Zadorov Goal vs Blues One of Hardest Wrist/Snap Shots I've Ever Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Great shot indeed.

But after watching them both a number of times, there is more of a flutter/wobble on that Semin shot than on Zadorov's from the OP. Also, Semin's shot is a little closer, as in 2 or 3 feet closer (left side faceoff dot outside hash-marks, Zad's was 2 or 3 feet off the top of the same face-off dot hash-marks). I'd still give the edge to Zadorov's shot in these examples.

Reactions: Canadienna

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I love that last replay, from behind the shooter. If the NHL had more camera angles from behind the puck on shots, it would really help show fans how incredible a lot of the shots are.

As for the best shot I've ever seen, I think it's this one:

Amazing about that one is the nonchalant presentation, out of nowhere. I don't know if it had the same velocity but amazing nonetheless.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
For the record, Matthews is one of my favorite players and is my pick for best scorer under 30. Maybe he'll even surpass the likes of Stamkos one day. Ovechkin and Gretz on their own well above (with a couple of other great snipers). Probably the best example of Matthews' shot was the one that was in and out and the announcers weren't sure if it was in. Tough to say if that was harder without a radar gun. Obviously comparing bodies of work, Matthews has an impressive list of lazer shots while Zadorov might never score again in the NHL. That said, it still doesn't negate the lightning caught in a bottle by Zad against the Blues on Jan 24th.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It's actually a way nicer shot on the slow mo replay than you can tell from the initial highlight

I keep wishing Zadorov would put it together somewhere, maybe it'll be Calgary

Ditto. I had to watch it a bunch of times and slow-mo brought my appreciation to another level.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be sure nice if it all came together for him in Calgary. He's sure being given a chance after a long dreadful start to the season for him.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Just what is this thread? A kind of very normal goal in the NHL today and because of audio sync problems, OP believes the shot is so hard it's in the net before it's even released. Was it a hard wrister? Sure, but nothing special. Was it well placed? Not enough to make it thread worthy.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
If we are posting folks with better wristers, I would like to submit:

I mean, he beats one of the best defenders in that era, and one of the best goalies of all time. To the point that Marty is standing there looking absolutely befuddled.

That said, I love me some Peacock. Dude does have an all world shot when it works. Just needs to make it work more consistently. Just like his (smart) physical play, defensive awareness, etc. So many tools, just needs a better toolbox.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
There was a wrist shot by Phil Kessel that hit the goal post and rebounded into the players bench on the fly. Now that would be hard /fast shot

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
You can hear the post while he looks like he is still in the process of shooting. Can,t say I have seen/heard that before.

I have, many times.
I have had video and audio slightly out of sync, so sometimes I would hear the ping of the post even before the shot was released.
Probably not the case here, though. That was a really nice wrister. I don't like the Flames, but I loved that shot.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Great shot indeed.

But after watching them both a number of times, there is more of a flutter/wobble on that Semin shot than on Zadorov's from the OP. Also, Semin's shot is a little closer, as in 2 or 3 feet closer (left side faceoff dot outside hash-marks, Zad's was 2 or 3 feet off the top of the same face-off dot hash-marks). I'd still give the edge to Zadorov's shot in these examples.

Semin has plenty of nasty wristers. He loved having the puck way far back near the heel of his skate and just lean in and wire pucks. Plenty like that in this video

This is my favorite of his

He would be so filthy in today's NHL

Reactions: Tofveve

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'd like to remind everybody that Matthews has a good wrister, perhaps the best. It seems like we're in danger of forgetting that if Zadorov is getting a thread.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i guess it's impressive zadorov hit the net? the shot is fairly routine wrister. i guess slow-mo can really make it look amazing for you sometimes, eh?

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Hardly faster than this one from Sedin:

Seriously though one of the most underrated goals in the history of hockey. Absolute f***ing beauty.

I have never seen this goal until now, but jesus that’s a sick goal. Probably doesn’t get attention cause Hiller looks like more like a fool there but probably cause it was such a nice shot.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I have never seen this goal until now, but jesus that’s a sick goal. Probably doesn’t get attention cause Hiller looks like more like a fool there but probably cause it was such a nice shot.
It's honestly the only goal I've seen like it. A lot of people will draw it up to fluke so they write it off as a brilliantly devised play, but when you look at his reaction, the way the puck comes off the stick, etc. you can easily tell it was planned. The first time I saw it I went, "Wow that was lucky" and then I marveled in how spectacular it was.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
This is a crazy thread. Half saying it's a totally normal wrister and the other half saying it was pretty special.

I'm definitely in the latter group. Guys like Matthews have incredible hard and accurate shots but not as hard as that one.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
These happen all the time. There are nice shots like these almost every night.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Have been watching tons of hard shot footage tonight due to the AS game . . . Still think this has to be one or the hardest ever recorded for a wrister/snap shot. Faster than the speed of sound lol. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad