Zadorov hit on Kase - Dirty or clean?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Rule 48
In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.
(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable

Clearly hits him through the body, and Kase is somewhat hunched over(as well as being much shorter than Zadorov).

You make this hit illegal and you might as well outlaw body contact in the NHL.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Zadorov has at least 6 inches on Kase. It doesn't look like he's intentionally targeting the head here.

Ya, idk how he avoids head when Kase is bent forwards, crouched, and turning. In hindsight we can say, sure, target the shoulder, but that’s tougher when the guy isn’t headed in a straight line.

Hope Kase is ok, and it likely wouldn’t have helped but- bucket flying off for a dude with head injuries, yikes.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Clean. Kase leaning a bit forward and Azadorov is a big guy. Just unfortunate positioning.

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
Dirty Kase should have got a high sticking penalty
That was my first thought too and I'm a Leafs fan. His stick clearly hits Z's head (although I wouldn't call it 'dirty')

The hit looked like a good one to me but I think a view from the other side would be clearer.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I saw the gif someone put on the game day board. I don't think it was dirty at all. In the gif it shows some contact to the head, but not intentional at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad