Zadorov having DoPS hearing for check to the head of Lucas Raymond (suspended 2 games)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Talk about throwing a hit with a very low percentage of being successful.

Definitely doesn't seem intentional but he does pick Raymond's head and makes very little body contact.

Raymond came back to play the rest of the game. Since the DoPS typically goes light if someone doesn't get brained I could see it getting a game. Though they have been handing them out longer than usual lately. Spin the wheel I guess.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Reckless hit. No history at least one game, a history then has to be multiple games

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It’s maybe a game. Not intentional but got his head. Barely any contact, Raymond sold the hell out of that and came back on 2 shifts later.
This is a seriously hot take. Raymond took a full shoulder to the side of his head followed by the back of Zadorov's helmet.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 2.31.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 2.31.46 PM.png

This is just a terrible hit attempt by Zadorov. A player needs to hit squarely through his opponent's body and there was little chance of that happening with this hit.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
It’s maybe a game. Not intentional but got his head. Barely any contact, Raymond sold the hell out of that and came back on 2 shifts later.

I don't have any love for the Wings, but that's definitely not "sold the hell out of that." Dude got an elbow and shoulder to the face. Intentional or otherwise, you're getting spun around at a minimum from that kind of contact.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
looks like he mistimed that pretty badly and just caught what he caught but it's all head obviously

i gotta say though the number of players crossing the offensive blue line lately with their heads down is pretty appalling. obviously you can't make that hit but holy shit protect yourself a little maybe too

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
No reason to go for that hit in that instance which makes it worse imo. Players can’t keep trying to get a piece of a guy who is about to get past them.

Reactions: egelband

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It looks like Zadorov tried to go for the upper body and the hit elevated a little and rode the shoulder up into the face.

I'd give him a game for the fact that it was poor form on the hit leading to a headshot and he didn't commit to the hit until after Raymond dumped the puck.

Doesn't look like Raymond sold it, that hit on a shorter lighter player is going to spin you around.

Players need to learn to start going through the middle of the body and not through the shoulders, neck, and head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad