Zadorov hit on Kase - Dirty or clean?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Great hit.
I remember a Maple leafs player throwing a hit just like that ......once upon a long time ago.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
yes I was absolutely shocked considering the refs are never wrong and get every single call correct, absolutely stunned

Again like I said, not suspension worthy but should've easily been 2 mins.
You got the 2 minutes right, Kase for high sticking.

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Clean, good hockey hit. Not even a hard hit. Just a basic hit.

I don't see anything special here. Probably won't even crack a highlight reel. It was minor impact.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
what's clear is that the point of contact was kase's face.

what's up for debate is whether this could've been avoided. i gave my two cents and i did respond above to the language in the rule book.

you're welcome to disagree. you don't have to be an ass about it.
You don’t have to be wrong but you continue to insist on being it. There is no debate to be had here.

illicit

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
To everyone saying this is a clean hit, would your reaction be the same if it was Tom Wilson instead of Zadorov?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Thats a clean and solid hit

Kase kinda ran into a pylon there

Blueline Tripped me

Feb 11, 2022
Slow this down frame by frame. Engvall should be suspended for the suicide pass. Why on a 4 on 2 does he have to put his teammate into such a vulnerable position when nobody is coming toward him. Kase gets the hands and stick up. 2 minutes on Kase for high sticking. Count Zadorov's strides. At most 1? He didn't attack Kase. Zadorov had perfect positioning and Kase's 8 strides took him right into a coasting Zadorov. Zadorov's hands are low throughout the entire hit until Kase explodes. This is text book. Kase should only be complaining about Engvall's horrible pass.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I thought it was a clean hit and unfortunately due to size difference Kase got hit near the head. Unless NHL is going to ban hitting these types of hits will happen.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Great hit.
I remember a Maple leafs player throwing a hit just like that ......once upon a long time ago.

Paging Dr Muzzin.
This guy went from warrior to useless quicker than any player I remember. Last night would of been perfect for him to dust off the old shoulder

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
To everyone saying this is a clean hit, would your reaction be the same if it was Tom Wilson instead of Zadorov?

The issue is that Wilson is usually the one barreling into someone at full speed. Zadorov mostly just steps into people who think they can skate through him. He's the cleanest hard hitter I've ever seen. Miss you bro.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago

Well no one thought Wilson's massive hit on Anton Blidh was dirty three weeks ago, so I'd imagine that thread would be just like this one. Lots of people are able to judge clean versus dirty while setting aside personal dislikes.

Reactions: Dache

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad