Zadorov having DoPS hearing for check to the head of Lucas Raymond (suspended 2 games)

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
He definitely sells it though. Did you see the extended look on the angle from the far end of the rink?

He falls to his knees while throwing his hands up (holding onto the stick the whole time) and then does the same pose a soccer player does when doing a sliding on the knees celly, throwing his head backwards before going to his face. Completely unnatural motion and is pretty clearly a sell. Not saying he didn't get clipped but anybody that's played hockey has been clipped 10x harder than that 10x over.
It looks a bit strange, I admit.

I tend to give a guy the benefit of the debt with a head shot at that speed that he didn't see coming. He may have been rattled and felt a little cloudy for a second.
I played and had a couple of concussions ,but I have also had my bell rung (not seeing stars or anything, just getting reverse hit while reaching and ending up on my ass winded and feeling cobwebby for like 4 seconds) in ways that weren't concussions and I didn't leave the game and not because of ignorance around head injuries. So falling down like that as a reaction seems somewhat justified.

If he was being calculating enough to fake that then he's, within like 0.06 seconds, deciding to make it look like he has a serious head injury.

I don't know Raymond to be an injury faker. He's a super heady player with great hockey sense whom I paid a lot of attention to in his rookie year but I haven't seen much of since then. So if he has a history of doing so that that I don't know about I will rescind my defense of him.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
It looks a bit strange, I admit.

I tend to give a guy the benefit of the debt with a head shot at that speed that he didn't see coming. He may have been rattled and felt a little cloudy for a second.
I played and had a couple of concussions ,but I have also had my bell rung (not seeing stars or anything, just getting reverse hit while reaching and ending up on my ass winded and feeling cobwebby for like 4 seconds) in ways that weren't concussions and I didn't leave the game and not because of ignorance around head injuries. So falling down like that as a reaction seems somewhat justified.

If he was being calculating enough to fake that then he's, within like 0.06 seconds, deciding to make it look like he has a serious head injury.

I don't know Raymond to be an injury faker. He's a super heady player with great hockey sense whom I paid a lot of attention to in his rookie year but I haven't seen much of since then. So if he has a history of doing so that that I don't know about I will rescind my defense of him.

He does not have a history of "selling it". The poster just happen to go to the same medical school as Mark Recchi.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I find it amazing that social media is filled with blooper video after blooper video of people looking like complete fools just slipping on ice or tripping up the stairs, yet posters on HFBs can't believe a player looks goofy in the 2 seconds after getting their head blasted at full NHL speed.

Guess what? If there were high-speed, high-definition cameras trained on your everyday life, there are plenty of times someone could point to what you look like in slow motion and label you an idiot too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad