have a short career.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Principle point of contact is definitely the head. Good thing he got his hands up or might of needed to cart him off the ice. Do you still call it a hit to the head even though he got his hands up or no because he got his hands up?Not sure how you call this one though I'm on the fence.

HockeyShack

Feb 18, 2005
Not clean, hit him in the head. Doesn't matter about the height difference. Pronger got in trouble for this shit when the guys were small.

1 Game will be fine for this

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Not clean, hit him in the head. Doesn't matter about the height difference. Pronger got in trouble for this shit when the guys were small.

1 Game will be fine for this
So Kase is just allowed to skate around face first into people and no one can ever hit him..... Genius!

Reactions: Anglesmith

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I thought it was fine. He needs to keep his head up more. I say this as a leafs fan.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This wasn't a predatory hit. Kase turns into him and Zadorov isn't exactly flying in to make that hit. Just seemed like Kase hit a giant wall.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It wasn't the cleanest hit.. but, Kase also put himself in a bad position here. There comes a point, when you really need some self preservation. Kamikaze, or something like that.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
So you fine the guy for standing up and let the other guy running into him head down?

I stated my own opinion (clean hit) - the fine is what i think the league might do because it's the NHL and they are like that.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I dont see how this could ever be seen as dirty. It was unfortunate contact at best. Kase was lucky it wasnt dirty. Stevens would have killed him

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A player may not have "intent" to target the head, but reckless action leading to the same result is just as bad.

He clear as day makes contact with the head of Kase.
What’s reckless here though? He just makes a hit. Doesn’t target the head, doesn’t leave his skates, not near the boards, not in the back…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad